2022 Midterm Thread

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I honestly don't care about politics in general. Speaking about anything I would want to say in here would just get trashed.

This board is 100% democratic and everyone here makes 6 figures. A bunch of rich snobs really. 

Not really. Just repeating MAGA talking points isn’t going to get you anywhere here. 

@mclumber1 isn’t a Democrat, for instance. 

• True 2

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I honestly don't care about politics in general. Speaking about anything I would want to say in here would just get trashed.

This board is 100% democratic and everyone here makes 6 figures. A bunch of rich snobs really. 

I'm homeless and just roam around stealing wifi

Checkmate

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

There are people on this board who are wealthy, and some who are barely scraping by. Most are Democrat (or international equivalent), but not all. If you can't defend your own political opinions, then it's best not to take part in conversation.

• Like 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I mean if it’s maga trash yea.

two things though:

six figures isn’t rich, I’m not rich until my dividends pay me more than my annual earned income. 

im a democrat because I have nowhere to go.

Snob though, I’ve been in public service since I was 17, grew up in a literal trailer my friend. I distinctly remember eating rice and ground beef for every meal. I’m successful because I lived the neo liberal Bs. I enlisted, went to a jc, then a state school, then a prestigious one.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Seriously, the Democrats nominated Charlie "Four Times A Loser" Crist - what the hell did they expect would happen?!?

The entire goddamned Florida Democratic Party should be hurled into Biscayne Bay.

To be fair, if desantis follows through with some of his claims it’s decently progressive 

no state taxes on certain childhood goods etc.

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Man, I WISH I made six figures. I work in a grocery store for health benefits and do digital painting and film production on the side because it makes me happy.

Maybe TRY getting to know some of the people you post about. Rich snob? My dude, I made a pizza for dinner using a pre-made Bobili crust last night. I go to Qdoba for burritos because they don’t charge for guacamole.

• Like 2
  • Halal 2
  • Hugs 2

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Rich snobs is code for Republicans bud. I don’t mind paying my taxes to support public programs that help people. I support all rights (trans, gay, abortion, voting, etc) and the fight against climate change. Basically, I support the party that wants everyone to live a good life on this beautiful planet. Currently that’s the Democrats though they can do way more to help people. 

• Like 5
  • Halal 2
  • Hugs 4

5 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Snob though, I’ve been in public service since I was 17, grew up in a literal trailer my friend. I distinctly remember eating rice and ground beef for every meal. I’m successful because I lived the neo liberal Bs. I enlisted, went to a jc, then a state school, then a prestigious one.

Ah, fellow trailer trash! :hug:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I was a Democrat when I was a single guy making a fraction of what I make today as a married father to 3....still not a Republican.

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Man, I WISH I made six figures. I work in a grocery store for health benefits and do digital painting and film production on the side because it makes me happy.

Maybe TRY getting to know some of the people you post about. Rich snob? My dude, I made a pizza for dinner using a pre-made Bobili crust last night. I go to Qdoba for burritos because they don’t charge for guacamole.

Wait, Qdoba has free guac?  Sucks that there’s none within an hour of me.

• Halal 1

I make six figures and I WOULD GLADLY have FAR MORE of that income taken from me in taxes to go towards social programs to ensure a decent, proper social safety net for those less fortunate than myself as well as ensuring that their tax burden is reduced as well.

Yeah, that makes me snob, huh?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 4
  • Hugs 6

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I make six figures and I WOULD GLADLY have FAR MORE of that income taken from me in taxes to go towards social programs to ensure a decent, proper social safety net for those less fortunate than myself as well as ensuring that their tax burden is reduced as well.

Yeah, that makes me snob, huh?

As I’ve gotten older and way more financially stable I’ve become a classical Marxist.

I’ll never forget leaving a Xmas tree farm here a few years ago, on an old military base in the bay, and passing a two mile, at least,  long line of cars for the local food bank. One of the richest places on this planet, in the supposed greatest nation in earth, can’t even provide the basics for its citizens.

That’s where I became a full blown classical Marxist.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm in the military, my man. I don't make six figures. And fuck the GOP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

12 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

As I’ve gotten older and way more financially stable I’ve become a classical Marxist.

I’ll never forget leaving a Xmas tree farm here a few years ago, on an old military base in the bay, and passing a two mile, at least,  long line of cars for the local food bank. One of the richest places on this planet, in the supposed greatest nation in earth, can’t even provide the basics for its citizens.

That’s where I became a full blown classical Marxist.

I used to be "moderately conservative" when I was younger, but the older I got, the more I realized how goddamned repulsively unfair practically EVERYTHING about American society is.  Every Goddamned Thing.

Like you, the older I got and the more financially stable I became, the more my own personal politics drifted to the left.  I don't even recognize the person that I was in my 20s and early 30s at all now.

• Like 2
  • Halal 3