Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

Imo you guys are playing this like an MMO. Leveling your character for really no reason. You don't have to be that strong to beat the game or enemies. So other than for shits and giggles you guys are changing up class and not advancing the game for no reasons. You are doing it for fun which is ok to a point. 

I'm not taking a shot here but it's a bit confusing. This is a good game but didn't hit me like I was anticipating. I understand this is a unique game, too. So please don't take this post too negatively. 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I get it trust me. I'm just a much different gamer than you guys are on here. I'm not taking shots at the game at all. It is what you make of it so that's the cool thing. If you guys enjoy leveling up and changing classes that is completely fine. I'll see if my opinion changes once I beat it which won't be long now. 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I get it trust me. I'm just a much different gamer than you guys are on here. I'm not taking shots at the game at all. It is what you make of it so that's the cool thing. If you guys enjoy leveling up and changing classes that is completely fine. I'll see if my opinion changes once I beat it which won't be long now. 

Just play the game in whatever way you find enjoyable. There's no wrong way to play it... except whatever the hell @BloodyHell was doing 

:troll:

• Haha 2
  • True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Just play the game in whatever way you find enjoyable. There's no wrong way to play it... excepot whatever the hell @BloodyHell was doing 

:troll:

Haha 😄 

3 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

For my money, its just the most fun to play. Not the most durable, but is a range fighter so who cares. Can handle air based enemies easily, which greatly reduces the annoyance of getting double teamed by air and land enemies simultaneously. For close quarters combat, your archer has a kick attack and its actually pretty powerful and often stuns enemies or knocks them down, which is great for leapers and rushers. Everything I've just described are basic functions o the class, not special skills or an ultimate. Add a mage, sorcerer and a warrior and you'll be dropping drakes with no issues. 

Add on you can jump and kick off a guy and shoot back at him like a bad ass. Yo!

• Hype 1

Just to be clear, there are no gaming rules anyone has to abide to! You can play whatever you want in any way you want and it’s okay. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t accomplish any particular goal and it doesn’t matter what other people say about it. Gaming, like a lot of art forms, allows you to engage with it in any way you see fit without causing any great societal harm. 

Except whatever the hell BloodyHell is doing.

• Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

Just to be clear, there are no gaming rules anyone has to abide to! You can play whatever you want in any way you want and it’s okay.

WwmEr7x.png

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

oExhgaj.png

• Haha 1
  • Sicko 1

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

Just to be clear, there are no gaming rules anyone has to abide to! You can play whatever you want in any way you want and it’s okay. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t accomplish any particular goal and it doesn’t matter what other people say about it. Gaming, like a lot of art forms, allows you to engage with it in any way you see fit without causing any great societal harm. 

I agree hence why I said this very thing in my one post. 

So, the archer. It IS a strong class. Exploding Arrows make everything nearly a cakewalk. Archer makes killing trash a breeze and it easily the best class when it comes to combat during exploration.

But I don't find it fun. Feel like I'm shooting spitballs at enemies. I wish there was like a stonger visual, audial, and maybe even vribrational feedback from the bow. But the only actual real reason I really dislike Archer is the lack of a double jump/airdash/bonus arial movement. All of the vocations without that suck for filling out the map, or bypassing ledges that are just slighty to tall.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

So, the archer. It IS a strong class. Exploding Arrows make everything nearly a cakewalk. Archer makes killing trash a breeze and it easily the best class when it comes to combat during exploration.

But I don't find it fun. Feel like I'm shooting spitballs at enemies. I wish there was like a stonger visual, audial, and maybe even vribrational feedback from the bow. But the only actual real reason I really dislike Archer is the lack of a double jump/airdash/bonus arial movement. All of the vocations without that suck for filling out the map, or bypassing ledges that are just slighty to tall.

Cross the border you coward. It's tough over there. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Cross the border you coward. It's tough over there. 

Last night I saved right on the top of the cliffs before you enter the sand land proper.

• Hype 1

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

My character has badass armor right now. I even got these wings i put on my head. 

brb I’m downloading the latest version. Dragon’s Dogma 2.0 Bloody Hells revenge 

9 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

@Keyser_Soze

I’m not explaining myself very well.

I knew the place with the books was what I needed to find and I knew I had found it. I just didn’t know if the game realized I found it if that makes sense, so that I could trigger the next part. 

As for the prisoner I am telling you guys he did not follow lol. He wasn’t moving slow and I wasn’t doing anything weird. He was completely stationary for several minutes at a time. I tried using the d pad commands and all that. The man was not moving. 

Curious, which way were you leading him.

I had the same issue tryign to go back up the stairs the way I came but he just hung out downstairs in the prison waiting for me.

