MCU Phases 5 and 6 announced. Fantastic 4. Thunderbolts. Captain America 4. Avengers: The Kang Dynasty. Avengers: Secret Wars. And more!

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I have no fucking idea how they’re going to “do” Thunderbolts or if they’re even going to try. 

They've already set up the seeds of Thunderbolts to be honest. Julia Louis Dreyfus as the leader, John Walker, Ghost and Zemo are already established and could be members. Throw in Agatha and a couple of others and you have the team.

No mention of X-men yet besides the cartoon.  :hmm:

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

They still saving some stuff for D23.

I know and it's only 6 weeks away. Just wondering how they'll introduce them and how many movies they'll be a focal point of. Given that Secret Wars is phase 6 you'd figure they'd have to introduce them unless they are going to really rework secret wars and not include them 

29 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

no mutants until phase 7  :( 

There are 8 spots in Phase 6 that have no titles, plenty more to be revealed. Or did they specifically announce no Mutant stuff?

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I don't have a lot of experience with Marvel comics. So I just read the wiki page for Avengers The Kang Dynasty.......Now I'm more lost on what this movie is going to be about:epilepsy:. Are the comics usually similar to movies that have been made or do they change a lot? 

They change a bit... the comics tend to "Inspire" the movies. They're not literal translations. As far as mutant stuff, we know Deadpool 3 is coming

2 hours ago, Brick said:

How is Daredevil going to be 18 episodes?! Are they going to be 20 minutes each? A low budget show? Is this the first attempt for Disney+ to do a network television length show but on streaming? 

A buddy of mine met with Marvel to be a writer on this show. He couldn't tell me much and swore me to secrecy buy it ain't gonna be low budget OR 20 minutes I can tell you that.

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I don't have a lot of experience with Marvel comics. So I just read the wiki page for Avengers The Kang Dynasty.......Now I'm more lost on what this movie is going to be about:epilepsy:. Are the comics usually similar to movies that have been made or do they change a lot? 

The movies very much remind me of reading comics 

12 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They've already set up the seeds of Thunderbolts to be honest. Julia Louis Dreyfus as the leader, John Walker, Ghost and Zemo are already established and could be members. Throw in Agatha and a couple of others and you have the team.

That's true! I just don't know that any of those characters have enough juice. I'll be interested to see if they try a swerve at all.

9 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

Generally speaking, I think this is all too goddamn much, but yeah, I'll watch Born Again at a minimum. Ya got me, Marvel.

Now that Marvel is chainsmoking the shows and movies, it's clear that the MCU just is "comics" at this point. It's not reasonable to expect everyone to watch / read everything.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

That's true! I just don't know that any of those characters have enough juice. I'll be interested to see if they try a swerve at all.

All of the characters I named were members of the Thunderbolts in the comics so it makes sense that they would be on the team since they are already established in the movies. As far as "juice" is concerned... when has Marvel let that stop them? People forget that characters that are household names now... Thanos, Ant Man, Dr Strange The Guardians of The Galaxy were unheard of 10 years ago. If you want a more recognizable Thunderbolt member on the team just make Hawkeye the leader along with Black Widow's sister. Boom there you go. Hawkeye has also been a member of the team in the comics as well.

Agreed about them treating the movies and shows as comics at this point. They're all part of a huge world just like the comics and you can pick up and watch whichever ones you give a shit about. Ignore what you don't.

50 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Lies 

Nope.

Aside from Loki, I've watched no other D+ marvel show and after that ending I was disgusted enough to not watch anything that would come after. I don't even know what half that shit on the menu is. I don't know shit about Secret Invasion, Echo, The Marvels, Ironheart, Thunderbolts, or Agatha. Haven't watched the Falcon/Winter Soldier show, and I've never seen the old Blade movies. The only post endgame movies I have watched are spiderman I believe. 

Only thing Mahvel has to offer me is more Daredevil. 

13 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Nope.

Aside from Loki, I've watched no other D+ marvel show and after that ending I was disgusted enough to not watch anything that would come after. I don't even know what half that shit on the menu is. I don't know shit about Secret Invasion, Echo, The Marvels, Ironheart, Thunderbolts, or Agatha. Haven't watched the Falcon/Winter Soldier show, and I've never seen the old Blade movies. The only post endgame movies I have watched are spiderman I believe. 

Only thing Mahvel has to offer me is more Daredevil. 

Sarcastic Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Two Avengers movies in the same calendar year is strange. Must suck for the Russo brothers too as they wanted to do Secret Wars, but they won't be directing either of the new Avengers movies. 

Don't count them out yet. I know Kevin said they weren't attached to the secret wars project...but then again I don't think ANY directors are attached at this point 

• True 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

All of the characters I named were members of the Thunderbolts in the comics so it makes sense that they would be on the team since they are already established in the movies. As far as "juice" is concerned... when has Marvel let that stop them? People forget that characters that are household names now... Thanos, Ant Man, Dr Strange The Guardians of The Galaxy were unheard of 10 years ago. If you want a more recognizable Thunderbolt member on the team just make Hawkeye the leader along with Black Widow's sister. Boom there you go. Hawkeye has also been a member of the team in the comics as well.

Agreed about them treating the movies and shows as comics at this point. They're all part of a huge world just like the comics and you can pick up and watch whichever ones you give a shit about. Ignore what you don't.

Oh yeah, I don't mean enough juice to care about them broadly, I just meant that assuming we don't see USAgent / Zemo again until Thunderbolts, it'll have been 2.5 years since they've shown up and i don't know if a Thunderbolts style swerve would work. A lot of "ifs," including the notion that they'll try the comic trick in the movie at all.

Also I just realized that the whole time Secret Wars has been talked about, I've been assuming they meant Secret Invasion for like... no reason. :|