Update: Cachaça belly putsch going on at Brazilian Capitol

I wonder how many other Brazilian presidents have been just as corrupt as Lula and didn't get caught. I'm not making excuses for the guy, just honestly wondering. I know some Brazilians that hate Lula because of what they believe he did. They don't have the best choices there, but Bol had to go.

2 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Being ignorant of the broader politics of it all, does that proclamation really effect how people inside of Brazil will react?

It will give the Brazilian elites pause in their considerations whether to support any coup plans of Bolsonaro because they are effectively on notice that their assets in the United States and elsewhere will suddenly be made unavailable to them.

• Halal 1

From Vincent Bevins, the author of the FANTASTIC book The Jakarta Method which ALL of you should read:

After losing the election last night, Jair Bolsonaro apparently isolated himself in the presidential palace, refused to speak with his ministers, and went to bed. We haven't heard from him since.

Also, Bozo and his wife unfollowed each other on Instagram :p

• Haha 1

5OBEVU6PZH4IKQBRG7EJOHLOPM.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro emerged from his post-election silence Tuesday to thank supporters and his chief of staff said he had authorized him to begin a transition to President-elect Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva.

[Brazil] Atlético Mineiro ultras unblock roads that had been closed by supporters of President Jair Bolsonaro, who were calling for a military coup. They were preventing them from going to São Paulo to watch the Atlético match tonight. 

I love Latin America so much. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Bolsonaro neither concedes nor contests Lula's victory, authorizes transition process to begin
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:
3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

BRASILIA, Brazil (AP) — More than three weeks after losing a reelection bid, President Jair Bolsonaro on Tuesday blamed a software bug and demanded the...

Uh oh, Dark Brandon ain't gonna be happy when he finds out there's malarkey afoot. 

16 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Trump must have phoned him to offer advice.

”No, really, you can refuse to accept the result AND use it as a re-election platform.  No real consequences.  When you’re famous, they let you do it.” 

Except that a judge immediately denied bolsanoro, and I believe placed sanctions on him.

AMP.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Head of Brazil's electoral court rejects claim from outgoing president’s coalition that said voting machines malfunctioned

Yup. Massive fines, immediately.

• Sicko 1

• 1 month later...