Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

Just now, best3444 said:

I just finished a cave. I went it at night and came out in day. I was so happy to see daylight!

That's been my general experience. I go to a cave and it's night by the time I get there and when I come out it's day.

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

When does it get difficult? I haven't ran into any real issues. I've definitely died but it's not that difficult as of yet. 

I'd say once you get some levels things might ramp up a bit. It hasn't been too difficult other than running into encounters when you're not ready or swarms of enemies are going at it.

I’ve seen comments elsewhere downplaying how this looks, as happens with any poor performing game “and it doesn’t even look good!” but as usual that’s all malarky and this looks fantastic - the lighting here is gonna be great in the new RE

• True 1

I see where they're coming from generally, but I find the discourse around this game to be a little strange. Every positive review seems hesitant to just say it's good without a million caveats that it's not for everyone, or it's better than the sum of its parts, or something like that. Whereas like, a more traditional game people are comfortable saying typical hyperbolic shit that they'll just say without batting an eye "one of the best RPGs ever / of the decade" or whatever. 

Have courage, reviewers. Good lord. Or at least be consistent. 

55 minutes ago, best3444 said:

When does it get difficult? I haven't ran into any real issues. I've definitely died but it's not that difficult as of yet. 

I spent 2 hours creating my character and was leaving the prison when I had to stop playing. About to play some more in a bit. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

I spent 2 hours creating my character and was leaving the prison when I had to stop playing. About to play some more in a bit. 

You have a lot to learn. Just be patient and enjoy. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

He isn't joking. Maybe you're not either. 

Nope. Ive been in that club since 1995.

48 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’ve seen comments elsewhere downplaying how this looks, as happens with any poor performing game “and it doesn’t even look good!” but as usual that’s all malarky and this looks fantastic - the lighting here is gonna be great in the new RE

Though the more a person has to dial back the visuals the worse it looks. The RT and global illumination really do give the world a warm natural look. With them turned down or completely off to try and fix a demanding game the more like an uprezzed Xbox 360 it begins to look like. Not unlike the videos and screens of Series S. It only really looks great if you can make it look great. And even when you can it doesn’t look like it is doing something that warrants the demands of the hardware it makes. It is different art styles, but it doesn’t seem as visually stunning as Horizon FW that just released on PC and performance is much better. 

• Hugs 2

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Nope. Ive been in that club since 1995.

Though the more a person has to dial back the visuals the worse it looks. The RT and global illumination really do give the world a warm natural look. With them turned down or completely off to try and fix a demanding game the more like an uprezzed Xbox 360 it begins to look like. Not unlike the videos and screens of Series S. It only really looks great if you can make it look great. And even when you can it doesn’t look like it is doing something that warrants the demands of the hardware it makes. It is different art styles, but it doesn’t seem as visually stunning as Horizon FW that just released on PC and performance is much better. 

Yeah it won’t win any awards for optimization for sure and yeah I’m seeing it at it’s absolute best but just saying it’s quite a nice looking game.

• True 2

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah it won’t win any awards for optimization for sure and yeah I’m seeing it at it’s absolute best but just saying it’s quite a nice looking game.

On your beast of a system it HAS to look good lol. On PS5 I'm completely satisfied. 

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like user error to me.

If you do the quest correctly, you go to the cave with the goblins and in that cave are the weapons and they are crappy weapons, and you turn that into the guy.

Now the quest says "find a greatsword or archstaff" which seems to apply to any one you pick up. I just so happened to pick up the one in the cave before any other weapon. Hell remember you can make fake duplicates of items in this game, you could have duped the ones you had and given him the fake (probably, I didn't try this)

If you can do it "incorrectly" then it's absolutely game error. 

For one, no one ever mentioned anything about a cave. Unless he mentioned a cave when he said goblins interfered with their delivery, which was a passing comment from several hours prior in my playthrough. For two, the NPC says to just find a weapon. Not to get some specific bad weapons from a cave. 

After turning in an archistaff, the weapons vendor started to talk about how I had "one of his weapons" (??? The archistaff wasn't even from the same race let alone this dude) and to turn it in to the vocation dude. Turn in the weapon I already turned in that was made by an entirely different race but is your human weapon...?

Clearly, the quest has some intended route where I was supposed to speak with someone that I didn't,  as my other quests naturally led me elsewhere. The game had no idea how to handle this and shat the bed. If freely approaching quests however you like in a non linear game proud of its limited direction and quest markers is user error, I expect we're all gonna have a lot of user error by the time this is done. 

spacer.png

This is Derrick. He is my pawn.

I hate Derrick. I hate his face and his stupid voice.

If you have the displeasure of crossing paths with Derrick and choose to hire him, be sure to treat him like the piece of dirt he is. Don't bother giving him a parting gift, as I will throw it away and scold him.

Feel free to order him to fight the troll alone. Laugh as he gets trampled by the Gryphon. If he calls for backup, just tell him to shut up. Just shut up, Derrick. I don't care about your damn blueberries.

If anyone is willing to trade for Derrick, I'll gladly take literally anything for him.

Fuck you, Derrick.

• Haha 4
  • Sicko Sherman 1

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

spacer.png

If you have the displeasure of crossing paths with Derrick and choose to hire him, be sure to treat him like the piece of dirt he is. Don't bother giving him a parting gift, as I will throw it away and scold him.

Feel free to order him to fight the troll alone. Laugh as he gets trampled by the Gryphon. If he calls for backup, just tell him to shut up. Just shut up, Derrick. I don't care about your damn blueberries.

If anyone is willing to trade for Derrick, I'll gladly take literally anything for him.

Fuck you, Derrick.

Can't wait to chuck him off a cliff.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

spacer.png

Fuck you, Derrick.

I only hire female pawns

• Halal 1

EersyQ5.png

Please hire my beautiful boy. Despite having no healing spells, he's a chirurgeon, so he's not afraid to dash towards you mid-combat to rub ointments and salves on whatever limb or digit is ailing you. He's also fond of getting REALLY excited about treasure chests. Like, REALLY excited.

• Like 2

I actually haven't seen many fugly fucks. I wanna see some real monsters on the roads. I never deviate outside of slightly modified presets cuz I'm a lazy.  All I did on my character was change the nose, skintone, and eye color and then added a beard. With my pawn all I did was ears, skintone, and eyecolor.