Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I ran into one of those "aha" moments the other day, in regard to mechanic information, although it was kind of spelled out.

I don't know if you have done the quest int he slums regarding the church, but one of the NPCs tells you how to arrest someone, so when I got to the end of the quest I was looking all around the city to get the person arrested, and then I looked it up (so I guess more of an aha after the fact) and yeah it was basically what the guy told you. It doesn't tell you in the quest notes how to do it, which is why I was a bit lost. But it was fun ultimately doing what the NPC said and it actually working. :p

I actually literally just did that quest if you're talking about arresting the guy 

Spoiler

as she's doing the morning prayers. 

And yes I trouble even triggering the part where you can arrest him. Cuz it's like come back and she'll be doing her thing and protect her. But there's another bit that you had to trigger. 

5 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I actually literally just did that quest if you're talking about arresting the guy 

Hide contents

as she's doing the morning prayers. 

And yes I trouble even triggering the part where you can arrest him. Cuz it's like come back and she'll be doing her thing and protect her. But there's another bit that you had to trigger. 

Hmm well if you finished it, it didn't go down that way for me. If we are talking the same quest.

Spoiler
Spoiler

You're supposed to go down there and find evidence, you bring evidence to the guy in the bed and then you find the medicine later. Then you take that medicine to a doctor in the checkpoint rest town (this is difficult because the item only says "a doctor should check it" not where to find the doctor) then the doctor looks at it and you have enough evidence and when you come back she's just in front of the door and you can arrest her there. At least that's where she was for me.

I didn't arrest a "him" :thinking:

But that's another thing I enjoy about the game, just how many outcomes can happen from a quest. There's another one like that regarding the beggar.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Hmm well if you finished it, it didn't go down that way for me. If we are talking the same quest.

Hide contents

You're supposed to go down there and find evidence, you bring evidence to the guy in the bed and then you find the medicine later. Then you take that medicine to a doctor in the checkpoint rest town (this is difficult because the item only says "a doctor should check it" not where to find the doctor) then the doctor looks at it and you have enough evidence and when you come back she's just in front of the door and you can arrest her there. At least that's where she was for me.
I didn't arrest a "him" :thinking:

But that's another thing I enjoy about the game, just how many outcomes can happen from a quest. There's another one like that regarding the beggar.

Oop nope we're talking about different quests lol. 

I keep getting pawns who are way too powerful. I’ve had two quests that demand I kill a large enemy but take my time, and my sorcerer takes like a 4 bar enemy down with one large spell lol. I have to switch them out for weaklings to enjoy combat.  

I've had no issues with quests in this game. In fact I have very little issue with this game except for a little bit of repetitive combat but that easily fixable by advancing the story.

A solid 8/10 game. 

8 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I keep getting pawns who are way too powerful. I’ve had two quests that demand I kill a large enemy but take my time, and my sorcerer takes like a 4 bar enemy down with one large spell lol. I have to switch them out for weaklings to enjoy combat.  

Look at their skills before you hire them. You might be getting cheater pawns.

Like if you're level 15 looking at level 15 pawns and they are all max vocation with crazy endgame gear, they might not be legit. :p

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Look at their skills before you hire them. You might be getting cheater pawns.

Like if you're level 15 looking at level 15 pawns and they are all max vocation with crazy endgame gear, they might not be legit. :p

both times it’s happened they start off normal and then (I tend to keep pawns a while) the next day I play they’ve become the hulk. It’s not a big deal I just swap em out. 

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

That's weird. They shouldn't refresh until you've gone back into the rift. They should be the same level and everything the full duration you have them.

Really? Unless I’m crazy I feel like I’ve even seen their equipment change. I know for absolute sure the first time it happened the guy got more powerful. Like he was just normal and then the next time I played he essentially one shotted the dragon in Melve.

I'm pretty sure that's how it's always worked. You and your pawn level up, they stay the same. That's why you always refresh every level or so because they're supposed to be underpowered the longer you have them, not the opposite.

• True 1

22 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm pretty sure that's how it's always worked. You and your pawn level up, they stay the same. That's why you always refresh every level or so because they're supposed to be underpowered the longer you have them, not the opposite.

But can their masters change their equipment and give them way more powerful stuff in your game while you have them? That’s what I’m wondering happens…maybe not though. 

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

But can their masters change their equipment and give them way more powerful stuff in your game while you have them? That’s what I’m wondering happens…maybe not though. 

Definitely not.

You can change their equipment if you want but they get to keep it. Or maybe you can take it back if you send them back naked. I'm not sure on that one. :p

• Haha 1

I'm grinding vocation levels. I started with Warfarer (using Magic Archer abilities) since that one gives a tiny amount of exp to other vocations. Magic Archer is "comfy" mode. It's what I used in DD1 but that allowed you to use daggers. Feels totally different from what I remember in DD1, but it's better for sure minus the no daggers bs. I'm leveling fighter now, I already had it at 6 and it hit 7 while grinding Warfarer. Fighter fucking sucks.

Magic is kinda neat. I have never used it before. It's pretty boring tho and mage doesn't have any solid AoE unlike Sorc so it's really abysmal for grinding packs of mobs. My pawn also almost never tag-team casts with me.

So, I had to google when the fuck you unlock quick spell. Cuz like I've gone the full length of mage and most of Sorc without unlocking it.

Turns out I have had it the whole time but it wasn't passive like I thought, you have to hold R1. Holy shit is that a massive difference. Spells are nearly instant now.

