Biden pardoning all charges for marijuana possession. Orders AG to review its schedule status under the CSA (!!!)

3 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

The wonderful thing about “the border” for conservatives is that it can be whatever they want it to be at any given time.  Whatever your concerns are with the border situation, some clever sleight of hand makes any news bad news for democrats or good news for republicans even if it’s the exact same news.  When he was elected, Biden was going to be weak on immigration and he was going to let everyone in here!… then he deported more people than Trump did.  Normally you would think republicans would view that as a good thing but no.  Now it just means that they’re trying to come over in droves because they feel like Biden is weak.  Trump deports a ton of people because he’s strong on immigration Biden deports a ton of people because he’s weak on immigration, heads I win, tails you lose.  

It’s the same sleight of hand for other things.  Fentanyl is flooding from over the border allegedly but why?  It’s not like Mexico created the product AND the demand. In 2012 there were over 80 opioid scripts being written for every 100 adults.  Mexican cartels didn’t do that.  No one was crossing the border with a bunch of doctor’s pads and writing out scripts left and right.  Screaming to high heaven about drugs coming over the border is blaming the foam on a dog’s mouth for its rabies.  The opioid crisis is as American as apple pie and baseball, it’s just a lot of people really don’t like to talk about that so it’s much easier to blame someone else they don’t have to think about.  Besides, notice how the opioid problem has existed for over a decade but suddenly the discussion of fentanyl crossing the border only started in earnest around, say, early 2021?  Strange how that works.  An easy search shows you that fentanyl seizures were on the rise before then, yet it wasn’t a talking point in the 2020 elections.  Also to rehash the old point, fentanyl seizures means exactly that, fentanyl that doesn’t make it over here.  The border patrol makes a bunch of drug busts under Trump and it’s because they’re tough and vigilant.  The same people make even more busts under Biden and it’s because it’s flooding over all of a sudden.

I could go on.  All of these problems are complicated and there is no fun, pithy answer for any of it.  Whatever your feelings on the matter are and whether or not they align with mine don’t change the fact that conservatives in this country shift the argument effortlessly and immediately based on who is in charge.  

To be fair, I do remember El presidente talking about the opioid crisis back in 16. It stood out to me because I was still working in Baltimore where I was basically pulling ODs out of cars weekly.

but anyway, the border is such a shit topic. Migrants fleeing from crises we created by destabilizing their countries/societies in our endless pursuit of quarterly profits. The border is a manufactured crisis, chuds just miss the fact it’s manufactured by globalization and capitalism and our continued raping of the global south. Smedley Butler was writing about this a century ago and here we still are, 

I don't even understand what the "border issue" is even if they were completely open. I've never had to worry about a Mexican or South American person anywhere near as much as some psycho white kid with a redneck dad who believes guns should be freely available on the kitchen table.

• True 1

6 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I don't even understand what the "border issue" is even if they were completely open. I've never had to worry about a Mexican or South American person anywhere near as much as some psycho white kid with a redneck dad who believes guns should be freely available on the kitchen table.

The "border issue" is the fear of Texas turning blue from a continued influx of migrants who are too brown to welcome into the Republican fold regardless of how socially and religiously conservative they actually are.

• True 1

13 hours ago, best3444 said:

Basically all of that is at question and should be discussed. But I realized this board is 100% to the left so I'll get biased answers here. 

You won’t engage with @SaysWho?reply to you and shift to a broad and unrelated question with little-to-no context, then do not to answer questions regarding “what issues at the border are you referring to?”, yet the ones posting here are the biased ones? Okay.

• Halal 1

14 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

You won’t engage with @SaysWho?reply to you and shift to a broad and unrelated question with little-to-no context, then do not to answer questions regarding “what issues at the border are you referring to?”, yet the ones posting here are the biased ones? Okay.

And in another thread he was sad his mom was being brainwashed by Fox news :isee:

56 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I won't engage in any conversation on here. It's pointless. I'll just continue to make comments and then not follow up. 

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll just post whatever I want really. I couldn't care less what any of you guys think here on this section of the board. I just enjoy reading all the bullshit here. 

We’re the same people that post on all of the other sections of the forum, my guy.

15 hours ago, best3444 said:

Basically all of that is at question and should be discussed. But I realized this board is 100% to the left so I'll get biased answers here. 

The board is not 100% to the left.  I AM PROOF.

It's possible to have an engaging conversation with people who strongly disagree with you, just don't be a dick about it.  And if you are going to be a dick about it, expect a bag of dicks in return. 

• True 6

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

The "border issue" is the fear of Texas turning blue from a continued influx of migrants who are too brown to welcome into the Republican fold regardless of how socially and religiously conservative they actually are.

That's the truly amusing part.

That flow of socially/culturally conservative Latin American migrants into Texas would more than likely ensure the Texas remains "red" for the foreseeable future, longer than it would be under "normal" demographic circumstances.

• True 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I couldn't care less what any of you guys think here on this section of the board.

