2022 Midterm Thread

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Fetterman is the first democrat in a long time to run on “fuck this guy” right off the bat instead of “my opponent is a good guy I disagree with” and Dems need to embrace there wholeheartedly

He went county to county and said “look you may not agree with my politics but this guy is a huge piece of shit”
and it worked perfectly

@fansince09

Agreed. Expose the fascist filth for the scum that they are. 

I also think there's something to his, "By January I'll be better [due to stroke], but Dr. Oz will still be fraud."

At the end of the day... if you're concerned with Oz being a snake oil salesman and concerned about Fetterman's health, one will get better and the other guy will always be a snake oil salesman.

• Halal 4

You're right, guys. My comments came directly from Dodger. I didn't think of any of it on my own. I have no thoughts and I'm extremely easy to be influenced by others. 

So in conclusion, blame Dodger for everything. I don't have a mind of my own. 

I think all you are wonderful people and are not snobs. Yes, you all are democrats and make a shit ton of money, but someone told me to write this because I couldn't think of this on my own.

The country has never been better with Biden as President and the economy and border issues are no big deal at all. Things will be great now! I can't wait to fill up my gas tank after work today for $6 a gallon. Then go shop at the grocery store and spend $500 on stuff that in the past would cost $100.

Things will continue to get better with Democrats taking over. I'm excited!

• Confused 2
  • Sicko 1

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You're right, guys. My comments came directly from Dodger. I didn't think of any of it on my own. I have no thoughts and I'm extremely easy to be influenced by others. 

I think all you are wonderful people and are not snobs. Yes, you all are democrats and make a shit ton of money, but someone told me to write this because I couldn't think of this on my own.

The country has never been better with Biden as President and the economy and border issues are no big deal at all. Things will be great now! I can't wait to fill up my gas tank after work today for $6 a gallon. Then go shop at the grocery store and spend $500 on stuff that in the past would cost $100.

Okay, let’s have a serious dialogue. Inflation is happening ALL OVER the world. Is that Biden’s fault?

Gas is expensive ALL OVER the world, is that ALSO Biden’s fault?

It’s not like there’s a war in Ukraine that was started by a psychopath that’s causing prices to skyrocket, or corporations making RECORD profits that aren’t price gouging right now.

Something to think about, no?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Can you point out any specific border issue? You've used this phrase before, but haven't clarified.

I’ve decided that if you don’t live right on the border of Texas, you can’t complain about the border. It’s asinine to do so otherwise. 

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I live pretty close to the border. There aren't any issues and Hispanic people are very friendly. I'd gladly bring in some more of then and throw Best over the fence.

I'm going to venture that there are probably significant contextual differences in the "border situation" between your location near San Diego and that of the Rio Grande Valley.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm going to venture that there are probably significant contextual differences in the "border situation" between your location near San Diego and that of the Rio Grande Valley.

Nah. Been there like a week ago. Place is sleepy af. Also everyone who lives there is Mexican, including border patrol. I have family there.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

And when someone does make it across they usually get caught, like dudes on jet skis, boats, or nice white guys smuggling them in who get off scott free while the people getting smuggled get the worst of it.

WIlsons-Plover-and-SpaceX-debris-by-Coas
WWW.BIRDWATCHINGDAILY.COM

Birds, other animals in danger due to a wildlife-harming SpaceX facility. Piping Plover, Red Knot, Northern Aplomado Falcon are threatened.

f_pxl_20201023_141713054_1.jpg?itok=j9GP
WWW.AUDUBON.ORG

An imminent FAA decision could send rockets over Georgia’s Cumberland Island National Seashore, while in Texas, coastal stewards are alarmed about the growing impacts of SpaceX’s mission to Mars.

28224243-0159be35-b24f-4e0f-a4f3-a12c5cd
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

In 2022, Telsa billionaire began voting Republican

spacex_jim-watson-getty-scaled.jpg
INSIDECLIMATENEWS.ORG

One day last month, Juan Mancias, the chief of the Carrizo Comecrudo tribe of Texas, and two companions headed to Boca Chica village, a bayside community in Cameron County, at the southernmost tip...

Screen%20Shot%202022-09-11%20at%2011.24.
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Fire at Spacex’s Boca Chica testing facility sparks large grass fire on protected reserve

• Guillotine 1
  • Halal 1

8 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Also I was born there. My parents live there now. 🤷‍♂️ All that crisis shit looks like fake ass drama to me. 

You want to know what IS fucking up RGV?? Elon fucking Musk. 

Oh no way, I lived in Brownsville for a handful of years in the 90s. Good times 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Comet said:

Oh no way, I lived in Brownsville for a handful of years in the 90s. Good times 

Yeah I was born in Brownsville, where Elon is shitting everywhere. My grandmother lived there, my aunts, cousins, parents are all in McAllen (they got tired of hurricanes) - the others are in Reynosa through Monterrey. Then you have to hop all the way to Mexico City, SLP, Tampico for the rest of my family.

I also have family who is border patrol, but I wouldn't trust their opinion for a second. People compartmentalize issues in order to survive and some of their opinions/views only work because they omit broader context, when you bring the context in it's like "yeah yeah everything is fucked you're right- let's have another beer!" they can't make the direct connections for their sanity/need to keep living. At the end of the day, "it's just a really well paying job with benefits" that people respect.

PS they laughed their asses  off when I texted them this.

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Dave Wasserman with more good news:

After last night's NV mail ballot trend, excellent chance now that Dems will have 50 Senate seats/control in hand heading into the GA runoff.

Great news. I’m hoping somehow it goes at least 51/49 into the GA runoff, so a Warnock win cancels out both Sinema and Manchin

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Great news. I’m hoping somehow it goes at least 51/49 into the GA runoff, so a Warnock win cancels out both Sinema and Manchin

I also hope if Democrats are guaranteed to keep the Senate that people are still motivated as hell to keep Warnock and keep Walker out. Many Dems in GA seem to genuinely like Warnock as he's not simply a "not Walker" vote.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

I also hope if Democrats are guaranteed to keep the Senate that people are still motivated as hell to keep Warnock and keep Walker out. Many Dems in GA seem to genuinely like Warnock as he's not simply a "not Walker" vote.

It’s maddening how many people voted for Walker tbh

• Halal 1

28 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Dave Wasserman with more good news:

After last night's NV mail ballot trend, excellent chance now that Dems will have 50 Senate seats/control in hand heading into the GA runoff.

Where are you guys seeing the updates for AZ and NV?  I keep checking the NYT tracker, and it has barely budged since Tuesday.  I know mail-in voting takes a while to count, but still.

Just now, marioandsonic said:

Where are you guys seeing the updates for AZ and NV?  I keep checking the NYT tracker, and it has barely budged since Tuesday.  I know main-in voting takes a while to count, but still.

Ralston is the man when it comes to Nevada. It's one of the states where looking at who's voting early really will help you figure out election day based on whatever election laws they have on the books. 

AZ has been sparser with good people to follow.