• Hype 1

So I did the much ballyhooed masquerade to find aught if the quest is bugged. But I was able to complete it with naught issue.

1. I made sure it was a night the masquerade was on. (it was)

2. I talked to the guard who would tell me if I was dressed correctly. The first time I asked he said I wasn't, despite wearing the right clothes and if I went in I would be attacked.

3. HOWEVER, I reloaded because I remembered that I wasn't wearing THE MASK spacer.png

And I was let in without issue.

git gud scrubs :dancing2:

• True 1
  • Sicko 1

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I did the much ballyhooed masquerade to find aught if the quest is bugged. But I was able to complete it with naught issue.

1. I made sure it was a night the masquerade was on. (it was)

2. I talked to the guard who would tell me if I was dressed correctly. The first time I asked he said I wasn't, despite wearing the right clothes and if I went in I would be attacked.

3. HOWEVER, I reloaded because I remembered that I wasn't wearing THE MASK spacer.png

And I was let in without issue.

git gud scrubs :dancing2:

Absolutely the same experience for me too on my first try. I litteraly have very little issues with this game. 

• Hugs 1

You know what I like about this game? Your house is actually a thing you can use.

In the first game you had a house free of charge, but you couldn't sleep there or do anything in it. You had to walk to the inn to store stuff or sleep, which was dumb. Then suddenly your beloved would show up there in your house and I guess it served sort of a purpose then but still weird.

In DD2 you can sleep and store stuff your house which already makes it better. Your beloved does show up from time to time, if they aren't there they drop off a gift. :o

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You know what I like about this game? Your house is actually a thing you can use.

In the first game you had a house free of charge, but you couldn't sleep there or do anything in it. You had to walk to the inn to store stuff or sleep, which was dumb. Then suddenly your beloved would show up there in your house and I guess it served sort of a purpose then but still weird.

In DD2 you can sleep and store stuff your house which already makes it better. Your beloved does show up from time to time, if they aren't there they drop off a gift. :o

Yea, I got gifts outside my door a few times. 

There are so many cool things you can do that I never would have even thought of. Like, I was trophy hunting and googled some stuff and there is an enemy you can put to sleep and then insta kill by chopping off its head in one blow. Shit's neat.

I’m done. The Pawns literally say the exact same shit over and over. No interesting banter. Monsters apparently only like to stay within yards of every main road, trail, or path. And they hang out in 20 foot intervals. Quests have no direction on what you should be doing. Not all of them but quite a few. I don’t find looking up stuff on Google my idea of having fun. The combat is ass. Night time traveling is horrible. You can’t see crap. Having to switch out Pawns every few levels makes the commodore nonexistent. Final verdict: game sucks. 

• Shocked 1

37 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m done. The Pawns literally say the exact same shit over and over. No interesting banter. Monsters apparently only like to stay within yards of every main road, trail, or path. And they hang out in 20 foot intervals. Quests have no direction on what you should be doing. Not all of them but quite a few. I don’t find looking up stuff on Google my idea of having fun. The combat is ass. Night time traveling is horrible. You can’t see crap. Having to switch out Pawns every few levels makes the commodore nonexistent. Final verdict: game sucks. 

You and BloodyHell are the only two not enjoying it. It’s a great game. 

22 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You and BloodyHell are the only two not enjoying it. It’s a great game. 

I’m sorry. I really appreciate you buying it for me. You wanted me to experience the game. I have tried but it just ain’t good. 

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m sorry. I really appreciate you buying it for me. You wanted me to experience the game. I have tried but it just ain’t good. 

Oh, I'm not worried about that. I even told you it would be no big deal if you didn't like it. But it's not a bad game so in YOUR opinion it sucks. Reviews and everyone else here would disagree with your comments. 

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Oh, I'm not worried about that. I even told you it would be no big deal if you didn't like it. But it's not a bad game so in YOUR opinion it sucks. Reviews and everyone else here would disagree with your comments. 

But the talking points I provided were all true about the game. I guess it doesn’t bother y’all. 

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

But the talking points I provided were all true about the game. I guess it doesn’t bother y’all. 

The only thing I complained about was repetition. But if you progress the story and keep things going it's completely fine. 

Hey, you don't like it no biggie. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

I appreciate you keeping it real and saying your honest impressions even if it’s a gift! Honestly…I think when I get to it I’m probably going to agree with a lot of what you said..that’s why I’m gonna do Alone in the Dark first to put it off :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I appreciate you keeping it real and saying your honest impressions even if it’s a gift! Honestly…I think when I get to it I’m probably going to agree with a lot of what you said..that’s why I’m gonna do Alone in the Dark first to put it off :P

It's just not your typical RPG. The main thing I don't like is there is absolutely no story or characters lol. I've said it in here before but it's honestly like playing an MMO. Plus the main character doesn't speak so there just isn't any sort of connection in anything.

• True 1

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It's just not your typical RPG. The main thing I don't like is there is absolutely no story or characters lol. I've said it in here before but it's honestly like playing an MMO. Plus the main character doesn't speak so there just isn't any sort of connection in anything.

yeah I knew it’s likely not going to be my thing though I did enjoy Elden Ring to my surprise so you never know and I’ll give it a shot. Mostly I got it to see RE engine current gen. I’ll be fine just getting to where I can climb on monsters and take them down and do that for a few hours. I doubt it becomes a game I beat but I’ll give it a shot!