Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Fuck that. No way I’m playin this dogshit game that long. 

Why are you playing a 'dogshit' game at all lol There's a metric ton of games to move on to. I'm considering Rise of the Ronin myself

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

Or leave it installed and play PGA Tour until they fix the checkerboarding then come back for another push!

I’m playin it now. This game is a classic example to 2 steps forward 3 steps back. One minute it’s playing so well and then you’ll hit a questionable game mechanic that boggles the mind. 

• Sad 1

Was on that Dullhan quest and found a riftstone that had a pawn that was like 4 levels above me, and it was a Capcom pawn so I decided to hire it. Thing is like a tour guide saying, "I know of two locations of interest around here" and I took it up on the offer and it brought me to a place I would have never thought of going to so cool on them.

Also I think @skillzdadirecta was asking me earlier about traveling at night. But the interesting thing in this game is there is a benefit to doing it because things glow at night such as the seekers tokens or the bugs that increase carrying capacity so I've found myself traveling night and day most of the time. When my health gets low or pawns cry too much about being tired I might go home and rest. :p

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Was on that Dullhan quest and found a riftstone that had a pawn that was like 4 levels above me, and it was a Capcom pawn so I decided to hire it. Thing is like a tour guide saying, "I know of two locations of interest around here" and I took it up on the offer and it brought me to a place I would have never thought of going to so cool on them.

Also I think @skillzdadirecta was asking me earlier about traveling at night. But the interesting thing in this game is there is a benefit to doing it because things glow at night such as the seekers tokens or the bugs that increase carrying capacity so I've found myself traveling night and day most of the time. When my health gets low or pawns cry too much about being tired I might go home and rest. :p

yeah I've found at least three of those Capcon pawns and they're great. You have a chance to get them when you find those broken riftstones in the wild. They typically know a lot of the quests and are pretty high level. Also they're usually free to hire if you find them.

I really dont like how you're constantly fighting the inventory and at the same time the game doesn't want you to fast travel. Those 2 things contribute to one another in a way that makes things frustrating.. For me anyway

11 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I really dont like how you're constantly fighting the inventory and at the same time the game doesn't want you to fast travel. Those 2 things contribute to one another in a way that makes things frustrating.. For me anyway

There is alot of frustration in this game. It literally brings it down from a 9/10 to a 6/10. Exploration could be so good if I didn’t have to fight monsters ever 25 seconds. Quests with no direction on what to do or how to accomplish them is a time waste. Just quit beating around the bush and tell me what the fuck to do already. Pawns say the same shit over and over. If you don’t have something important to tell me then shut the fuck up. No beast glossary letting you know the beasts you’ve defeated already are weak to like fire/electric/ice. It’s like everytime I boot the game up to play I uncover more things that frustrate me and make the game less and less enjoyable. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

There is alot of frustration in this game. It literally brings it down from a 9/10 to a 6/10. Exploration could be so good if I didn’t have to fight monsters ever 25 seconds. Quests with no direction on what to do or how to accomplish them is a time waste. Just quit beating around the bush and tell me what the fuck to do already. Pawns say the same shit over and over. If you don’t have something important to tell me then shut the fuck up. No beast glossary letting you know the beasts you’ve defeated already are weak to like fire/electric/ice. It’s like everytime I boot the game up to play I uncover more things that frustrate me and make the game less and less enjoyable. 

As much as I enjoyed DD that's what irked me over time with that one and it seems to be rearing it's ogre head in this one as well. Is what it is. Guess I'm on to Rise of the Ronin

11 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

As much as I enjoyed DD that's what irked me over time with that one and it seems to be rearing it's ogre head in this one as well. Is what it is. Guess I'm on to Rise of the Ronin

Rise is decent and maybe even good. It's fun I can tell you that with plenty of fast travel lol. 

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What's your tip of getting the main story going in Bathall?

Spoiler

You need to make sure that you complete the feast of deception (see captain Bryant at night in the tavern of Vermouth)  quest which will open up the first Battahl quest line and move the main story forward. 

21 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:
  Hide contents

You need to make sure that you complete the feast of deception (see captain Bryant at night in the tavern of Vermouth)  quest which will open up the first Battahl quest line and move the main story forward. 

I'm sorry I confused you. I am in Bathall but did all my quests here. How do I get more of the main quest going?

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

"Flickering Shadows" which has me traveling to Harve village in Vermund. 

Did you speak to the old man next to the portcrystal in Harve? He will start he next quest. 

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Anyone other than @Mr.Vic20 get the expensive house in Vernworth? I saw it the other day but it was 200k. One of these days though. :daydream:

Lol why buy something so expensive? I have the $20K home and it does everything you need it too. 

34 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Lol why buy something so expensive? I have the $20K home and it does everything you need it too. 

Why buy a Botticelli painting when you can buy a painting from a 2 year old?

Why buy filet mignon when you can go to burger king?

Why buy a Ferrari when you can buy a Geo Metro?

Because it's nicer bro. You're sleeping in the slums and think it's everything you need. Wait till you move into this new place where the Beastren wipe your ass for you!

• Haha 2