Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Also I’ve noticed when there is a bunch of houses in a village to explore if you go to each one and loot whatever is in there it’ll leave a tiny little dot on the map each place you loot. Helps a lot with keeping track where you have been. 

Didn't know this. Thanks. I do loot a lot as well. 

12 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

It’s the masquerade quest. Part of the main story. I have all the proper attire on, no weapons equipped or anything, and I get attacked as soon as I enter. 

You have on the mask and the nobleman attire? If you're getting attack as soon as you enter then you may have to sneak in another way besides the front door. There's other ways into the area you need to get to.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I always have a pawn carry the camping equipment. 

I usually don't like giving hired pawns my stuff because I don't want to forget about it then lose stuff. I do give my main pawn shit. 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I usually don't like giving hired pawns my stuff because I don't want to forget about it then lose stuff. I do give my main pawn shit. 

The only stuff they keep is the stuff you equip on them. Everything else comes back to you if they die or you dismiss them. 

• Shocked 1

Just now, Biggie said:

How do you read this clock @best3444? I see the dial with the sun and then darkness on the right but I can’t fucking tell how much time I have before going away from a Inn

No it's not really a clock it just kinda indicates when night and day come. It slowly rotates. Why they just didn't include a clock is beyond me. 

Never mind I googled it

Check the Pause MenuOn one end of the ring is a sun in the daylight, and on the other, you'll see stars in the darkness. The top of the screen always shows the current time, and the ring moves counterclockwise.

It’s pretty addicting @best3444  I’ve been playing for about 3 hours and I don’t wanna stop but work in the morning says different. The game is awesome once you sort of get the hang of it. Can’t hurry through this one. Lots of good stuff to learn and see. 

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s pretty addicting @best3444  I’ve been playing for about 3 hours and I don’t wanna stop but work in the morning says different. The game is awesome once you sort of get the hang of it. Can’t hurry through this one. Lots of good stuff to learn and see. 

Yea I see new things each playthrough. It's a unique experience and well worth your time playing. 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

No it's not really a clock it just kinda indicates when night and day come. It slowly rotates. Why they just didn't include a clock is beyond me. 

Next time look at the middle top. Notice where the little symbol thing is. How close it is to dark. Then rest at an inn. It resets it. Very cool. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You have on the mask and the nobleman attire? If you're getting attack as soon as you enter then you may have to sneak in another way besides the front door. There's other ways into the area you need to get to.

I finally got it. I just went and did some other stuff for a couple of in game days and did it again, no changes other than time passing, and the guards couldn't have cared less about me. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, eventide11 said:

I recently read you can use the same camping equipment over and over so no need to have multiple sets. Wish I'd known that 20 hrs ago

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Wow this is great info!

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Wtf. How I didn't know this is baffling.

Didn't we mention this some time back? You only need to carry one kit and as long as it doesn't get attacked you can reuse it. (read the description)

However, there is a quest you get later that rewards you with a camping kit that can even withstand attacks and is even lighter than the modest camping kit.

And like Skillz said have your pawn carry it.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I finally got it. I just went and did some other stuff for a couple of in game days and did it again, no changes other than time passing, and the guards couldn't have cared less about me. 

Oh you didn't let time pass? I assumed you did and they just kept attacking you.

A pro tip from me, because this should have been obvious but I screwed it up: Make sure you activate the porcrystals in the towns you visit.

At one point I got way out there and wanted to use a ferrystone to get to Vernworth but I couldn't because I didn't activate the crystal. The closest I could go was the village that you save from the saurians because I actually touched the crystal. The one in the capital I saw and didn't touch because I knew what it was but turns out you need to touch it to use it.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Warrior is fucking great! Uppercutting Ogre’s in the face with a massive sword is extremely satisfying. 

Yup, I switched to warrior and combat got much better! While slow, the get knocked down far less often and that makes a huge difference when the screen gets crowded with a blend of ground based and airborne enemies. I'm using the thunder hammer, but might try out a sword tonight.

