Barbie - Teaser Trailer (July 21, 2023)

TheLeon

I’m not aching to see it in theatres, but this might be THE MOVIE OF 2023 to get fucking high with friends/family with. Although it didn’t work wth our attempt with CATS. We made it 24mins into a bootleg stream of the movie, and switched over to Into The Spider-Verse (for the HDR colours mainly, again, we were super high)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, silentbob said:

This looks so much better than it has any right to be. I kinda wanna REALLY see this now in theatres. 

SO much better. Like.....HOW does it look this good? This is somehow gripping and compelling in ways not possible.

• True 2

I don’t remember if I mentioned it, but Gerwig said that while she and Noah Baumbach were writing it that he loved it so much that he started trying to jump in to direct and she had to tell him no. Those are two people I trust to write a great script.

7 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Just now watched the full trailer ... no wonder this is releasing day & date against Oppenheimer ... completely, egregiously so, the vast difference in audience attendees.

Fuck it I'll watch both! I'll watch Oppenheimer then see this after. 

• 4 weeks later...

Banned in Vietnam for depicting pro-China propaganda!

5065.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Scene shows map of China’s controversial ‘nine-dash line’ – repudiated in international ruling

Vietnam has banned Warner Bros’s Barbie film from domestic distribution over a scene featuring a map that shows China’s unilaterally claimed territory in the South China Sea, state media have reported.

The U-shaped “nine-dash line” is used on Chinese maps to illustrate its claims over vast areas of the South China Sea, including swathes of what Vietnam considers its continental shelf, where it has awarded oil concessions.

Barbie is the latest movie to be banned in Vietnam for depicting China’s controversial nine-dash line, which was repudiated in an international arbitration ruling by a court in The Hague in 2016. China refuses to recognise the ruling.

In 2019, the Vietnamese government pulled DreamWorks’s animated film Abominable and last year it banned Sony’s action movie Uncharted for the same reason. Netflix also removed the Australian spy drama Pine Gap in 2021.

• 2 weeks later...