Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

Here's an easier synopsis:

He could have spent $6 billion to help stop world hunger and keep 42 million from starving (which was their initial claim despite the wrong headline). They wanted the world's richest people to step up; that was their point.

He spent 8 times that amount to buy Twitter because people get banned for saying hateful shit. 

If you're still going to argue this, when he just proved them right (rich people need to step up, he didn't), then your penis gets way too hard over semantics, my friend.

8 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

No, he didn't. The claim was: "$6 billion to help 42 million people that are literally going to die if we don't reach them. It's not complicated."

They then provided the receipts.

Not their fault the initial headline was wrong. However, it is Elon's fault that he couldn't provide 6 billion to prevent 42 million from starving unless he's the kind of guy who only reads the headline.

Read your own link 😂

The pledge:

"If WFP can describe on this Twitter thread exactly how $6 billion will solve world hunger, I will sell Tesla stock right now and do it," tweeted Musk

the response:

About $3.5 billion of a roughly $6 billion donation would go toward buying food for people mostly in Africa and the Middle East, including Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of the Congo,  Sudan, South Sudan and Yemen, according to the U.N. The money would also fund the distribution of food in those and other countries by air, river or truck. 

All told, the U.N. said its proposed plan would feed 42 million starving people. The WFP proposal also calls for:

So the tweet accurately describes Musk’s pledge, but falsely claims the UN met the terms of the pledge.

54 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Read your own link 😂

The irony is that you didn't follow the story at all.

211026131526-elon-musk-0923-super-tease.
WWW.CNN.COM

A small group of ultra-wealthy individuals could help solve world hunger with just a fraction of their net worth, says the director of the United Nations' World Food Programme.

That was the claim. That's it. The rich have a ton of money, and we can help keep 42 million from starving if someone like Elon donated a fraction of his total wealth and stepped up.

He stepped up by spending 8 times that buying Twitter.

Like, you're missing the forest for the trees just so you can jack off to semantics.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

The irony is that you didn't follow the story at all.

211026131526-elon-musk-0923-super-tease.
WWW.CNN.COM

A small group of ultra-wealthy individuals could help solve world hunger with just a fraction of their net worth, says the director of the United Nations' World Food Programme.

That was the claim. That's it. The rich have a ton of money, and we can help keep 42 million from starving if someone like Elon donated a fraction of his total wealth and stepped up.

He stepped up by spending 8 times that buying Twitter.

Like, you're missing the forest for the trees just so you can jack off to semantics.

It isn’t semantics at all. You posted a tweet with a false statement, based on your own links. Musk pledged 6 billion if they could show how it would end world hunger, they produced no such thing. It doesn’t matter that the guy initially made the more ambiguous claim of “help solve”, the point of the tweet is what Musk pledged to do and what the WFP responded with and the tweeter lied.

The accurate version of the tweet would be “WFP offered plan for Musk to help feed 42 million people for a year, Musk didn’t do that, but later bought Twitter” as that is actually what occurred :p 

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It isn’t semantics at all. You posted a tweet with a false statement, based on your own links. Musk pledged 6 billion if they could show how it would end world hunger, they produced no such thing. It doesn’t matter that the guy initially made the more ambiguous claim of “help solve”, the point of the tweet is what Musk pledged to do and what the WFP responded with and the tweeter lied.

The accurate version of the tweet would be “WFP offered plan for Musk to help feed 42 million people for a year, Musk didn’t do that, but later bought Twitter” as that is actually what occurred :p 

It is semantics. He's pledging $6 billion if they could show $6 billion ends world hunger.

They never said that.

Their point is: "Rich people need to step up. 2% of Elon's wealth can help 42 million people." They showed how.

He spent 7-8 times that amount on Twitter. They wanted him to step up and he bought Twitter instead.

The tweet makes a great point, but like Elon, you're jacking it to the headline and not paying attention to their point.

25 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It is semantics. He's pledging $6 billion if they could show $6 billion ends world hunger.

They never said that.

Their point is: "Rich people need to step up. 2% of Elon's wealth can help 42 million people." They showed how.

He spent 7-8 times that amount on Twitter. They wanted him to step up and he bought Twitter instead.

The tweet makes a great point, but like Elon, you're jacking it to the headline and not paying attention to their point.