16 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Curious, which way were you leading him.

I had the same issue tryign to go back up the stairs the way I came but he just hung out downstairs in the prison waiting for me.

yeah back up those stairs. Didn’t realize there was another option. 

I just hit Lvl 31.  Maxed out Fighter mid 20's, now leveling up Warrior.  Have just been exploring and knocking out side quests, avoiding pushing the main story forward in the main City.

In the spoilers is all I have of the Map unlocked, which doesn't feel like much at all.  I have 31 completed quests.  It so easy to miss side quests and content because if you don't explore and aren't thorough, you'll never know what you're missing.  I'm in no rush to speed through the game and miss out on so much of it. The fun of the game is exploring and discovering things, just like in BotW or Elden Ring.  It's what sets the games apart from modern open world Ubi style games, where you just follow waypoints on a map.  I got lost in those games and now im getting lost in this one.

I have found it pretty easy so far.  Just make sure you have a healer mage in your party and it feels like its pretty hard to die.  Just tap left on the dpad as soon as you take damage and they'll top you off real quick.  Otherwise most fights feel like your aided by random pawns and soldiers walking along as well.  Only reason I really wanted to advance and move along was to get more of a challenge again.  

Spoiler

image.png?ex=661f0070&is=660c8b70&hm=bd8

A little money making tip

Spoiler

When hiring pawns, look at their quests and just hire the ones that are, "Kill and Orgre or Cyclops, with a reward of $10k"  I just keep grabbing 2 pawns each time I go to town and hiring them with this quest, and each time I kill a Cyclops, easy $20k.  I just got $215k, and able to buy the big house in the Capital"

• Thanks 1

Just now, Paperclyp said:

yeah back up those stairs. Didn’t realize there was another option. 

That was the issue then. Not exactly a glitch, but he should just follow you whichever way you want to lead him out.

Spoiler

If you went the other way, there was a door to unlock that lead you out a back sewer type entrance where he'd follow you out and towards the slums I think.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Looks pretty nice on console too seems like 

I mean, the textures are da poo poo. Like, actually no better than PS3 era shit.

But man does the game have grand vistas and that is what matters tbh.

I have longed for a massive game with real-sized cities where the compromise the devs make is on the graphics.

Like, I want a game with multiple cities the size of every GTA city combined but with a vast open wilderness and massive monsters.

Like, there should be cities just the size of DD2 in its entirety.

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I mean, the textures are da poo poo. Like, actually no better than PS3 era shit.

But man does the game have grand vistas and that is what matters tbh.

I have longed for a massive game with real-sized cities where the compromise the devs make is on the graphics.

Like, I want a game with multiple cities the size of every GTA city combined but with a vast open wilderness and massive monsters.

Like, there should be cities just the size of DD2 in its entirety.

As long as it’s also to scale and you can enter every building.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

That was the issue then. Not exactly a glitch, but he should just follow you whichever way you want to lead him out.

Hide contents

If you went the other way, there was a door to unlock that lead you out a back sewer type entrance where he'd follow you out and towards the slums I think.

I’m not sure I follow you exactly, I will just take it as I should have gone the other way. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Still overkill and unrealistic /shrug

I mean depends on the game. Like if it’s a GTA like game say Sleeping Dogs 2 and you are on foot trying to get away from the cops and need to bust through a home and go out the back and escape through the neighbors backyard - you need to be able to enter every house or else that scenario doesn’t work unscripted.

@Bacon I just said fuck it tonight and just explored my ass off. What was cool I was deep in Battahl and just kept moving along through caverns and such and ended up back in Vermund. It was good I did because by the end of my journey I lost all my pawns in battle including my main pawn. Some epic battles were had. Now I'm in the beginning section if the border working my way back to the city. 

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I mean depends on the game. Like if it’s a GTA like game say Sleeping Dogs 2 and you are on foot trying to get away from the cops and need to bust through a home and go out the back and escape through the neighbors backyard - you need to be able to enter every house or else that scenario doesn’t work unscripted.

Most doors are locked from my experience. Sure you can bust and shoot them open realistically, but realistically that's hard to do without alerting the fuzz.

In any case, my example is for a fantasy game. While I did mention GTA, I meant medieval cities. Which wouldn't have situations that require such freedom. I mean, I want as many houses and buildings to be open as possible, but I feel there is a reasonable amount of open buildings that isn't "all" in a game where one city is the entire size of DD2.

27 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I’m not sure I follow you exactly, I will just take it as I should have gone the other way. 

I meant that if ur breaking the guy out of jail he realistically should just follow wherever you lead him.

But in terms of that quest, yes you went the wrong way. 

• Halal 1