2022 Midterm Thread

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

Is CCM still in good shape to win NV?  If so, that would be 50

From Ralston:

Bottom line: This first batch of 35K mail ballots shows a partisan breakdown that strongly favors CCM, and if the trend continues, she is going to win.

But miles to go before I can finally sleep, and we will know a LOT when Clark/Washoe post tonight.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Is CCM still in good shape to win NV?  If so, that would be 50

10% of the vote is still outstanding, and she's down by ~9000 votes.  There is a chance she overtakes Laxalt. 

Sisolak is probably going to lose though.  A very mixed bag overall in Nevada for the Democrats.  

Just now, mclumber1 said:

10% of the vote is still outstanding, and she's down by ~9000 votes.  There is a chance she overtakes Laxalt. 

Sisolak is probably going to lose though.  A very mixed bag overall in Nevada for the Democrats.  

Is it though? I think the Governor had some scandals, but keeping their house and senate seats, legislative majority, and winning that attorney general race against I believe an election denier is quite a showing since they probably could have kept the governors mansion had that dude stayed out of trouble.

AZ counties confirmed outstanding ballot estimate as of 12PM MST Nov. 11

State: 518,034

Apache 8,500

Cochise 8,662

Coconino 12,231

Gila 269

Graham 118

La Paz 1,972

Maricopa 353,885

Mohave 10,600

Pima 114,203

Pinal 16,281

Yavapai 12,458

Yuma 9,180

Ballots left to count in AZ, Obviously the big ones are Maricopa and Pima, Dems will gain in Pima by a lot, and then they need to keep the margins narrow in Maricopa.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

There's no reason any election (even using paper ballots) should take more than two to three hours to count and declare.

With mail in ballots, if they are postmarked by election day (but received after election day) throws a wrench in this.  But yeah, it's a bit embarrassing that it take this long.  More states need to use Florida's election methods, whatever they are, because they seem to work really efficiently. 

This is my former district, before being redistricted with the creation of OR-6. 

OR-5 was previously represented by 7 term blue dog Democrat Kurt Schrader, but he got primaried for a litany of reasons. Good flip for Republicans.

RIMB7P7ZCJCM3BJAKKIUKMNNLY.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

That means Republicans will at least double their share of Oregon’s seats in the U.S. House.

3 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

I don't know what voting looks like in other states, but all my votes in Illinois are a simple fill-in-the-bubble on a sheet and then you scan it into a machine. Seems like a simple and fast system.

From my understanding, the primary issue that most of the really slow states have is they don’t count the mail in stuff as it comes in. One of the major changes Florida, and now Georgia after 2020 did, was they count all pre-Election day stuff as it rolls through.

You still have to deal with late arrivals in tight races, but when you Nevada still with only 90% counted on Friday, they clearly have issues that need addressing beyond the to y issue of post e-Day arrivals that every state will always have to deal with.

The independent candidate McMullin in Utah exceeded expectations in my opinion.  Yeah, he lost to Mike Lee by 13 points, but compare it to prior Senate races in Utah:  The last time a Democrat faced off against the Republican running for Senate in that state, the margin was much wider, and you have to go back decades to see any Democrat winning or even coming close to winning in that very conservative state. 

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Just saw on CNN... Democrats won voters under 45, Republicans won voters over 45. Dems won Millenials by 8-9 points and won Gen Z'ers by 20 whole points :o What's even more shocking as that Gen X'ers went Republican! :shock: What the actual fuck?! Is it true you get dumber the older you get? How can I avoid this fate?!

We’ve known for a while that Gen X fucking blows.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Just saw on CNN... Democrats won voters under 45, Republicans won voters over 45. Dems won Millenials by 8-9 points and won Gen Z'ers by 20 whole points :o What's even more shocking as that Gen X'ers went Republican! :shock: What the actual fuck?! Is it true you get dumber the older you get? How can I avoid this fate?!

Dude, GenX is the most Republican generation.

19 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Hippies from the 60s and 70s are now reliable Republican voters.  It happens to every generation.  40 years from now, Generation bleepbloop will be blaming Gen Z'ers for Democratic losses.  

• Halal 1

35 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Hippies from the 60s and 70s are now reliable Republican voters.  It happens to every generation.  40 years from now, Generation bleepbloop will be blaming Gen Z'ers for Democratic losses.  

Those hippes were always conservatives they just didn’t want to die in Vietnam. 

nixon won the youth vote in 72