Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

@Biggie I didn't see you raging. Not sure if there is anything to rage about? I'm level 32 just owning everyone. I just did an other quest to keep the game going.

I did die tonight because I faced off with a lion/snake creature. Never seen them around and it wasn't fun. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

After a staggering amount of play, I prefer the archer over all classes except maybe the magical archer as I haven’t tried that class yet.

I need an "EWW" reaction :sick:

• True 1

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Sure. Games with good controls don’t need it. 
this is janky ass ps3 combat and movement should have it, imo. 

Damn then you sure got got buying such a terrible game with terrible controls the majority of players playing it don't seem to have a problem with. If i were you I'd try to get my money back.

There's some control tweaks here for people with ten thumbs or something.

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 6:17 PM, Biggie said:

Kept dying in a mine. Accidentally chose load from last inn save instead of load last save. Lost a ton of progress. Stupidest save file system ever created in a video game. Fuck Capcom and fuck this game. Uninstalled. 

@best3444 read above 

Also pay attention to me when I’m posting. How could you not have seen this? 

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

After a staggering amount of play, I prefer the archer over all classes except maybe the magical archer as I haven’t tried that class yet.

Wow surprising. I don’t even want an archer Pawn in my party lol. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Is Xbox ever going to receive the patch? Fucking take your time why don’t ya. 

Are you sure you didn't get it already? Sometimes Xbox games just update. Other times you have to check.

I guess you'd know if it updated if you see "new game" on the main menu.

EDIT: I'm actually remembering why it might be taking more time than the others. Because it seemed like the Xbox version had a specific problem with the checkerboard rendering so if it's not updated, maybe they're trying to combine the two fixes in one.

43 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Wow surprising. I don’t even want an archer Pawn in my party lol. 

Me either, and I only took up the class to round out my Warfarer class, only to discover that I actually enjoyed it more. I’m taking down drakes more easily now that I’m sniping the heart while the pawn warrior takes the beating I use to take. Then a mage and sorcerer round out the team for heals and the occasional meteor shower. I’ve cleared 15 drakes now with this approach, feels good!

I should add that this is the first time I’ve ever enjoyed a ranger/archer type in an RPG.

• Hype 1

Tried out Mystic Spearhand. I don't feel like it does enough damage on demand. Fighting a drake as a MSH, is less easy than thief. Thief just fucks drakes up. Their air dash is very cool tho and actually a better traversal utility than concussive step.

The Warrior is slow but man does it destroy enemies. I’m going to enjoy leveling this up. Once you unlock vocations you can switch back and forth right? Like if I wanted to go back to Thief sometime later?

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

The Warrior is slow but man does it destroy enemies. I’m going to enjoy leveling this up. Once you unlock vocations you can switch back and forth right? Like if I wanted to go back to Thief sometime later?

You can, and in fact if you unlock the Warfarer class, you can switch between multiple classes. The down side is you can't use ultimate skills, but so far, I don't find the ultimate skills to be worth the trade off as they often require the consumption of your entire stamina bar to execute damage equivalent to 2 of the class skills. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I don't find the ultimate skills to be worth the trade off as they often require the consumption of your entire stamina bar to execute damage equivalent to 2 of the class skills. 

Of course a filthy archer would say this :]

• Sicko 1

14 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn then you sure got got buying such a terrible game with terrible controls the majority of players playing it don't seem to have a problem with. If i were you I'd try to get my money back.

There's some control tweaks here for people with ten thumbs or something.

Over and over attacks pass straight through enemies. Not just once in a while. Really weird that you’re so hostile about me calling out problems with this game. 

29 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm not looking at past posts. I'll google.

Cuz you a lazy bitch

On 3/30/2024 at 10:14 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

An attempt was made to kill a dragon. The attempt was failed but at least I looked cool doing it

Reveal hidden contents

So decided to be a hypocrite and be an archer again. Shit is OP. Especially if you get a mage who puts the electric and speed boon on you. Electric explosive arrows damn! Downing monsters very quickly. Heck took down a griffin in less than a minute.

I guess it helps I have some op sorcerer that has this tornado spell too. :p

• Hype 1

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So decided to be a hypocrite and be an archer again. Shit is OP. Especially if you get a mage who puts the electric and speed boon on you. Electric explosive arrows damn! Downing monsters very quickly. Heck took down a griffin in less than a minute.

I guess it helps I have some op sorcerer that has this tornado spell too. :p

Sterling Archer GIFs | Tenor

• Hugs 1

37 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Over and over attacks pass straight through enemies. Not just once in a while. Really weird that you’re so hostile about me calling out problems with this game. 

You're litteraly the only person complaining about combat. Attacks pass through enemies? I've never seen this. It's like you're trying to find fault in this game. Go play Rebirth. 

• True 3

26 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You're litteraly the only person complaining about combat. Attacks pass through enemies? I've never seen this. It's like you're trying to find fault in this game. Go play Rebirth. 

Damn lol. 

I’ve also ever had attacks pass through an enemy.  Maybe, and please don’t take offense to this, but maybe you’re just ass at the game @BloodyHell  

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Damn lol. 

I’ve also ever had attacks pass through an enemy.  Maybe, and please don’t take offense to this, but maybe you’re just ass at the game @BloodyHell  

He's usually good at games and completes them quickly. I have no idea what he's talking about. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

He's usually good at games and completes them quickly. I have no idea what he's talking about. 

Not everybody is good at every game. Maybe he met his match with Dragon’s Dogshit 2.