Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

I really like the inventory management here. Especially with camping kits being so heavy. I was about to walk all the way home but found a person selling items and bought a camping kit. Then there was a campfire near the ocean. So I rested and continued on my quest. 

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

I just go to the menu to heal cuz it pauses the game. I don't care about "immersion healing", I'd rather have the breather. And I used small items because I don't have that much health lol. If you can grab the guy then I fucked it up. I tried twice but nothing happened. I also tried the rope a few times but it wouldn't bring him down either. And no holy. Only mage was level 9 with ice weapons and lightning magic.

Maybe you can't grab him, but holy would have definitely made short work of it.

I may have made some questionable decisions all at once.

1. I don't know if you've seen this quest in the city but there is an elf that wants you to show him how to shoot a bow. Well, my vocation is not an archer but I took the quest anyway and switched to archer.

2. Then I decided to try an ox cart for the first time (seems few people have done this as the steam achievement for riding an ox cart is only 36%) The driver says where he's going but they don't show you a map or anything just the name of the place. So I said "fuck it" in the hopes it would get me closer to where I need to go. Sadly it went to some place completely way far away from where I needed to go.

So on my way back to where I was supposed to go, I seen these goblins fighting a dragon (A drake but a drake is a dragon right?)

Spoiler

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

and I said "nope" and went a different way, which instead lead up to a cyclops. Easier but I'm a low level archer now so it's a bit trickier. But the path I took I found a griffin's nest, no griffin, but the nest had a whole bunch of loot in it and a portcrystal, the first I've ever seen of one in the game. So I went down there picked it all up, but you can't go back up so I had to go through some foggy undead place to get back to the main road. I traveled through the night and though I probably should just go back to town and come back, then had to fight a damn Minotaur and by the time all that was over it was daytime again so I continued the elf quest with no rest and all the pawns are complaining and we are all low life. But I made it to the elf guy and back to the city. - Like a level 5 archer in the span of one journey

tl;dr a really long journey where a lot of shit happened. :p

Also, anyone see a bar fight before? These two people were whacking away at each other. I stopped the fight buy carrying one of the people. I wonder if it's a fight to the death otherwise. 🤔

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I’m not sure but I think one of my pawns is ridiculously OP for the level he’s at… he’s just destroying everything. Feels like a glitch. 

Edit: ooop yep not sure it’s a glitch but he’s absurdly OP haha. Need to dismiss his ass. My strength total is 217 as a level 18 fighter. He’s a level 18 thief and it’s 14,000 hahaha. Jesus. 

40 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I’m not sure but I think one of my pawns is ridiculously OP for the level he’s at… he’s just destroying everything. Feels like a glitch. 

Edit: ooop yep not sure it’s a glitch but he’s absurdly OP haha. Need to dismiss his ass. My strength total is 217 as a level 18 fighter. He’s a level 18 thief and it’s 14,000 hahaha. Jesus. 

I wonder if the pawn has max level gear somehow.

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I wonder if the pawn has max level gear somehow.

That's my guess. It's kind of a shame, he basically one-shotted the first dragon you encounter so I missed out on that fight. Oh well. It was kinda funny at the same time. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

That's my guess. It's kind of a shame, he basically one-shotted the first dragon you encounter so I missed out on that fight. Oh well. It was kinda funny at the same time. 

Is he an actual pawn from a player or one you got from one of the rifts in the wild? There are premium pawns and capcom created pawns out there so he could be one of those.

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm level 13. Where is everyone else at and how is the story when you get a bit further?

Level 20 and still haven't gotten past the first quest pretty much. (The first main one when you get to the capital)

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Level 20 and still haven't gotten past the first quest pretty much. (The first main one when you get to the capital)

I beat that quest today. Are you just exploring and leveling up?

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I'll take him

54 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is he an actual pawn from a player or one you got from one of the rifts in the wild? There are premium pawns and capcom created pawns out there so he could be one of those.

just to be clear...if the Pawn has a ID# attached to it its actually somebody's real Pawn right?

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

just to be clear...if the Pawn has a ID# attached to it its actually somebody's real Pawn right?

Usually it will tell you the gamertag of the person the pawn belongs to... at least it does on Xbox. One of the pawns I got from one of those broken riftstones is a Capcom created pawn because it says so.

I'm level 19 btw... you level up real fast in this game. People should know that leveling up only affects your base stats for you and your pawn. To make weapons and armor stronger you have to enhance them at blacksmiths.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Usually it will tell you the gamertag of the person the pawn belongs to... at least it does on Xbox. One of the pawns I got from one of those broken riftstones is a Capcom created pawn because it says so.

I'm level 19 btw... you level up real fast in this game. People should know that leveling up only affects your base stats for you and your pawn. To make weapons and armor stronger you have to enhance them at blacksmiths.

Well you can buy stronger weapons too...at least that's what I did. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Well you can buy stronger weapons too...at least that's what I did. 

Yeah but so far none of the weapons I've come across are stronger than the maxxed out daggers I have. I can't enhance them any further, but I'm using them until I come across some thing better. Same way i played the first game.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah but so far none of the weapons I've come across are stronger than the maxxed out daggers I have. I can't enhance them any further, but I'm using them until I come across some thing better. Same way i played the first game.

Yes. I bought a stronger sword and shield then enhanced them. Now nothing at the vendors is stronger atm. 

2 hours ago, nublood said:

Man, my archer sucks. But I’m gonna ride it out knowing full well there’s better classes. Yep. Gonna die on that hill. :dab:

Same. Don't love my character so I'm hoping they grow on me or I'm finding a cliff or a stressed out dragon

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: "A Brilliant Game In Need Of Technical Improvements" (Digital Foundry review)
1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yea okay. I’m playing on Series X and all three of my Pawns were from someone online. 

36 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Same. Don't love my character so I'm hoping they grow on me or I'm finding a cliff or a stressed out dragon

Your character as the one you made of you at the start? Or are you talking about a Pawn? You can change out Pawns in and out.  

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He was a pawn from a player for sure. And last night he was just normal, so he must have kitted him out between when I played. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Your character as the one you made of you at the start? Or are you talking about a Pawn? You can change out Pawns in and out.  

The one I made. I'm fickle I guess. I know you can change appearance etc at the capital so I'll just deal with it then. Love my pawn but not sure I want to keep them a mage or go sorcerer when it becomes available

11 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

The one I made. I'm fickle I guess. I know you can change appearance etc at the capital so I'll just deal with it then. Love my pawn but not sure I want to keep them a mage or go sorcerer when it becomes available

I’m not super happy with my character either. Wanna start over together? LOL

• Hugs 1