Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

2 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Rick! (my default name for all hero type characters) and side kick Cat man, Hobbs are now level 23. Current state of neck beard, about a 1/4"... :sun:

You put serious time in games when you play Holy hell. I guess your work schedule makes you binge on games when you get a weekend. I just can't do it like you. 

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I didn't make my pawn a healer this time around because mage pawns seemed to be the most common in DD1.

I just did it because I suck at games so any advantage I can get I do it. How are you liking it?

I'm usually a hater of "remote mines" but I love how it works on Thief. Cuz you can plant it on a weak point. Like on a Cyclops. Plant the fucker on its eye, stab the eye a bunch, jump off, blow up the mine.

I’m not super far in but so far if anything the game is too easy. My pawns just slaughter everything and I get like a couple hits in for the trash mobs. Having a mage for the main pawn has been great. Great damage is combat then heals afterwards. So far it seems the real did the artificial difficulty of how limited your inventory space is and dealing with the pain in the ass everything seems to be.

I didn’t realize camp kits had limited uses so I was using one at every campsite. On the final use I get ambushed in the night and then it’s night time with no way to rest. I ended up being okay but the game seems to troll like that a lot.

im assuming you need to be an archer to that elven bow guys quest so I switched to that and will set out to do that later.

• Halal 1

All fighter party. Go big or go home!

15 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I’m not super far in but so far if anything the game is too easy. My pawns just slaughter everything and I get like a couple hits in for the trash mobs. Having a mage for the main pawn has been great. Great damage is combat then heals afterwards. So far it seems the real did the artificial difficulty of how limited your inventory space is and dealing with the pain in the ass everything seems to be.

I didn’t realize camp kits had limited uses so I was using one at every campsite. On the final use I get ambushed in the night and then it’s night time with no way to rest. I ended up being okay but the game seems to troll like that a lot.

im assuming you need to be an archer to that elven bow guys quest so I switched to that and will set out to do that later.

Dump everything that's not equipped/a few curatives in your inn storage box anytime you return to town. When on the field, use your pawns as pack mules. I was out exploring for like 6 hours yesterday without filling our inventories completely!

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

All fighter party. Go big or go home!

Dump everything that's not equipped/a few curatives in your inn storage box anytime you return to town. When on the field, use your pawns as pack mules. I was out exploring for like 6 hours yesterday without filling our inventories completely!

When pawns get brined, do their collected items go to your storage?

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I searched for your Pawns using the ID# but nothing was found. Do we have to be on the same system? I’m on Series X. 

just googled, cross-platform doesn't work :/

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Dodger said:

If you hire a new pawn and dismiss one what happens to the items the dismissed pawn had? To your storage or you just lose them?

Good question. 

Also how to I stop my Pawns from looting every dead enemy and opening loot chests? I wanna do that shit. 

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Also how to I stop my Pawns from looting every dead enemy and opening loot chests? I wanna do that shit. 

How do I get my pawns to do that? They should be my gather-sluts. They should be actively seeking out mats so I don't have to. It should be their priority even over combat.

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

If you can do it "incorrectly" then it's absolutely game error. 

For one, no one ever mentioned anything about a cave. Unless he mentioned a cave when he said goblins interfered with their delivery, which was a passing comment from several hours prior in my playthrough. For two, the NPC says to just find a weapon. Not to get some specific bad weapons from a cave.

The Vocation guy says, go talk to the weapons guy. The weapons guy says goblins in a nearby cave attacked and stole his shit and clear it out so he can sell weapons again. Then they put a waypoint on the map that shows you where it is.

Basically git gud scrub!

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The Vocation guy says, go talk to the weapons guy. The weapons guy says goblins in a nearby cave attacked and stole his shit and clear it out so he can sell weapons again. Then they put a waypoint on the map that shows you where it is.

Basically git gud scrub!

The weapon guy never said that to me at all. He didn't have any quest-related dialogue until after I turned in the archistaff. And I talked to him many times as I was fiddling around with different classes.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Dodger said:

If you hire a new pawn and dismiss one what happens to the items the dismissed pawn had? To your storage or you just lose them?

Goes  to storage as if they died.

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

There are various camp kits. I think the best one is reusable (or more sturdy). If you get attacked in the night you can't use them again. I found 3 of them and since they are heavy as shit just have my pawn carry it. :p

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

How do I get my pawns to do that? They should be my gather-sluts. They should be actively seeking out mats so I don't have to. It should be their priority even over combat.

