Red Dead Redemption II | Official Thread of Shrinking Equine Testicles

Commissar SFLUFAN

10 minutes ago, Man_of_X said:

I've had this happen a few times.  Most of the time, if I get off my horse, check the wheel and equip what I want to equip, there are no issues.  I've had it swap my revolver out for the volcanic pistol a few times.

I mean, I couldn't. In the literal final mission of the game, when I got off my horse I could not get back on. I was stuck with the shitty bolt action. There were many times were I got stuck with the bolt action and it sucked the final mission had to also be one of them.

5 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

I honestly don’t remember RDR 1 playing out with such crazy travel and such a slow pace. That’s one of 3 Open world games I found so fun I actually 100% it. The others being Black Flag and Witcher 3. I don’t think it’s too outrageous to say RDR2 does not meet expectations if you were expecting more of the same from RDR1

"That being said, the ultra-restrictive main mission designs are already grating. 50% riding (aka holding X), 40% cutscenes/slow walking/blabbering, 9% tutorial and 1% cool gameplay...every damn time."

This is what I was commenting on - you described every Rockstar game since GTA 3.

And RDR1 wasn't that so much more "fun" in traversing the map.  Really the only difference with RDR1 vs RDR2 when it comes to what you described is that the map is much larger in RDR2 so obviously "such crazy travel" is going to be required.

Another way to get around would be great but unless I'm not remembering correctly the only two options you had to get around in RDR1 were your horse and stage coach with a world that felt more empty vs rdr2.

1 hour ago, Captain Pickle said:

wow.  Of course.

I just met her last night and listened to her ideas.  Suprisingly I never had the urge to hate assault the woman.  Then again, I'm not a shit bird

The sad part is that article was sent to me by a non-gaming friend who just re-discovered gaming through his girlfriend :|. I convinced them to buy RDR2 by sending them some of the gameplay clips I posted in this thread.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The sad part is that article was sent to me by a non-gaming friend who just re-discovered gaming through his girlfriend :|. I convinced them to buy RDR2 by sending them some of the gameplay clips I posted in this thread.

Do they hate you now ?

39 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, it's true! I thought he was never going to stop his bitching, he kept it up even after he was done with the game and even brought it to other threads. :lol: 

Don't you even dare compare the two. I was shell shocked at that disaster. 

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Don't you even dare compare the two. I was shell shocked at that disaster. 

I'm not comparing the games, I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is for you to tell Biggie to stop complaining about a game when that's all you did in multiple other threads.

The reality is, RDR2 isn't perfection. There are some serious issues with control and other small designs that for some people, can kill their enjoyment of the game. Rockstar made this huge, impressive world, but went stupid on the small parts that are essential to being able to enjoy a game for many people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm not comparing the games, I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is for you to tell Biggie to stop complaining about a game when that's all you did in multiple other threads.

The reality is, RDR2 isn't perfection. There are some serious issues with control and other small designs that for some people, can kill their enjoyment of the game. Rockstar made this huge, impressive world, but went stupid on the small parts that are essential to being able to enjoy a game for many people.

Okay okay. I’ll stop. This is my final review of the game. 

It sucks. 

16 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

Do you think all those 100+ hour unmandatory work weeks made the staff sluggish and that translated into the game...

jk love u skillz 

Lol why amI getting called out :lol: I don't work for Rockstar and other people's misery has no effect on my enjoyment of the game :p I'm having fun with it but I also didn;t think the first game was the end all be all that a lot of people thought it was. I didn't finish that game until years after I bought it. I'm playing the game and pretty much ignoring the trolling going in this thread on both sides (in my Trump voice) :lol:

46 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That is true but it is also true that just constant posts about how the game sucks, even if made lightheartedly, starts to wear thin. 

I don't come into these massive threads often, and this one is losing me. 

5 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

That is true but it is also true that just constant posts about how the game sucks, even if made lightheartedly, starts to wear thin. 

I don't come into these massive threads often, and this one is losing me. 

I mean, I don't disagree that his posts only saying the game sucks are just plain trolling, i'm just pointing out that best is the last person who should be calling him out on it. :p 

Post that actually discuss real criticisms with the game are fine, though. Biggie had been doing that before. 

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, I don't disagree that his posts only saying the game sucks are just plain trolling, i'm just pointing out that best is the last person who should be calling him out on it. :p 

Post that actually discuss real criticisms with the game are fine, though. Biggie had been doing that before. 

Yeah that is definitely true as well and well played by you. 

49 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Lol why amI getting called out :lol: I don't work for Rockstar and other people's misery has no effect on my enjoyment of the game :p I'm having fun with it but I also didn;t think the first game was the end all be all that a lot of people thought it was. I didn't finish that game until years after I bought it. I'm playing the game and pretty much ignoring the trolling going in this thread on both sides (in my Trump voice) :lol:

Just having a bit of fun.  

Ps: I just killed a bison!

every time a go to do a quest I end up hunting something I need so then I want to go back to camp so I hunt some more on the way back.  Chapter 2 will never end. Fuggin squirrels! 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I discussed real criticisms with tomb raider. You seem to forget that. I just didn't say "the game sux"... Anyway, rdr2 is getting hated on here but everyone else in the world seems to love it. 

I don't really care enough to search through old posts, but you were definitely ridiculous and persistent in complaining about the game to the point of it coming off as antagonizing.

There are legitimate issues with RDR2. Even people who like the game notice the issues. Reviewers even noticed the issues. You like it, that's great. Even most people who have issues with the game here still like it. It's just not perfect, far from it.

