Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

Worth a read in case you’re on the fence about Musk having a clue as to what he’s getting himself into (reader, he does not):

techdirt-white-square.png
WWW.TECHDIRT.COM

Lots of talk yesterday as Elon Musk made a hostile takeover bid for all of Twitter. This was always a possibility, and one that we discussed before in looking at how little Musk seemed to understan…

VVXTASJVGZJ3LK36B4VLRBDVFU.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Buyout firm Thoma Bravo LP has contacted Twitter Inc to express interest in putting together an acquisition offer that would rival Tesla Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk's $43 billion bid, people...

Buyout firm Thoma Bravo LP has contacted Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) to express interest in putting together an acquisition offer that would rival Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) Chief Executive Elon Musk's $43 billion bid, people familiar with the matter said on Friday.

Thoma Bravo, a private equity firm that had more than $103 billion in assets under management as of the end of December, has informed Twitter that it is exploring the possibility of putting together a bid, the sources said.

It is not clear how much Thoma Bravo would be prepared to offer and there is no certainty that such a rival bid will materialize, the sources cautioned, asking not to be identified because the matter is confidential.

To be clear, the plan is not to stop Musk from buying the company, the plan is to stop him from gaining a controlling interest via open market purchases. The board could still accept his offer.

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

Probably.  But doesn't make it less funny.

I think it's more telling that the woman who retweeted it said that Trudeau controls the media in Canada, and what that says about your bubble. The media in Canada is notoriously anti-Liberal, especially ownership. Even Torstar is owned by a Conservative group, now. I expect in the next election we'll see a clean sweep of CPC endorsements. Heck, in 2015 when it was clear Harper had to go, most of the media still endorsed him.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think it's more telling that the woman who retweeted it said that Trudeau controls the media in Canada, and what that says about your bubble. The media in Canada is notoriously anti-Liberal, especially ownership. Even Torstar is owned by a Conservative group, now. I expect in the next election we'll see a clean sweep of CPC endorsements. Heck, in 2015 when it was clear Harper had to go, most of the media still endorsed him.

When was the last time Torstar endorsed a Conservative Candidate?  1974

The only media source that I am aware of that is blatantly/unabashedly pro-Conservative and anti-Liberal is the Postmedia group of Newspapers. 

Toronto Star (both the Star and the Spec) and english-language CBC (Radio, TV and Internet) are blatantly/unabashedly anti-Conservative.

I don't watch enough TV to have formed an opinion on Global/CTV News/City -- however, based on a lot of tweets from their reporters, the guys on the street certainly skew Liberal.

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

When was the last time Torstar endorsed a Conservative Candidate?  1974

They were only recently bought, and they just appointed a new CEO this week that is a conspiracy but who claimed last year that vaccine passports were tyrannical. I bet they endorse Poilievre in the next election.

35 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

They were only recently bought, and they just appointed a new CEO this week that is a conspiracy but who claimed last year that vaccine passports were tyrannical. I bet they endorse Poilievre in the next election.

They were purchased almost 2 years ago by a consortium that includes Jordan Bitove, Paul Rivett and former Premier of Ontario David Peterson (Liberal). The paper endorsed Trudeau in the 2021 election, and its editorial room remains fiercely anti-Conservative today. I can’t speak to what may or may not happen in the future. 

Dictator DeSantis does not approve:

f2120883d1577afd2103d55a0b4b0a88
CA.STYLE.YAHOO.COM

Florida's state pension fund holds just under 1 million shares in Twitter, whose board enacted a shareholder defense to make it harder for Musk's takeover.