Do you enjoy or dread talking on the phone?

Remarkableriots

If it's something that can be discussed through text, just text me.

If it's something that has to be discussed over the phone, text me what you want to talk to me about, otherwise I'm not answering.

The only people I ever answer the phone for are my family (because it's usually an emergency if they're calling me in the first place) or my boss (because both of us are fully aware of points 1 and 2, so if he's calling me, I know it's something he can't really type out or needs an answer on right away)

Generally speaking, I do not answer my phone when people call me. If I don't know you, fuck off, if I do know you, text me what you want to talk about and I'll call you back.

My phone is like a glorified pager, basically.

I generally would rather spend a minute on the phone and get a conversation completed than to text back and forth for 5 minutes because one of us is struggling to understand something.

5 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

If it's something that can be discussed through text, just text me.

If it's something that has to be discussed over the phone, text me what you want to talk to me about, otherwise I'm not answering.

The only people I ever answer the phone for are my family (because it's usually an emergency if they're calling me in the first place) or my boss (because both of us are fully aware of points 1 and 2, so if he's calling me, I know it's something he can't really type out or needs an answer on right away)

Generally speaking, I do not answer my phone when people call me. If I don't know you, fuck off, if I do know you, text me what you want to talk about and I'll call you back.

My phone is like a glorified pager, basically.

This explains me 100%.

Old job of mine was filled with boomers who didn’t email or couldn’t open a pdf so I had to be on the phone all the goddamn time. I dreaded it because it was constant phone tag, taking notes, bleh. Unscheduled calls are the worst, at least my company now has a culture of scheduling everything. Only one of them had an excuse for not using email, he was the company GC and had recently (3 years prior to my joining the company) been raided by the FBI so was weary of the written word. 

I don't mind talking to people on the phone that dislike talking to people on the phone as much as I do. The calls are usually short and sweet. 

I live in a bad cell area with bad cell service, so I usually find myself standing by the open door or outside, which makes long calls slightly frustrating. Especially with kids.