Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m not super happy with my character either. Wanna start over together? LOL

I spent 3 minutes in character creation. My character is perfectly fine. I'm a fighter with a mage. 

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m not super happy with my character either. Wanna start over together? LOL

Man I'm probably 10-12 hrs in so I'm at the point of no return. Definitely enjoying it but still getting a handle on combat. On DD I was a ranger and this time I'm going fighter so maybe there's a steeper learning curve. It's already clicking all the boxes so I'll just commit and take the good with the bad lol

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I spent 3 minutes in character creation. My character is perfectly fine. I'm a fighter with a mage. 

Same. But more fighter and mage classes open up too so I'll experiment once I get a good handle on combat

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

4 total spawns which I think is the limit. I usually have 2 mages, an Archer, and me, a fighter. 

Man I’m loving the exploration. Quests aren’t even a priority. I keep finding little things everywhere in the wild. Good stuff. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Man I’m loving the exploration. Quests aren’t even a priority. I keep finding little things everywhere in the wild. Good stuff. 

I focused on the first quest given in the capitol and completed that which took a while. Now I'm kinda exploring. Yes, exploration is rewarding pretty much all the time. 

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah but so far none of the weapons I've come across are stronger than the maxxed out daggers I have. I can't enhance them any further, but I'm using them until I come across some thing better. Same way i played the first game.

I'm actually hesitant to enhance my equipment too much after playing the first game. If you beat the game well (IYKYK) :p

So far at level 20 not having any difficulty killing stuff with base equipment anyway.

10 hours ago, nublood said:

Man, my archer sucks. But I’m gonna ride it out knowing full well there’s better classes. Yep. Gonna die on that hill. :dab:

I also have a shitty archer. I just unlocked Warrior though so migh just cave and switch. I’m destined to only have fun using melee classes in every game 😔

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah but so far none of the weapons I've come across are stronger than the maxxed out daggers I have. I can't enhance them any further, but I'm using them until I come across some thing better. Same way i played the first game.

9 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yes. I bought a stronger sword and shield then enhanced them. Now nothing at the vendors is stronger atm. 

Are you guys doing your calculations correctly? Are you comparing maxed out gear next to base gear that could be better than your maxed out item if you maxed it out? (Meaning comparing the base values?)

I've seen plenty of weapons and armor better than what I have. Have any of you taken the ox cart out of the city to the checkpoint city? I checked the weapons and armor there and it was better than what was in the capital city.

This game rules. Something about the combat just feels... just right. Found some sick hammers to replace my greatsword. Near the undead place someone mentioned above. I dunno what it is about the environments, is this how they hoped the environments would be in the first game? They just have this great sense of place and scale, the lighting and stuff really sells it, and despite there being nothing crazy about them in terms of creativity, it feels just perfect for the setting.

Also all the interactions between vocations are great, or at least what I've seen. My mage casts a giant ice attack that leaves a platform, I run on top of it and do an aerial smackdown with my hammer for massive damage, sending the enemy reeling, right into our archer's already-placed explosive arrows, which fully knocks them down with their head right in front of me, doing a fully charged hammer strike and killing them instantly. Fucking awesome stuff.

• Hype 1

I wish I could command pawns to do actions. Like actually command them. Cuz fuck, I'd be using springboard all the time. It's so frustrating for there to be a high spot that I can't get to, but I could when combined with springboard and concussive leap.

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

I wish I could command pawns to do actions. Like actually command them. Cuz fuck, I'd be using springboard all the time. It's so frustrating for there to be a high spot that I can't get to, but I could when combined with springboard and concussive leap.

Perfect game for co-op...

Finally got to put some time into the game this past weekend. Not a ton, but I finally got to the big main castle city. I have to admit, Capcom nailed the traversal in the game. They made sure you could see the castle from a highpoint on the path when you were far away, so you could see it off in the distance. Then they had the path wind down into the canyon and around the other mountains, and every so often they would put you back on a high point so you could see the castle was a bit closer. Then they had you make that crest over the hill and see the entire thing sprawled out before you. There is no way that entire path from the little outpost to the castle wasn't painstakingly planned. That was an Elder Scrolls moment for sure.

I was a bit thankful that my performance didn't completely tank when I got in the city. I mean, it wasn't good, but it was still playable.

Also, everyone else's PC sounds like a freight train while playing the game, right? RIGHT??? :s

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What am I doing wrong? I just want to take one quest at a time but the way I see it working it doesn't allow you to just select one quest. 

Nevermind. I'm not setting the quest as priority lol. 

Yeah got to set it. 

billy mayes set it and forget it GIF

• Haha 1

Damn. I'm in the dungeon area and the guard AI is good. I accidentally pulled out my sword and the guard said do not test me! Then I ventured too far into the jail/dungeon and was attacked by 4 guards then locked up. 

Thankfully I have a cell key lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Damn. I'm in the dungeon area and the guard AI is good. I accidentally pulled out my sword and the guard said do not test me! Then I ventured too far into the jail/dungeon and was attacked by 4 guards then locked up. 

Snl Fight Me Bitch GIF by Saturday Night Live

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Those guards don't scale well. I kind of did the same thing, had like 7 guards attacking me at once while I casually explored the cells and looted everything as they did chip damage, lol.

• Haha 1