I hired a Pawn that was an Archer and I chose that the main priority or whatever it’s called would be gathering stuff. 

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

The weapon guy never said that to me at all. He didn't have any quest-related dialogue until after I turned in the archistaff. And I talked to him many times as I was fiddling around with different classes.

So, I was watching a stream yesterday, and the NPC says that shit as his EXIT dialogue when you talk to him about unlocking the Warrior and Sorc jobs. Like, the streamer wanted to be a warrior, didn't get the quest for the weapons, so he spent all of his job EXP on fighter, and when he exited the convo the NPC then brought up the location of the stolen shipment.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

So, I was watching a stream yesterday, and the NPC says that shit as his EXIT dialogue when you talk to him about unlocking the Warrior and Sorc jobs. Like, the streamer wanted to be a warrior, didn't get the quest for the weapons, so he spent all of his job EXP on fighter, and when he exited the convo the NPC then brought up the location of the stolen shipment.

Maybe that was it then. :lol:

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

You recommend a healer or fighter?

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I absolutely recommend a healer as your main pawn. Mine saved me a few times today. 

my main pawn is a fighter, but that’s because Im a squishy mage. I buy him new armor and weapons before I buy anything for even my own character. The recommendation I think is usually to have your main pawn opposite of your own vocation. So grab a healer if youre and up close fighter. Get a fighter to tank if youre a ranged character. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

my main pawn is a fighter, but that’s because Im a squishy mage. I buy him new armor and weapons before I buy anything for even my own character. The recommendation I think is usually to have your main pawn opposite of your own vocation. So grab a healer if youre and up close fighter. Get a fighter to tank if youre a ranged character. 

I grab one of each. You know you can hire 2 other pawns in addition to the one you have right? @Biggie

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

I actually haven't seen many fugly fucks. I wanna see some real monsters on the roads. I never deviate outside of slightly modified presets cuz I'm a lazy.  All I did on my character was change the nose, skintone, and eye color and then added a beard. With my pawn all I did was ears, skintone, and eyecolor.

Oh I've seen some HIDEOUS pawns... straight up nightmare fuel.

8 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Are there items that restore missing missing health bar or only resting does it?

I think eventually you do get items and spells that restore missing health. It's good to keep camping kits on you so you can rest out in the wild though. I discovered if you die and use a wakestone all of your health is fully restored. I was holding off on using them but sometimes it's worth it. I think I have three now.

30 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I feel like I am missing something. Enjoy this very poor display of combat.

Holy magic would have made that fight a lot easier... I don't think any of your pawns had any. Also you weren't using your quick commands on the D-Pad. I think by default a couple of the stronger healing potions are assigned to the D-pad but you should be able to switch them out. I noticed when you were using your abilities you never used a potion and always went into the menu to use herbs or berries wich don't heal as much. Can you grab this guy? i feel like you should be able to jump on him and grab him and bring him to the ground. Otherwise I was surprised you stuck it out and killed him. But yeah undead and skeletons are very weak against Holy magic.

• Like 1

Yeah my go to combo in the first game was fire and holy. But now your pawns point out more weaknesses, I invested in lightning, making it harder to make a choice between fire, lightning and then possibly holy in the future. I guess I could ditch my dispel and fire weapon enchantment 🤔

(After looking into resistances based on the first game it seems holy and fire almost always line up with more holy weaknesses, maybe I'll just ditch fire altogether. 🤔 )

41 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Holy magic would have made that fight a lot easier... I don't think any of your pawns had any. Also you weren't using your quick commands on the D-Pad. I think by default a couple of the stronger healing potions are assigned to the D-pad but you should be able to switch them out. I noticed when you were using your abilities you never used a potion and always went into the menu to use herbs or berries wich don't heal as much. Can you grab this guy? i feel like you should be able to jump on him and grab him and bring him to the ground. Otherwise I was surprised you stuck it out and killed him. But yeah undead and skeletons are very weak against Holy magic.

I just go to the menu to heal cuz it pauses the game. I don't care about "immersion healing", I'd rather have the breather. And I used small items because I don't have that much health lol. If you can grab the guy then I fucked it up. I tried twice but nothing happened. I also tried the rope a few times but it wouldn't bring him down either. And no holy. Only mage was level 9 with ice weapons and lightning magic.

• Halal 1