Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

6 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

The stealth, if you can even call it that, is just objectively bad imo. It doesn’t give you enough information and it doesn’t react consistently and it doesn’t give you any feedback on why something worked one day and not the next.

The stealth isn't great but also, there isn't much of it. But I would say guards or whoever are blind as bats. You can dance in front of an oncoming person who's like 5 feet in front of you and they won't see you and they have no peripheral vision. The hard part of that mission for me was finding the right cell. I found the prisoner who tells you were to find that medallion, but got thrown in jail because I was talking to him from the outside then found a bunch of empty cells before I found the guy. :p

As for being unclear of a "place with books" I thought it was a great ah ha moment because I hadn't done the thing for the girl yet, and then I was like oh this is the place with the books, and it couldn't have been any other place so I wasn't really that confused.

And the guy easily followed me out because guards can't see anything, I don't think they care if they can see the NPC escaping or not either. Just run and he'll come. :p

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: over 2.5 million units sold

@Keyser_Soze

I’m not explaining myself very well.

I knew the place with the books was what I needed to find and I knew I had found it. I just didn’t know if the game realized I found it if that makes sense, so that I could trigger the next part. 

As for the prisoner I am telling you guys he did not follow lol. He wasn’t moving slow and I wasn’t doing anything weird. He was completely stationary for several minutes at a time. I tried using the d pad commands and all that. The man was not moving. 

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I knew the place with the books was what I needed to find and I knew I had found it. I just didn’t know if the game realized I found it if that makes sense, so that I could trigger the next part.

I mean I understand. I felt somewhat the same way but I figured I would talk to the guy. I do believe if you look at your quests it is a pretty good indicator of what you've gotten done in a nice checklist.

As for the guy not following you I get that too. Sometimes my pawn will get stuck in place and usually they get their shit straight if I pick them up and put them down. :p

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

@Keyser_Soze

I’m not explaining myself very well.

As for the prisoner I am telling you guys he did not follow lol. He wasn’t moving slow and I wasn’t doing anything weird. He was completely stationary for several minutes at a time. I tried using the d pad commands and all that. The man was not moving. 

Nathalie Emmanuel GIF by The Roku Channel

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I mean I understand. I felt somewhat the same way but I figured I would talk to the guy. I do believe if you look at your quests it is a pretty good indicator of what you've gotten done in a nice checklist.

As for the guy not following you I get that too. Sometimes my pawn will get stuck in place and usually they get their shit straight if I pick them up and put them down. :p

Some of my favorite moments in the game have been me telling my pawn to go somewhere to like float up and get a chest or something, he's like oh yeah yeah yeah I got you, he floats up misses the ledge and falls to his death. So maybe I can't have it both ways. 

• Haha 1

Fun tale: Last night my 3 pawns were all following me as they do, when I turned an noticed that they had red eyes! The PLAGUE! So I did what any good master would do, I picked each one up in turn and hurdled them off a near by cliff. The last one said, "Did I do something wrong Arisen?!" You were to beautiful for life my friend, I whispered into his trusting loyal ear and then lofted him to his water doom... :sun:

• Haha 3
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I don't get knocked down often at all. I'm level 31 close to beating this. 

Huh, odd. I was constantly getting rolled as a fighter, but not so much as a warrior, must be me! :p

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

Fun tale: Last night my 3 pawn were all following me as they do, when I turned an noticed that they had red eyes! The PLAGUE! So I did what any good master would do, I picked each one up in turn and hurdled them off a near by cliff. The last one said, "Did I do something wrong Arisen?!" You were to beautiful for life my friend, I whispered into his trusting loyal ear and then lofted him to his water doom... :sun:

This is fuckin hilarious 🤣 

• Halal 1

Just now, Paperclyp said:

I maxed fighter last night and I'm playing around with the mystic whatever. Jedi class basically. I like it. I think I want to try archer too. 

Archer feels the best too me, even more so then the magical archer. All the kids laugh at me though and I look dumb in my robin hood hat. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Archer feels the best too me, even more so then the magical archer. All the kids laugh at me though and I look dumb in my robin hood hat. 

I saw some archer hate but I think it's one of the cooler classes. It was really fun to play in 1. 

• Hype 1

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I saw some archer hate but I think it's one of the cooler classes. It was really fun to play in 1. 

For my money, its just the most fun to play. Not the most durable, but is a range fighter so who cares. Can handle air based enemies easily, which greatly reduces the annoyance of getting double teamed by air and land enemies simultaneously. For close quarters combat, your archer has a kick attack and its actually pretty powerful and often stuns enemies or knocks them down, which is great for leapers and rushers. Everything I've just described are basic functions o the class, not special skills or an ultimate. Add a mage, sorcerer and a warrior and you'll be dropping drakes with no issues. 

28 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Don’t know. I haven’t tried fighter. But Warrior is a damn tank. 

I maxed out fighter so maybe I'll try something else. Or on another run through which I see myself doing. 

I haven't gone back to it but I think the problem with the Archer class is that at the very beginning of the game with like no levels, no skills in the class yet, and basic equipment it does in fact suck donkey dick. But later once you have some levels, level up the class, and some decent gear sounds like it gets a lot better. 

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I haven't gone back to it but I think the problem with the Archer class is that at the very beginning of the game with like no levels, no skills in the class yet, and basic equipment it does in fact suck donkey dick. But later once you have some levels, level up the class, and some decent gear sounds like it gets a lot better. 

I had a similar thought as I probably had a much better experience than most because I had the levels, the money, and the teleportation ability to jump around, get he best gear for the class, an d level all that gear up pretty quickly. 

Which class has is the fastest in combat? I like this type of game for the world, but I also dislike how slow the fighting movements are, usually. I will often choose a rogue-type class for this reason, as the combat responsiveness is fast. Any advice is appreciated!

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Which class has is the fastest in combat? I like this type of game for the world, but I also dislike how slow the fighting movements are, usually. I will often choose a rogue-type class for this reason, as the combat responsiveness is fast. Any advice is appreciated!

Thief is the fastest by far.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Thief is fast but kinda weak taking any type of hit in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

I got kinda bored today and just shut it off lol. I like story driven games and always fighting monsters gets old to me. That's why I advanced the story as much as possible and I'm much further than you guys.