2022 Midterm Thread

31 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

When does counting resume?  AZ and NV still haven't declared a Senate winner.

It would be nice to not have to worry about the GA runoff for the Dems to hold the Senate.

I think they start 9 am MT so it should start again in another 1 hour 15 minutes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, outsida said:

Are PS5s findable?

I don't know. I can take donations and find it myself instead if one of these sexy big spenders can't find one.

1 minute ago, Subzwari1987 said:

Only if you send me lunch and dinner for a week

I can send you 10 bucks for a 20 pound bag of "Great Value Long Grain Enriched Rice" in exchange for a PS5.

10 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I used to be "moderately conservative" when I was younger, but the older I got, the more I realized how goddamned repulsively unfair practically EVERYTHING about American society is.  Every Goddamned Thing.

Like you, the older I got and the more financially stable I became, the more my own personal politics drifted to the left.  I don't even recognize the person that I was in my 20s and early 30s at all now.

Shit I used to be a registered republican lol

now I’m about as left and progressive as you’re gonna find in this nation.

11 minutes ago, outsida said:

Are PS5s findable?

My brother hit me up last week about a PS5. I went to Sony and they had stock so I bought one for him. Seems like you can only find a PS5 in a bundle though. 

DIRECT.PLAYSTATION.COM

Buy PS5 consoles, accessories, and games directly from PlayStation. Shop for the DualSense wireless controller and PS5 games like Demon's...

yea still have stock. Got the GoW2 bundle available 

1 minute ago, Brian said:

Seems like you can only find a PS5 in a bundle though. 

Oh, that's even better as I do want God of War: Ragnarok as well!

DIRECT.PLAYSTATION.COM

Buy PS5™ Console – God of War™ Ragnarök Bundle and embark on an epic and heartfelt journey alongside Kratos and Atreus.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Oh, that's even better as I do want God of War: Ragnarok as well!

DIRECT.PLAYSTATION.COM

Buy PS5™ Console – God of War™ Ragnarök Bundle and embark on an epic and heartfelt journey alongside Kratos and Atreus.

Have to actually buy before they confirm

pfft 

25 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

How dare you.

(Chipotle’s hot sauce is HOT)

I had the Chicken protein bowl from Qdoba a few days ago and it was the blandest smallest $10 bowl I've ever had. I ended up adding my own guac, green taco sauce, peppers, and cheese to make it edible. 

Just now, stepee said:

jeeze, Dodger makes that six figure “dig” at the politics of this board and nobody says anything, best says it literally only because he saw Dodger say it and is easily influenced and you guys go off lol

Wait, didn’t I respond to that!?

• True 1

Just now, stepee said:

jeeze, Dodger makes that six figure “dig” at the politics of this board and nobody says anything, best says it literally only because he saw Dodger say it and is easily influenced and you guys go off lol

I thought about responding to Dodger, too, but I just wasn’t in the mood that particular moment.

They both dumb for saying it, though. 

• True 2

32 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I make six figures and I WOULD GLADLY have FAR MORE of that income taken from me in taxes to go towards social programs to ensure a decent, proper social safety net for those less fortunate than myself as well as ensuring that their tax burden is reduced as well.

Yeah, that makes me snob, huh?

Same. In fact because of these social programs (primary through bachelors education, subsidized USDA housing, food and cash assistance; all from when I was underage and living with my mom) I've been able to pay the 'investment' by the State several times over.

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

I got annoyed because Best is struggling and the democrats are trying to institute policies that would directly help his life (affordable healthcare, mental health policies, affordable housing, etc).  Instead of seeing that, he is spouting nonsense at us. The same people who are willing to do what we can to help improve his life. It’s a bit maddening 

• Like 2
  • True 5
  • Halal 1

19 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I used to be "moderately conservative" when I was younger, but the older I got, the more I realized how goddamned repulsively unfair practically EVERYTHING about American society is.  Every Goddamned Thing.

Like you, the older I got and the more financially stable I became, the more my own personal politics drifted to the left.  I don't even recognize the person that I was in my 20s and early 30s at all now.

This is exactly me. I was conservative in younger years (when I was piss broke, mind you). As I got older and actually started to pay attention, I realized that the "American Dream" was fucking bullshit for a significant portion of the population. Now in my mid 40s, I make 6 figures and have shifted left. Id rather my taxes go to helping those less fortunate than me. 

Aside from that, after what I witnessed on Jan 6th and how the republicans rallied behind Trump even after that day... I can never vote Republican again. The image of the fucking confederate flag being flown thru the halls of our Capitol will haunt me forever. Fuck the GOP. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 5

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

The difference is Dodgers posted it on a board that it didn't really matter. Best did it here on the board with all the smart people who's option and expertise he respects.

• Halal 1

49 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I make six figures and I WOULD GLADLY have FAR MORE of that income taken from me in taxes to go towards social programs to ensure a decent, proper social safety net for those less fortunate than myself as well as ensuring that their tax burden is reduced as well.

Yeah, that makes me snob, huh?

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Titus Burgess GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, outsida said:

Are PS5s findable?

absolutely. I got one for my neighbor on monday direct from Sony and its arriving today. :mdancing:

Follow wario64 on twitter. turn on all notifications. he will announce when PS5 drops are happening. Make sure youre logged in with an account to all the major retailers and have your CC on file (or use apple pay if on iphone). if youre fast, youll get one. i had no issue on monday. 

i honestly never cared about politics until the dumb orange idiot and i saw that holy fuck people are stupid.  plus the fact that my dad has been rotted by fox news and hes not a good person in general and saw how he slowly started turning my mom with fox news bullshit before she died.  so i basically said nope definitely not becoming that.  plus i grew up in the punk scene so i always hated politics / govt  :p 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1