Last night before stopping I got 2 new powers.  The one where you can plant and detonate a bomb and the other where you can make your blades have fire. Can’t wait to try those out. The next power I’m going to get is the invisible cloaking. That looks like it could be a lot of fun. 

39 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I skipped to the positive/negative/conclusion.

This is EXACTLY why I had no hype leading up to the game. I knew what it would be from the very start and that IS disappointing.

Don't get me wrong. The game is very fun. It is like playing DD1 all over again. But that is also where the problem is. It is like playing DD1 all over again. It is not a new experience at all. It's a fun experience, but not new. I bet if I had played DD1 right before DD2, I personally would have been really pooping on DD2. If I had bought the game I would have been harsher than I have been, but @stepee buying it for me has actually caused me to have a better experience than I otherwise would have.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh you didn't let time pass? I assumed you did and they just kept attacking you.

I had let some pass but then I let longer time pass… which again doesn’t make a whole lot of sense on a systems level. Like an extra day goes by and somehow I’m ok now. 

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Last night before stopping I got 2 new powers.  The one where you can plant and detonate a bomb and the other where you can make your blades have fire. Can’t wait to try those out. The next power I’m going to get is the invisible cloaking. That looks like it could be a lot of fun. 

I never ended up using the fire blades thing because I just bring a pawn with me that does the same thing. Kind of a wasted talent IMO.

I'm trying out the mystic spearhand now, this might take some levels to make fun. :p

I have been attacked literally every time I have used the ox cart.

Never have I dozed off and reached my destination unmolested. 

I have been attacked one singular time while camping.

I think I've used the Ox Cart 4 times and have only been attacked once.

Funny though, I came by an ox cart that was being attacked and since I have a pawn sorcerer that uses this ice spell and gives no fucks, she used the spell and destroyed the cart while fighting.

Then everyone was standing around the rubble and I talk to the ox cart driver and he tells me, "we're not operating right now"

You think? :p

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I skipped to the positive/negative/conclusion.

This is EXACTLY why I had no hype leading up to the game. I knew what it would be from the very start and that IS disappointing.

Don't get me wrong. The game is very fun. It is like playing DD1 all over again. But that is also where the problem is. It is like playing DD1 all over again. It is not a new experience at all. It's a fun experience, but not new. I bet if I had played DD1 right before DD2, I personally would have been really pooping on DD2. If I had bought the game I would have been harsher than I have been, but @stepee buying it for me has actually caused me to have a better experience than I otherwise would have.

I played 12 hours of DD1 basically before this and I couldn't be happier. It helped me understand what type of game this is. Glad you got it for free since you're not too happy. 

Just now, best3444 said:

Glad you got it for free since you're not too happy. 

Nuts that is how you took that. I'm havin' fun and shit. If I wasn't enjoying my time I wouldn't be posting these videos and talking about the cool shit.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Nuts that is how you took that. I'm havin' fun and shit. If I wasn't enjoying my time I wouldn't be posting these videos and talking about the cool shit.

You said you would be very negative on this if you bought it...it's not a new experience etc. How else am I supposed to take that lol. I get you're having fun but that's because you didn't pay for it. 

25 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Wtf. The quest "Readvent of Calamity" is odd. The guide im looking at doesn't mention what happened to me in my experience. Anyone else do this quest?

I figured this out but no guide helped me. Something happened in my game that didn't happen for those that did guides for this. 

27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Wtf. The quest "Readvent of Calamity" is odd. The guide im looking at doesn't mention what happened to me in my experience. Anyone else do this quest?

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I figured this out but no guide helped me. Something happened in my game that didn't happen for those that did guides for this. 

I just did it a bit ago and the only funky thing for me is the characters wouldn't progress the quest until I rested the night and then spent a bit more time away and then the quest said to come back and went on.