I am so disappointed in this board

Kamusha

I am so upset and disappointed in this board, but particularly @sblfilms He knows I am autistic. He knows I am trans. I have heard him express anti trans positions: And he always talks to me like I’m an idiot. When I call him out on it he lashes back because he probably because he doesn’t like being when a trans woman speaks her mind.

I am done with this board until I can be reassured that it will be less hostile towards me. This is my final word. Message me if you really care anymore. I get so much disrespect already as a trans comic in Florida so I’m not gonna deal with a on a message board to used to make me feel safe.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

I am so upset and disappointed in this board, but particularly @sblfilms He knows I am autistic. He knows I am trans. I have heard him express anti trans positions: And he always talks to me like I’m an idiot. When I call him out on it he lashes back because he probably because he doesn’t like being when a trans woman speaks her mind.

I am done with this board until I can be reassured that it will be less hostile towards me. This is my final word. Message me if you really care anymore. I get so much disrespect already as a trans comic in Florida so I’m not gonna deal with a on a message board to used to make me feel safe.

Ideally I hope you two can patch things up because I think you could get along, I hope he is open to being more sensitive knowing how much this has affected you. But otherwise, yes you can also block him if that helps, though again I hope you don’t feel you have to.

I have nothing else to add but I personally value and respect you and am glad you are part of the community and hope that we can be one that feels safe for you.

If anyone needs a quick rundown:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Right, exactly.

Also this is what pisses me off about Chappelle's bit linked earlier. Yeah, maybe some of the women Louie harassed do have a "brittle ass spirit." But who fucking cares, what does that have to do with anything? You don't know how people are going to react to stuff. I know people who were harassed and it really changed them meaningfully and for a long time. I know someone who was raped and for all intents and purposes it just kinda rolled off her back. 

10 hours ago, Kamusha said:

Big yikes. Maybe we should be talking about victims in a more respectful manner here. Attitudes like this are why women are afraid to speak out.

10 hours ago, sblfilms said:

That is quite clearly not Kal’s position

8 hours ago, Kamusha said:

It was easy to interpret that he was conceding that maybe some women were like that. He shouldn't be doing that. Period.

And please watch your tone. How is it "clearly" if I misunderstood? Unless you're implying that I must be stupid for not understanding something that is so "clear".

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I am so completely over the way you act like you're being picked on when people don't go along with what you think about a topic. 

1 hour ago, Kamusha said:

I am so over being talked down by you. You have expressed transphobic ideals before in the past. Your mask is off because you are talking to me with such disrespect. The audacity of you.

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've never really thought to use it. The hate just fueled me. :p

JK, I'm okay with him now. He definitely has some takes, but I'm not sure transphobia is one of them.

Same here. He and I don't agree on much of anything besides our tastes in movies but I've never seen him be transphobic or LGBT intolerant. I'm also not an authourity on the subject so my opinion means less than nothing.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Same here. He and I don't agree on much of anything besides our tastes in movies but I've never seen him be transphobic or LGBT intolerant. I'm also not an authourity on the subject so my opinion means less than nothing.

Fair. I try to be understanding and see how things could be perceived to other people, but with Bacon's rundown above, I just don't see it. But it's not the first time Kamusha has gotten extremely upset over something seemingly minor. I figure she'll be back.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Fair. I try to be understanding and see how things could be perceived to other people, but with Bacon's rundown above, I just don't see it. But it's not the first time Kamusha has gotten extremely upset over something seemingly minor. I figure she'll be back.

Oh trust me I know... I was in @sblfilmsshoes myself awhile back for something I said that was misinterpreted. Best case is to tread lightly especially when it comes to sensitive topics. That costs nothing.

• Like 1

Yeah kamusha, sblfilms had upset me in the past but I’m a sensitive type so his devils advocate can get your blood boiling.  But if you express that to him he does respond respectfully if you’re truly upset.  Turns out he’s a pretty decent guy just a bit of an argumentative type. I wouldn’t leave because of that.  He just apologized as well. I call him captain semantics!  He’s our debating super villain. Realize this and you’ll see he’s not a bad dude.

also, I’m sorry you were hurt here but please don’t leave. We need a good mix of people here.

Sblfilms is a friend and I’ve never known him to be even slightly transphobic. He just loves to argue to a fault, which tbh I do too so I can’t judge haha.

Youre a great poster kamusha and it would be a shame to see you leave. I think if his posts bother you so much you should just put him on ignore and carry on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Joe said:

Sblfilms is a friend and I’ve never known him to be even slightly transphobic. He just loves to argue to a fault, which tbh I do too so I can’t judge haha.

Youre a great poster kamusha and it would be a shame to see you leave. I think if his posts bother you so much you should just put him on ignore and carry on.

He has said

- Trans women shouldn’t be viewed as women

- Has been critical of trans activists going after JK Rowling

- That trans children are being pressured to take hormones

I assure you I’m not making this up. As a trans person I’m seeing things that cis users here aren’t seeing, and I assure you he has bigoted views. It’s no surprise he has those beliefs while also talking to me like I’m an idiot.

I’m just done with this. I experienced a very upsetting instance of transphobia in my personal life earlier this week and I just don’t have the patience to deal with it on here anymore. I’m not gonna read this thread because its too painful for me, but DMs will go to my email.

But it is curious to reflexively defend a cis person rather than take a silenced minority (trans person) at their word.