Andor (Disney+) - update: Season 2 filming has wrapped

• 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Andor (Disney+, 21 September 2022) - Official Trailer

That trailer looks fantastic. The genesis of the rebellion and the early days of it without Jedi is the period of Star Wars that I find most compelling.

I also love that one of the militia dudes at the beginning of the trailer has a blaster that is clearly an AK-47 :lol:

• Halal 1

49 minutes ago, CayceG said:

That trailer looks fantastic. The genesis of the rebellion and the early days of it without Jedi is the period of Star Wars that I find most compelling.

I also love that one of the militia dudes at the beginning of the trailer has a blaster that is clearly an AK-47 :lol:

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Shit, that looks really good. And I bet it does worse than Obi-Wan despite being 5x better. This looks like actual quality TV.

Post from someone on ResetERA who has seen the first four episodes - @ManUtdRedDevils @sblfilms @elbobo @Mercury33 @Brick @Jwheel86 @SoberChef @Kal-El814

I’ve seen the first four and it’s the most serious, grounded thing Star Wars has ever done. It feels more like an English-made espionage thriller than Star Wars. It is totally unconcerned with giving you fan service moments, and instead wants to delve into what it’s like for the bit players in this universe to wake up every morning and go about their day. This is not space opera. It’s more space drama. It’s slow, deliberate, complex (for Star Wars) and asks the viewer to do some work. It actually humanizes roles that are traditionally cartoon evil in the SW universe. It’s attempting to tell a grown up story, and I think a lot of fans are going to haaaate it. Both Gilroy’s presence is all over this thing. It’s got that cinema verite vibe that the core Bourne movies had going for them. Puts you in the world like never before. Whether the world can hold up to that level of scrutiny is up for debate, but it is fascinating.

• Halal 5

Awesome.

Where is this in the timeline relative to Rebels? 

2 hours ago, CayceG said:

The Rebels in Rogue One were carrying AR-15s with stuff taped on. Stoner and Kalashnikov aliens confirmed?

spacer.png

Andor didn't use ILM's StageCraft technology and went "practical" with its sets:

andor-excl.jpg?format=jpg&quality=80&wid
WWW.EMPIREONLINE.COM

The video wall used in Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Book Of Boba Fett and The Mandalorian wasn't used on the Rogue One spin-off. Read more at Empire.

• Thanks 2
  • Sicko Sherman 1

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Andor didn't use ILM's StageCraft technology and went "practical" with its sets:

WWW.EMPIREONLINE.COM

The video wall used in Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Book Of Boba Fett and The Mandalorian wasn't used on the Rogue One spin-off. Read more at Empire.

Thank GOD. Mandalorian used StageCraft to good effect, and overall I think the tech helps move the industry forward as another tool that is great for certain situations. BUT, it's clearly not a great tool for all situations, and honestly it looks pretty dated already, at least as-used by Disney. Nothing beats practical sets. 

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Thank GOD. Mandalorian used StageCraft to good effect, and overall I think the tech helps move the industry forward as another tool that is great for certain situations. BUT, it's clearly not a great tool for all situations, and honestly it looks pretty dated already, at least as-used by Disney. Nothing beats practical sets. 

Agree. 

The Volume is incredible. It's literally magic to me. But for all of its usefulness on Mando, it made a lot of scenes in Kenobi feel very claustrophobic. I'm very very excited for Andor. 

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.EMPIREONLINE.COM

I think both have their place in filmmaking, but it did seem as though it has had the unfortunate effect of shrinking the scale of scenes when over used. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

Agree. 

The Volume is incredible. It's literally magic to me. But for all of its usefulness on Mando, it made a lot of scenes in Kenobi feel very claustrophobic. I'm very very excited for Andor. 

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I think both have their place in filmmaking, but it did seem as though it has had the unfortunate effect of shrinking the scale of scenes when over used. 

Agreed with all of these. Glad it's not being used here, despite it truly being an incredible tool.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I think where it really excels is when you need a shot on an open field/landscape, but it needs to be something you can't find on Earth. 

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:
Andor.jpg?w=599
DEADLINE.COM

Tony Gilroy says the final scene of episode 24 of Andor will “walk the audience directly into the first scenes of Rogue One.”

First confirmation of season 2?

No, it's always been planned for two seasons, and I believe they shot both at the same time I think. It's mentioned as two seasons earlier in this thread as well. :)

• Halal 1