David Harbour IS Santa Clause ... ala John Wick (Merry Xmas Ya'll)

43 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Wait ... what?

John Leguizamo is in it. I was in the Mario thread and did a lot of outside research on that movie and they said after Mario Bros. both John Leguizamo and Bob Hoskins careers died after that movie. Looks like John is ok. :p

OK for a moment I thought David was doing voice acting for the new Mario movie or something (haven't scoped out that thread nor anything about the movie as I don't have any interest in it) but yeah, John Leguizamo has had a tremendous career in my opinion & it pleases me anytime I get to see him on screen.

1 minute ago, SoberChef said:

OK for a moment I thought David was doing voice acting for the new Mario movie or something (haven't scoped out that thread nor anything about the movie as I don't have any interest in it) but yeah, John Leguizamo has had a tremendous career in my opinion & it pleases me anytime I get to see him on screen.

I really haven't seen him in much but I guess I really don't see a lot of movies anymore.

David Harbour imo is an amazing actor and that's just basing it on his performances in Stranger Things. I think he is the best actor out of that entire series but I'm not sure that's saying much. 

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

John Leguizamo is in it. I was in the Mario thread and did a lot of outside research on that movie and they said after Mario Bros. both John Leguizamo and Bob Hoskins careers died after that movie. Looks like John is ok. :p

Mario may have killed his career but it was soon revived when he did The Pest.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Neither of their careers died after that movie, and John Leguizamo has had a great career since then. Super Mario Bros. did not help either of their careers, but it didn't end them either, just to confirm. 

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Neither of their careers died after that movie, and John Leguizamo has had a great career since then. Super Mario Bros. did not help either of their careers, but it didn't end them either, just to confirm. 

Thanks. Like I said, I'm so behind in movies that I didn't know if their careers were permanently damaged from Mario or not. Good to know it didn't.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, ort said:

It's Die Hard with Santa!

I mean, it's a great trailer... not sure if it will hold up for 2 hours, but I was much more amused by that than I was expecting. Is this gonna be R or PG-13?

EDIT: It is rated R

Being rated R is key for this so be funny imo. It does look pretty great.

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

For a kind of similar movie I also recommend Fatman with Mel Gibson and Walton Goggins, it's a pretty dark black comedy movie, my wife and I had a real good time. Also the Finnish film Rare Exports is also a pretty crazy Santa Claus film.

Don’t forget Krampus

• Halal 1

9 hours ago, ort said:

This is one of those annoying trailers that seems like it's actually the entire movie condensed into 2 minutes.

It might make for a compelling trailer, but it may also give away way too much.

It does give off the vibe of a College Humor/Funny or Die joke trailer. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ort said:

This is one of those annoying trailers that seems like it's actually the entire movie condensed into 2 minutes.

It might make for a compelling trailer, but it may also give away way too much.

I agree. It also feels like the kind of trailer that ends up being more compelling than the movie it's selling. Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case.

• 2 months later...