Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

15 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Most doors are locked from my experience. Sure you can bust and shoot them open realistically, but realistically that's hard to do without alerting the fuzz.

In any case, my example is for a fantasy game. While I did mention GTA, I meant medieval cities. Which wouldn't have situations that require such freedom. I mean, I want as many houses and buildings to be open as possible, but I feel there is a reasonable amount of open buildings that isn't "all" in a game where one city is the entire size of DD2.

I mean I’m not dead set on all, I just meant like a lot of them too. I just gave that “all” example because I’m high and it’s what I thought of. I mainly mean not bullshit like CP77. It’s hard for a city to feel lived in and real if you can’t go inside any of the shops and stuff. Yakuza is an example that does it okay. That kind of size with Yakuza ratio of explorable buildings and that’s fine. Or even something like Skyrim

has a good ratio.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I had the same issue tryign to go back up the stairs the way I came but he just hung out downstairs in the prison waiting for me.

Because there's another way out that is easier. Leads right out to the slums where the church is. It's the "back way".

• True 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean I’m not dead set on all, I just meant like a lot of them too. I just gave that “all” example because I’m high and it’s what I thought of. I mainly mean not bullshit like CP77. It’s hard for a city to feel lived in and real if you can’t go inside any of the shops and stuff. Yakuza is an example that does it okay. That kind of size with Yakuza ratio of explorable buildings and that’s fine. Or even something like Skyrim

has a good ratio.

Yeah, CP77 is terrible in that regard.

4 minutes ago, nublood said:

Are we still having fun with this?

Yeah. I think my review score will surprise some people when I get around to it. Tho it is easily the most common score that I hand out.

6 minutes ago, nublood said:

Are we still having fun with this? It’s kinda turned into a walking simulator for me. I might need a break, idk. 

I took a small break because I was getting kinda bored with the repetition. But today I had a lot of fun so I'm still interested and will beat it. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah. I think my review score will surprise some people when I get around to it. Tho it is easily the most common score that I hand out.

Guaranteed 7/10 from you. Right now it's sitting at an 8/10 for me. This was definitely not as good as I'd imagined. But still a very cool game. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I don’t know how it can be a walking simulator when you can’t go more than ten feet without some sort of combat encounter.

The game would be so much better if there were less enemies. Just let me wander and explore without fighting every fucking 20 yards. 

• Halal 1

So I was doing that quest involving the beggar, and then when he moves I get to the slums and suddenly there are like 3 more quests to do and they all stop me while I'm trying to trail the guy. Luckily he didn't go far, but after that he runs off and I'm tailing him pretty well but I see someone running into a wall so I think he glitched out but it was some other NPC that looks like him so I lost the guy. :(

Then I decided to do some of the quests that stopped me and then found even more quest after that! Something about a dullahan, I'm going to get to see a headless horseman now? :o

Also @Mr.Vic20 I discovered if you fight skeletons and when they're just a skull you can push Y to stomp their skulls :skull:

• Halal 1

I was finding the quests to be a bit sparse and just started trying to open up more of the west part of the map… that helped a lot once you get to the checkpoint town. Did a really cool fight at night vs a ghost like boss with a few health bars. 

This game is holding my attention as well as anything has since ER. 

• Hype 1

22 hours ago, nublood said:

Are we still having fun with this? It’s kinda turned into a walking simulator for me. I might need a break, idk. 

Kinda in the same boat honestly. I think I'm about to focus on story for a while and see if it changes

This was a problem in DD1, but I hate not knowing which caves are quest-related. Cuz, it sucks to explore a cave and then have to go back to said cave to enter one room that was locked because you weren't on the quest. Like, just let that part of the quest be marked as completed if it is a "find item" or "kill monster" quest. There are also bugs if you clear out a cave but you were supposed to clear out the cave during a quest like with the cave in Harve. It can mess up the quest to rescue an NPC cuz there are now no monsters in the cave and it messes up an interaction with another character.

ugh, a massive waste of money to buy weapons from the normal merchants in Bakbattal. Awaran's Arms and Bodas's Armory.

There is a quest to unlock a FAR better gear from Brokkr's Smithy. Shit is basically is a scam. 

Found my first chimera in a cave and fucking wrecked it. My thief is almost to level 10 but I kinda don’t want to bother with anything else. But it’s probably smart to not waste your job so til you’ve maxed everything out. Guess I’ll try warrior since I have a couple decent weapons for it

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

ugh, a massive waste of money to buy weapons from the normal merchants in Bakbattal. Awaran's Arms and Bodas's Armory.

There is a quest to unlock a FAR better gear from Brokkr's Smithy. Shit is basically is a scam. 

OK this is kinda false. You have to majorly leave Battahl and head to a whole other area. If you stay where the story takes you the armor and weapons are good and not a scam. It's actually a pretty big task to finish that quest before the story takes you there.