I understand why despite your journalism education, you’re just a weather man

(leaving for posterity, but editing for clarity, this was a dumb joke and not meant seriously. @SaysWho?is my ride or die)

35 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I understand why despite your journalism education, you’re just a weather man

Putting aside multiple journalism awards on my part and meteorologists getting paid more than reporters (in other words, I'm good at everything), this isn't the first time you got so chin-deep in semantics that you missed an obvious point and then threw a fit. But not of all us can

*checks notes since this is a Twitter thread*

own a movie theater and sell popcorn.

I'm sorry you chose this hill to die on.

EDIT: It's all good.

• Haha 2

Just now, sblfilms said:

Uhhhh, I hope nobody is taking the recent exchange remotely seriously. @SaysWho?is like a brother in my eyes. I hope he especially didn't think I meant it. If so, man I am sorry. 

I really thought you did, bro, but I forgive it because it seemed more in-the-moment and not the way you actually see me.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

I really thought you did, bro, but I forgive it because it seemed more in-the-moment and not the way you actually see me.

No man, not meant at all. Like the dumb stuff my IRL brothers say to each other when at an impasse over something silly. My sincerest apologies, friend. 

Also sbl isn't kidding: my gf (oh shit @stepee gonna notice this!) actually knows who I'm talking about when I say, 'My friend from Houston," despite never meeting him yet. We're watching Jeopardy and I literally just asked her, "Remember my friend from Houston?" and she said, "Yeah, why?" :lol: 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Also sbl isn't kidding: my gf (oh shit @stepee gonna notice this!) actually knows who I'm talking about when I say, 'My friend from Houston," despite never meeting him yet. We're watching Jeopardy and I literally just asked her, "Remember my friend from Houston?" and she said, "Yeah, why?" :lol: 

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

No man, not meant at all. Like the dumb stuff my IRL brothers say to each other when at an impasse over something silly. My sincerest apologies, friend. 

Are you two Canadians?

• Haha 1

Now that this looks real, I've deactivated my account. I know I barely used it and it was mostly because twitter made it impossible to read people's tweet threads recently but if I'm not going to read twitter on my own anymore why do I need the account. 

American Horror Story Burn GIF by AHS

10 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Now that this looks real, I've deactivated my account. I know I barely used it and it was mostly because twitter made it impossible to read people's tweet threads recently but if I'm not going to read twitter on my own anymore why do I need the account. 

So you were one of those

17 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I'm leaning toward wanting to see him actually do the things people are (very understandbly) worried he's going to do to the site before bailing.

If you use Twitter as just a very finely curated feed of particular topics, and not an interactive platform, I find it to be very pleasant and there really is nothing Musk could push as a change that would impact my usage. I’ve almost completely switched over usage to a new account that is 99% baseball related. Unless you actually look for replies, you miss all the junk and toxicity.

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If you use Twitter as just a very finely curated feed of particular topics, and not an interactive platform, I find it to be very pleasant and there really is nothing Musk could push as a change that would impact my usage. I’ve almost completely switched over usage to a new account that is 99% baseball related. Unless you actually look for replies, you miss all the junk and toxicity.

Same, I ONLY get Warhammer and general aviation posts on my feed. I had to cut video games out because it was a real cesspool.

To be honest I don't care much for Twitter or FB but have more reasons to still keep FB around but really only had twitter for some old API development I did on a game and more recently because twitter made it impossible to read tweet threads without an account so I used it to keep tabs on 2 people regarding Taito Egret II mini hacking. I didn't follow anybody else or really care. I felt the platform was ok for news aggregation but recent changes and the continued reduced performance I've been seeing has pushed me further away from wanting to use them. With that said I'm not an "anything musk touches is shit" as I very much like following SpaceX but really I don't have a good feeling or opinion on the future of twitter (TBH I wouldn't either of FB if not for knowing where the Oculus side is heading which excites me).

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

Same, I ONLY get Warhammer and general aviation posts on my feed. I had to cut video games out because it was a real cesspool.

Bruh if you only get Warhammer shit on your feed, you get fashy shit on your feed.

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I suspect this is somewhat topic related. I follow a bunch of tabletop game creators, several of them are queer and / or trans and they get a ton of shit for simply existing.

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

i suspect this is somewhat topic related. I follow a bunch of tabletop game creators, several of them are queer and / or trans and they get a ton of shit for simply existing.

Who are you following that is giving them the business for that, and why do you follow people who behave that way?

Or do you mean in the replies? Because I said, don’t go look for the replies because you will definitely get the toxicity in the replies to *every* topic.