The Game Awards Scheduled for December 8, 2022 - 7:30 ET / 4:30 PT

Keyser_Soze

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

What a lame arrest like I know they will attach a law to it but they literally just arrested him for being a little stinker. Like lol. And Geoff being all like yeah we got him is ew.

better than security beating his ass 

• True 1

29 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Well that about does it for the Sonys... I mean Game Awards.

Seriously, Microsoft... we already knew you weren't going to receive any awards, but damn, you could've announced something.

At least most of the games that piqued my interest were multiplats. But wow, all the podcasts are going to be talking about tomorrow is how MS was completely absent from the entire show. Not even a teaser.

It might have been a strategy so the can talk about how Sony has so many exclusive and the need ActiBlizzion to compete.

22 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This video goes right to the spot where he gets up with them to go on stage:

Man when you know what's going to happen, it's so obvious that he doesn't belong there. But in the moment, I totally overlooked him. Kudos, sir. :rofl:

5 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

It might have been a strategy so the can talk about how Sony has so many exclusive and the need ActiBlizzion to compete.

The optics of not having anything to show at the awards is far more damaging in the eyes of their core audience (and those gamers who might have a Series S or X under the tree) than anything the FTC might have gleamed from it. We all know by now they don't follow any of this or they'd already know how batshit crazy Sony's claims are.

• Halal 1

I have to wonder if security didn't move on the kid sooner because they didn't want to potentially make a scene while the acceptance speech was happening.

More than likely though no one noticed since he just quietly walked up with them. Little shit used the whole "just look like you belong and walk in" trick.

Just lucky all he did was interrupt the speech at the end, and not something worse...

While I get that technically MS should start dropping regular big releases any day now, spending an entire decade telling people that you just need time and the big first party game factory is going to get rolling, will lead people to be pretty hesitant to believe until it happens.

Hopefully Red Fall and Starfield deliver next year but after that, right now, it’s still sort of just assuming that they have all these studios now so games have to start coming out. We know Everwild got rebooted and is a lonnnng way out, who knows what else could be slipping. I hope Hellblade 2 is going okay, apparently that was a lot earlier than they made it seem and we haven’t heard about it for awhile.

Maybe everything is fine and MS is about to start finally having regular years of new quality AAA first party releases for the first time since the 360 era. It definitely should be possible. But the point is that hasn’t been a safe thing to assume for a very long time, so them going dark here isn’t a great look.

Until proven otherwise, if regulators (mount up) really want to look at unfair competitive advantages between platform holders, they should look at Sony’s monopoly of competent studio management.

I know gamers love to pick a “winner” for each show, constantly debate who is doing better, but I just can’t bring myself to care about any of it. I don’t really need to see anything from Microsoft other than what’s coming to Game Pass next. I don’t need more CG trailers telling me the name of something I might be able to play in the next year.