Final Fantasy VII 25th Anniversary Celebration, June 16 3:00 PT / 6:00 ET

Keyser_Soze

On 6/10/2022 at 8:07 AM, thedarkstark said:

Jesus, 25 years? This makes me feel so old. I remember it like it was yesterday.

And I was already in high school then. ..

On 6/11/2022 at 9:06 AM, GameDadGrant said:

“Please be excited.”

There will be plenty of excitement. Final Fantasy has a huge and passionate fan base. Rightfully so, it's an amazing series. 

• True 1

13 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

There will be plenty of excitement. Final Fantasy has a huge and passionate fan base. Rightfully so, it's an amazing series. 

Agreed on all fronts. I count myself among the FF fans.

It is kinda funny how they politely ask us to be excited. 😛 

• Thanks 1

S5VApSkekTwD94cAgQb25n-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

FFVII Remake Intergrade will also be compatible with the Steam Deck.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, the "visually enhanced" now-gen version that Square Enix launched on PS5 and PC via the Epic Games Store, is now coming to Steam. Not another year from now, either. Nope, FF7R lands on Steam tomorrow, June 17.

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh thank goodness it’s only three games. Whole thing could be done by like 2026, that’s quicker than I imagined!

Isn't Remake something like 15% of the original game? I'd imagine they're going to do something pretty different with the remaining content if they're looking to have it done in 2 more games.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Welp, that pretty much confirms FFVIIR is never coming to Xbox. If they were ever going to announce it, this would've been it. I wouldn't mind playing it on PS5, if I could actually get a PS5....

Its pretty clear Sony extended the exclusivity.  Why would Square make Crisis Core for Xbox but not FF7 Remake.  They clearly can't yet because of contractual obligations to Sony.  Now whether or not Sony paid to keep the entire Trilogy exclusive or not, who knows.  I doubt it.

I'd expect FF7 Remake to come to Xbox either next winter when Rebirth launched, or when the full Trilogy is done they finally drop them all for Xbox.

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Isn't Remake something like 15% of the original game? I'd imagine they're going to do something pretty different with the remaining content if they're looking to have it done in 2 more games.

Maybe the third game will be GASS and run over the course of another decade. 

I imagine the sequels, if not just the third one, will be more of an open world affair with much less detail and time spent for any individual city/landmark than Midgar.

30 minutes ago, legend said:

Fuck. They explicitly advertised Steam Deck support of the Steam version. Now I may have to buy Remake Intergrade again.

I have repurchased like 2/3rds of my ps5/switch libraries since the steam deck came out, even though I use my PC most of the time :silly:

Something about having the option of portability is incredibly appealing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

FF7 itself gets a lot less streamlined after Midgar.  I’m not really worried about that aspect of it.  More that they’ll make it feel more linear and closed in than it was.

On the positive, this was definitely one of the best announcements of not-E3.  FF7R2 coming so close to FF16 is legitimately surprising.  Plus a Crisis Core remake this year.  Square delivered.

• Halal 1

12 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I mean, time wise, its a very small part of the original, but narratively its probably the the most packed part of the game. Its where you meat almost every important character in the game. 

The og can be beaten in 35-40 hours, and its definitely obvious they are changing the story though. That was obvious when Tifa was questioning Cloud about her death, which is exactly the opposite of the original.