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't really care enough to search through old posts, but you were definitely ridiculous and persistent in complaining about the game to the point of it coming off as antagonizing.

There are legitimate issues with RDR2. Even people who like the game notice the issues. Reviewers even noticed the issues. You like it, that's great. Even most people who have issues with the game here still like it. It's just not perfect, far from it.

I disagree with you saying I was ridiculous and persistent in complaining about the game to the point of it coming off as antagonizing. But whatever. I honestly don't care and I'm really enjoying my time with rdr2. Sorry you're not. 

9 hours ago, AndyD said:

Have you played other rockstar games? Because you just described GTA as well with differences really down to mode of transportation and setting

Not sure what people were expecting if they played previous Rockstar games 

I think the big difference is speeding through the city and killing pedestrians is more fun that RDR2 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I disagree with you saying I was ridiculous and persistent in complaining about the game to the point of it coming off as antagonizing. But whatever. I honestly don't care and I'm really enjoying my time with rdr2. Sorry you're not. 

Actually, I'm pretty sure when I last played the game last week, I said I was enjoying it more, though the issues were still present. I just don't think it's perfection and I'm no longer anticipating it being my GotY, which I thought it had a lock on.

You can still enjoy a game, even if it does have some significant issues. I'll probably play it some later tonight.

8 minutes ago, johnny said:

I think the big difference is speeding through the city and killing pedestrians is more fun that RDR2 

It does not change the fact that his description of what the game boils down to is the same description you can apply to all Rockstar games.

And again I go back to RDR1 - you're comparison of GTA 5 to RDR2 is the same comparison you can make to RDR1

I get why people don't like the game - it's obviously not for everyone.  But when people completely ignore how Rockstar has handled previous games thinking RDR2 would be a completely different game then that's what I don't understand.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I definitely remember having more fun with the first RDR.

I also remembered how much fun I had with GTA 5 till I actually tried playing it again last month to get the collectibles for RDR2

The nostalgia goggles have a nice way of playing tricks on you.

I'm sure if I kept playing I'd get used to the controls again of GTA 5 but it was not fun trying to drive around with the shitty car controls after not playing for a few years.  Targeting too.

Nah, it just played differently and you didn't feel so goddamn clunky moving around. Same with GTA5. I actually played through GTA5 twice, once on PS3 and once on PC. It's not been long enough for nostalgia. 

Nostalgia failing me was when I went back to replay GTA4 a few years ago and realizing it hadn't aged as well as I thought. I got about 2/3 through and gave up.

1 minute ago, AndyD said:

It does not change the fact that his description of what the game boils down to is the same description you can apply to all Rockstar games.

And again I go back to RDR1 - you're comparison of GTA 5 to RDR2 is the same comparison you can make to RDR1

I get why people don't like the game - it's obviously not for everyone.  But when people completely ignore how Rockstar has handled previous games thinking RDR2 would be a completely different game then that's what I don't understand.

I didn’t say the game is some completely new thing for Rockstar. They took their formula and tried to add new things and a lot of us don’t like it. 

Just now, AndyD said:

I also remembered how much fun I had with GTA 5 till I actually tried playing it again last month to get the collectibles for RDR2

If the boards didn’t get nuked I’d love to look back at the RDR thread and see what the complaints were because I don’t remember having any of these complaints myself. I remember the beginning not being fun because you have to do herding and shit but other than that I can’t think of a real complaint I had. 

Also saying “once you get used to it” isn’t a valid way to dismiss an issue. Yeah I can get used to playing something that sucks (I don’t think RDR2 sucks), but at the end of the day, it still sucks. 

Yeah I get used to the slow clunky movement, but that doesn’t mean it’s no longer an issue because I’ve played it so much it doesn’t stick out as much as it had before.  

9 minutes ago, AndyD said:

Yeah, no. Fucking dumb thing to say. 

Edit: I mean, Dark Souls came out a year after RDR, and I remember how I felt about that game. It isn't fucking nostalgia. 

3 hours ago, AndyD said:

I literally remember folks making a lot of these same complaints about GTA IV and V... shit if you go back far enough in this very thread you had folks anticipating the same "flaws" that other Rockstar games have... why folks thought that THIS Rockstar game wouldn't actually BE a Rockstar game for some reason is beyond me. I'm actually surprised that so far I'm enjoying the characters and story in this RDR more than I did the first one... as far as gameplay goes? I'm not having the issues a lot of folks are having because I learned how to play the game and it plays fine from where I'm sitting.

Wait am I understanding this in that people are holding up Red Dead 1 as like a less clunky game? 

I would encourage anyone who thinks that to revisit it lol. 

People had shit fits over the movement in that game. IIRC you couldn’t swim, and turning around at the end of a dock was suicide.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, no. Fucking dumb thing to say. 

I don't think so. I gave an example of how it impacted me. I think people are looking at prior Rockstar games as if they didn't have similar problems.

7 minutes ago, johnny said:

Also saying “once you get used to it” isn’t a valid way to dismiss an issue. Yeah I can get used to playing something that sucks (I don’t think RDR2 sucks), but at the end of the day, it still sucks. 

Yeah I get used to the slow clunky movement, but that doesn’t mean it’s no longer an issue because I’ve played it so much it doesn’t stick out as much as it had before.  

I never said it's not an issue. I'm just saying you guys are complaining about some things that have been inherent to Rockstar games - clunky controls has always been one of them.

Do I want them to improve controls?  Sure. But if it was that much of an issue for me, I would just stop playing and move on to the next.