What time of the day do you exercise?

gamer.tv

Through necessity I either do my exercise between4-5pm, after work and before I get home, or 4am - 5am, before anyone gets up. Neither are ideal, but it happens. At my fittest and strongest, I was lucky to be able to do all my training between 10am and 12pm, then have a nap in the afternoon as well which was amazing.

I don't. I spend all day on my feet even I work and I walk everywhere. Calories in vs. calories out isn't an issue in terms of getting fat. One of my shoulders is also fucked, I can't even do one bench press without messing up my shoulder. And at this point I probably have so much scar tissue in my shoulder that surgery isn't even possible. 7-8 years of my rotator cuff constantly tearing and partially healing over and over again.

Thanks, American health care system.

I don't consider standing/walking "working out," but it does burn more calories than sitting down all day. I wore a fit bit for a while at one of my last jobs and I averaged walking about 8 miles a day. I worked that job full time for over 4 years. Getting fat was never something I had to worry about.

Since moving to New Orleans, I don't walk nearly as much and I also eat like a total piece of shit, I've actually gained weight for the first time in a decade.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't exercise anymore, but when I used to run, I always did it at night. 9, 10 or 11. Twisted my ankle several times, because my street was dark as shit, but I didn't have jackasses yelling things from their cars, when they passed me, and it was usually cooler.

Still trying to work this out. Ideally, I want to do three fitness sessions a week (long run, shorter - but faster - run and a horrific interval run) and then 2 body weight sessions. With 59 hours of work, a toddler and actually having a life makes it all tricky.

Then Rugby pre-season kicks off in July, so need to factor that in as well.

On 6/12/2022 at 9:03 PM, Derek said:

I don't exercise anymore, but when I used to run, I always did it at night. 9, 10 or 11. Twisted my ankle several times, because my street was dark as shit, but I didn't have jackasses yelling things from their cars, when they passed me, and it was usually cooler.

cooler as in neat or as in cold?

My workout routine has been so sporadic the last 2 years it’s basicallly whenever life allows. But I will say, even as a teenager, I always had my best workouts at night.  Even now I can get a shower at like 9pm, I’ll suddenly get an urge to go work out. Which is annoying because then I’ll want another shower. I just feel more focused at that time for some reason.

I completely dropped any martial arts during Covid, went back for a month to train at my old training partner's basement and stopped going again. Haven't done shit since and I'm not feeling great physically. Need to get my soong-to-be fat ass back into some workouts... 

So yeah, not a whole lot besides lifting a beer bottle to my face. 

• Haha 1