Unrecord - a "nearly photorealistic" UE5 tactical FPS from the perspective of a police officer bodycam

Commissar SFLUFAN

Does the game have a feature for the bodycam to mysteriously experience a "malfunction" before shooting a suspect?

awvCFrnhN7E8Kfd9FCnr2i-1200-80.png
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The nearly photorealistic bodycam effect led some to question whether Unrecord was legit, so the developer turned on noclip.

Yesterday, developer Alexandre Spindler and Studio Drama revealed Unrecord, a first-person shooter with a striking bodycam perspective which frequently sells the illusion of being real camera footage.

It's so convincing that some questioned whether they were looking at a pre-rendered, on-rails game, or perhaps actual video footage. A few hours after the announcement, Spindler responded: "It's not a rail shooter or an FMV, it is indeed an FPS and these images are from real-time gameplay, not pre-rendered."

Today, Spindler went further, uploading a new video of the game (embedded above and in the tweet(opens in new tab) below) which includes the Unreal Engine user interface. Near the end of the video, he frees up the camera, no-clipping through the level to prove that it's genuinely an FPS with free movement. "For those who thought Unrecord was fake or a video, sorry," Spindler wrote.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Unrecord - a "nearly photorealistic" UE5 tactical FPS from the perspective of a police officer bodycam

The technology and execution of how movement works is impressive though. I could play a game like that even with the shaky cam. It’s just you are playing as the wrong character. If it’s multiplayer and you can shoot at the cops maybe Ill give it a shot.

17 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

There isn't much that appeals to me gameplay wise, but it's a seriously impressive piece of tech.

This is just like all the UE5 demos, I’m hyped for it, but damnit when is a UE5 non multiplayer AAA game gonna dropppppp

• Halal 1

On 4/21/2023 at 1:25 PM, stepee said:

This is just like all the UE5 demos, I’m hyped for it, but damnit when is a UE5 non multiplayer AAA game gonna dropppppp

final-immortals-16x9.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.
WWW.EA.COM

Summon your power, stop the Everwar, and save the realms in Immortals of Aveum™, a single-player first-person magic shooter.

Apparently, no later than July.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Yeah, @stepee - how did you miss this thread?

I saw the game announcement but not the July date so I just lumped it in with the other no eta UE5 games! July is good timing for that game as if it wasn’t the first big UE5 game to actually come out I wouldn’t be that interested!