On 9/22/2022 at 3:46 PM, best3444 said:

This is the best place for this. Where else would I post this? Everyone that posts in here are responsible and intelligent. 

• Sicko 2

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's the truly amusing part.

That flow of socially/culturally conservative Latin American migrants into Texas would more than likely ensure the Texas remains "red" for the foreseeable future, longer than it would be under "normal" demographic circumstances.

Yes, but religious conservatism in this country is just a prop for white supremacy. There's a reason we specify "white evangelical" as though it were it's own thing compared to Latin American evangelicals when both Christian sects are largely the same with the latter just having better music.

People for some reason actually supplied very good write ups about the border here anyway, so it wasn’t even ignored, as off topic as it was. Not sure what answer works for general “what about the border” questions for someone raised on right wing propaganda.

Like what possible answer would satisfy when both stopping people from crossing the border is counted as a problem and letting people cross the border is counted as a problem? Perpetual limbo?

• Halal 1

Right wingers act like a majority of undocumented immigration are people playing red light, green light at the border as if it's a free for all. It's ridiculous. As usual, right wingers' ideas of most things are like as if everything works like it does in childrens' heads. Right wingers are basically Vincent Adultman from Bojack Horseman but more harmful and dumber.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Right wingers act like a majority of undocumented immigration are people playing red light, green light at the border as if it's a free for all. It's ridiculous. As usual, right wingers' ideas of most things are like as if everything works like it does in childrens' heads. Right wingers are basically Vincent Adultman from Bojack Horseman but more harmful and dumber.

The very idea that they send buses of immigrants to fucking New York of all places as if to say "let's see how THEY deal with immigrants!" when it's like... New York deals with far, far, far, far more illigal migrants than Texas. As you said, more immigrants come via plane than across the border. I don't see what the point is supposed to be.

"SeE hOw ThEy lIkE iMmIgRanTs!" and New York is like "bro... this is Tuesday."

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

The very idea that they send buses of immigrants to fucking New York of all places as if to say "let's see how THEY deal with immigrants!" when it's like... New York deals with far, far, far, far more illigal migrants than Texas. As you said, more immigrants come via plane than across the border. I don't see what the point is supposed to be.

Exactly. Like, what are right wingers imagining, Squid Game? Complex system of legal asylum seekers and undocumented immigrants and those who overstay their visas, etc. is much more than red light, green light. 

• Halal 1

47 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I know us lefties here in California have certainly never seen an immigrant before!

And yeah, if you really want an answer to the question of “what about the crisis at the border?” the answer is that the crisis consists of a non stop barrage of fear and xenophobia inducing propaganda that has no relevance to any regular working American used to constantly distract the country from addressing real problems and keep out potential workers from jobs we need help filling for no other reason than their skin color.

What to do about it? Find better sources for your news and information and examine things beyond click bait rhetoric. 

• Halal 1

Like... If you think about it for longer than two seconds, the idea of a border wall is fucking stupid if preventing illegal immigration is the goal.

Option A: pay some smuggler thousands of dollars to snuggle you and your family across the border in the middle of the night, risking death

Option B: just take a fucking bus for like $50

It's not like Mexicans aren't allowed to just... enter the country through a legal port of entry.

• Halal 2

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

Like... If you think about it for longer than two seconds, the idea of a border wall is fucking stupid if preventing illegal immigration is the goal.

Option A: pay some smuggler thousands of dollars to snuggle you and your family across the border in the middle of the night, risking death

It's not like Mexicans aren't allowed to just... enter the country through a legal port of entry.

These migrants aren't Mexicans - they're primarily from Central America.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

These migrants aren't Mexicans - they're primarily from Central America.

I know, was generalizing.

Point being, if preventing illegal immigration was actually a priority, preventing citizens of Nicaragua or wherever from entering the US would accomplish their goal far more efficiently than putting up a wall. But they won't actually suggest that, because "illegal immigration" is just a smoke screen

• Halal 3

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

You say that, but I grew up knowing a ton of people that were in the country illegally. Know how they all got in? Just saying they were visiting family for a week at Logan and JFK. So they can, like, also just fly in with any valid passport. Well, I also know some kids who came in with the wrong passports because who at customs actually pays attention to the difference between two different brown or black kids from a shitty passport picture taken when "they" were five?

23 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

You say that, but I grew up knowing a ton of people that were in the country illegally. Know how they all got in? Just saying they were visiting family for a week at Logan and JFK. So they can, like, also just fly in with any valid passport. Well, I also know some kids who came in with the wrong passports because who at customs actually pays attention to the difference between two different brown or black kids from a shitty passport picture taken when "they" were five?

I think you are making the same point as Fizzle, just using a different mode of transportation as the example :P

• Halal 1

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

I think you are making the same point as Fizzle, just using a different mode of transportation as the example :P

Now that you say that, I wonder how many come over by ferry. I'm not sure of any passenger trains coming in from the south, so that one night be tricky.

I think I need a big /s, just in case.