Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I did that quest with no problems. If the guards see you some place you shouldn't be they will attack you on sight. It's actually a pretty cool quest. I just wish they handled stealth better in thhis game. There's no crouch walk is there? There another quest where you have to sneak into an offical's office and I got discovered by guards and gang banged until they threw me in prison. No idea how they even saw me.

I got lucky then because guards absolutely saw me when I snuck into the office at night lol. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Yea, like I said above there should be more direction. Not hand holding but a bit more help. 

It's only frustrating to me when I feel like I pretty clearly have NOT been given the information I need / getting conflicting info. Tons of games do the "you need the right shit on or you're in trouble" thing, and there are various ways to account for that. The thing that got me was that the guy was like oh come the fuck on in and then all of a sudden I'm literally getting sliced to pieces. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I did that quest with no problems. If the guards see you some place you shouldn't be they will attack you on sight. It's actually a pretty cool quest. I just wish they handled stealth better in thhis game. There's no crouch walk is there? There another quest where you have to sneak into an offical's office and I got discovered by guards and gang banged until they threw me in prison. No idea how they even saw me.

Yeah other than music there's not a whole lot of feedback. And even on that sneaking into the prison one it's like one second everything is fine and the next they're out for blood. Like jesus did I look in the general direction I shouldn't? 

I assume gonna be minor complaints overall but when I've got slightly limited time it's frustrating. Now I gotta do the masquerade again and I'm not sure if I accidentally bumped someone or my clothes aren't fancy enough or what lol. 

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Do y’all talk to everyone? I try but damn there are so many people. 

You should talk to as many people and read as much as you can like old school RPG'S... otherwise you'll get stuck like some of the posters in this topic. One thing the first game had that they got rid of in this one is that the would identify people you should talk to with different colored talk bubbles. They completely took that away in this game.

Just now, Biggie said:

I wanna start over lol. I feel I rushed through the first town or whatever it was called. 

Start over then. I do that sometimes when I rush through beginnings to actually see how the game is. I really took my time with this game so I'm moving at a good pace. 

• Hugs 1

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Is that good or bad thing though?

It's more immersive. Honestly I haven't had the issues some of you guys are having... the Pawns tend to give you a lot of hints on where to go and you always have an idea of where you should be looking for stuff because the highlight the general vicinity. It's refreshing to not have quest markers telling you where to go from one mission standpoin to the next. Like I had a mission where I had to investigate this village... just talked to a bunch of folks, found a letter or two and the quest was completed... just from exploring and playing the game. It's one of the joys of this game in my opinion... the sense of discovery :shrug: It's what I liked about he first and what I like about this one. This game has a better story and better quests than the first one though.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I wanna start over lol. I feel I rushed through the first town or whatever it was called. 

I started over as well. Besides wanting to change the size of my character and pawn. I hate feeling like I missed stuff cause I didn’t know what I was doing. Enjoying it much more now. Also the archer sucks. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's more immersive. Honestly I haven't had the issues some of you guys are having... the Pawns tend to give you a lot of hints on where to go and you always have an idea of where you should be looking for stuff because the highlight the general vicinity. It's refreshing to not have quest markers telling you where to go from one mission standpoin to the next. Like I had a mission where I had to investigate this village... just talked to a bunch of folks, found a letter or two and the quest was completed... just from exploring and playing the game. It's one of the joys of this game in my opinion... the sense of discovery :shrug: It's what I liked about he first and what I like about this one. This game has a better story and better quests than the first one though.

So far I’m really enjoying it. I just hope it doesn’t become frustrating.  You know how I am lol

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

So far I’m really enjoying it. I just hope it doesn’t become frustrating.  You know how I am lol

It never gets frustrating with difficulty if that's what you're worried about. 

I'm still level 20 and knocking down quests. Having your own house to sleep in instead of spending money at an inn is nice.

I traveled quite a distance for a quest and forgot the item I needed to finish it lol. So I used a ferrystone to warp back to town because I wasn't spending another 30 minutes traveling back. 

39 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It never gets frustrating with difficulty if that's what you're worried about. 

I'm still level 20 and knocking down quests. Having your own house to sleep in instead of spending money at an inn is nice.

I traveled quite a distance for a quest and forgot the item I needed to finish it lol. So I used a ferrystone to warp back to town because I wasn't spending another 30 minutes traveling back. 

So.. When where do you get a house

Just now, best3444 said:

There's a quest to start it. I don't want to spoil anything. It did cost $20K though. 

OK. Thanks for that. Looking forward to not having to spend 2k to rest and lugging around 50pds of camping equipment

• Haha 2

Just now, eventide11 said:

OK. Thanks for that. Looking forward to not having to spend 2k to rest and lugging around 50pds of camping equipment

I struggle with weight management. The best I can do is being average. But I always keep a camping kit with me which really weighs you down. 

9 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I am really having fun with this game. I’m selling everything right now so that when I do come across the quest I can buy the house. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

I am really having fun with this game. I’m selling everything right now so that when I do come across the quest I can buy the house. 

Be careful with selling stuff because you need it to enhance your weapons at the shops. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I struggle with weight management. The best I can do is being average. But I always keep a camping kit with me which really weighs you down. 

Are you improving your gear? I haven’t even found out how to do it yet. Oh and I more thing….do the Pawns ever shut the fuck up? Goddamn their constant chatter is driving me nuts. 

angry arnold schwarzenegger GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Are you improving your gear? I haven’t even found out how to do it yet. Oh and I more thing….do the Pawns ever shut the fuck up? Goddamn their constant chatter is driving me nuts. 

angry arnold schwarzenegger GIF

You enhance gear at the shops you buy the weapons at. It requires items you're probably selling lol. 

Also, no, the pawns never shut up but I enjoy them. 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You enhance gear at the shops you buy the weapons at. It requires items you're probably selling lol. 

Also, no, the pawns never shut up but I enjoy them. 

Stuff seems plentiful so I will start keeping it. 

4 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I recently read you can use the same camping equipment over and over so no need to have multiple sets. Wish I'd known that 20 hrs ago

Wow this is great info!

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Wait. What quest. Sorry you're frustrated. 

It’s the masquerade quest. Part of the main story. I have all the proper attire on, no weapons equipped or anything, and I get attacked as soon as I enter. 

5 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I recently read you can use the same camping equipment over and over so no need to have multiple sets. Wish I'd known that 20 hrs ago

Wtf. How I didn't know this is baffling.

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Stuff seems plentiful so I will start keeping it.

Very true. 

Also I’ve noticed when there is a bunch of houses in a village to explore if you go to each one and loot whatever is in there it’ll leave a tiny little dot on the map each place you loot. Helps a lot with keeping track where you have been. 

• Halal 1

Just now, Paperclyp said:

It’s the masquerade quest. Part of the main story. I have all the proper attire on, no weapons equipped or anything, and I get attacked as soon as I enter. 

Wow. That's awful. Plus you can't load up a save because of how this is designed.