Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

There is a pawn perk that automatically distributes all your items evenly among you and your 3 pawns. You could hire a pawn that does that and takes the stress out of your life. :p

That's not a good one for me because the point is for me to always be light. Mage Pawns are the mules since they have to stay still anyway.

26 minutes ago, Hurricane Game said:

Not sure if this has been discussed, you can put your materials in your storage and you can still enhance your equipment without it being on your person/pawns.

I'll have to try this. I thought you needed it with you to upgrade but if so this will REALLY lighten my load

For me, it was just common sense to assume the storage box items would be usable without removing them. Or rather, it made sense to see if that was how it worked before assuming it didn't.

• Halal 1

Just now, Dodger said:

Has anyone had monsters randomly spawn in Venworth? It’s happened to me twice, once with some saurians, then an ogre…

Yep. I've had goblins twice, and an ogre once.

2 hours ago, eventide11 said:

I feel like everything that you can carry and have in your inventory should have it's weight reduced by half or even more. I've never had an inventory system stress me out so much lol

I shouldn't be so worried about picking and choosing when it gives you the opportunity to pick up almost everything. Guess it's a life lesson or something

Actually you should... it's a deliberate game design just like the fast travel.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

It's my frustration as well. I barely stay "average" even when distributeting items with my pawns. 

1. Eat those Golden Beetles when you see them. They increase your carry capacity and there's also a ring that does the same thing.

2. Hire physically bigger pawns, they can carry more stuff.

3. Don't pick up everything and store/craft/sell stuff everytime you go to town. They had the same mechanic in the first game and you learn to deal with it.

Anywhoo I switched to Archer for that one mission last night and played around with it for a bit, it was okay but I prefer the way it was in the first game where archer and thief were one class called The Strider. Best combination of melee and ranged in gaming... NO IDEA why they thought splitting them was a good idea. Archer by itself just doesn't seem that fun. Which is why i switched back to thief as soon as i finsihed that Elf archer mission. 

Later I found and unlocked the Mystic Spearhand vocation and I've been playing with that vocation ever since. Think I'm gonna stick with that until I max it out.  lastly I watched this video this morning... GREAT video with tips I never would have thought of that make perfect sense when you think about it.

gameplay is so great in this game.

• Halal 1

I wish you could just change your vocation on the fly. I know it kinda goes against their philosophy or whatever, but it's annoying. Cuz like right now, Archer and Thief are using all of the same gear but the weapon. It's weak sauce that I have to go to a town just to swap out a weapon basically. Like, at least let me swap at camp. I can already change moves at camp. If anything, I'd rather the limitation be you can swap vocations at camp, but not your active skills.

I do wish you could send items to storage from anywhere or at least camps. Or just remove weight for non-weapons and armor. Dark Souls does it right with equipped load. They could just make armor heavier and still have you required to find golden beetles to keep your load light as your armor gets stronger.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Archer by itself just doesn't seem that fun.

It's not, I'm only leveling it for the weak point augment. Tho, it got better when I realized that you are better off never using square/x. It does NO damage. Still not very fun. I feel like my pawns do all the work when I play Archer.

• Halal 1

I’m doing that elf archer mission now myself. You only need to be an archer for the first part and not the second part right? I only want to be an anchor long enough to get the more stamina augment which should be at rank 4

6 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I’m doing that elf archer mission now myself. You only need to be an archer for the first part and not the second part right? I only want to be an anchor long enough to get the more stamina augment which should be at rank 4

If I'm thinking about the same quest I showed up after a long journey without a bow let a alone the correct class lol. 

Just now, best3444 said:

So what's the benefit of changing classes? Other than dodging in combat. 

It's fun

u fast

you are the weak point master attacker

it's the "climb the monster" vocation which means it's the best vocation cuz climbing the monster is the best part

it has TWO special moves, the only melee vocation to have TWO special moves

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I am definitely correct, Bacon. The janky ass misses Ive had in combat over and over are unacceptable 

Game is fine without a lock on. Not every game needs to play like every other game. Do the Monster Hunter games have lock on? I don't remember. 

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Game is fine without a lock on. Not every game needs to play like every other game. Do the Monster Hunter games have lock on? I don't remember. 

It has a shitty one that is shit that no one uses

38 minutes ago, best3444 said:

So what's the benefit of changing classes? Other than dodging in combat. 

Once you level up a bit Thief’s have great DPS while fighters are more of a tank

38 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Sure. Games with good controls don’t need it. 
this is janky ass ps3 combat and movement should have it, imo. 

• Wrong 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Absolutely and a dodge button. 

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

play thief

Yupp. I’m a thief and I’m basically unhittable. Also what bacon said. Climbing a huge monster and planting a bomb right in his grill, jumping off, and detonating it is so good.
boom smile GIF 

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yupp. I’m a thief and I’m basically unhittable. Also what bacon said. Climbing a huge monster and planting a bomb right in his grill, jumping off, and detonating it is so good.
boom smile GIF 

I like fighter. But that is cool that different classes offer different combat techniques.