How do you people sleep at night?

TheLeon

2 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

On my right side, left leg over, single pillow. 6 hours later wake up and wish I could sleep another 3 hours. Repeat for eternity. 

You're a father with a baby so 6 hours is all you’re getting, pal. 

I make sure to get 8+ hours a night.

I allow for 8-10 hours a night (the fuck else am I doing with my life?) but usually end up only getting about 6, feeling like I got 2. Stiff and sore every day, no matter what position I sleep in or what kind of pillows I use. I’ve been trying the memory foam thing for years, but now I’m thinking I might have better luck with the old innerspring style, as long as I don’t cheap out too much. 

• Sad 1

Had a friend with too much money buy a king size foam mattress. Husband ended up not liking it so they gave it to us. I forget who makes it, either puffy or purple or something. It's fine. I think my body is just changing with age. I used to be a side sleeper but now that seems to make my shoulders stiff/ache by morning so I've turned into a back sleeper. 

5 hours ago, Dodger said:

Got some pillow top mattress with a feathered pillow. Sleep pretty good most nights. Invest in a decent mattress.

That’s what I thought I was doing with these trendy memory foam mattresses. Luckily I’m getting a small bonus this month, so I should be able to get something decent without draining my modest savings. My sister swears by Original Mattress Factory, and I think something like this one might work for me. 

6 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I started to use a sound machine at night and my sleep got much better. 

I’ve always been a great sleeper but I started using sound apps on my phone many moons ago.  It started with my 1st year roommate and he got me hooked on white noise.  Now I have a rain app on my phone and that’s my go to.  I’m picky though.  Can’t have thunder and don’t like forest sounds where I can find the loop.

6 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

I’ve always been a great sleeper but I started using sound apps on my phone many moons ago.  It started with my 1st year roommate and he got me hooked on white noise.  Now I have a rain app on my phone and that’s my go to.  I’m picky though.  Can’t have thunder and don’t like forest sounds where I can find the loop.

I got pretty sick in November and had a hard time sleeping. My doctor recommended me a sound machine since I didn’t want to take any sleep medicine. I have been using a rain sound on YT ever since and my sleep has improved.

17 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I typically sleep about 5-6 hours. Right now it sucks because I don't own any pillows, but I manage it. On my days off I usually nap in the late afternoon.

My man, send me your Amazon wishlist for house warming for Pete’s sake

7 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I got pretty sick in November and had a hard time sleeping. My doctor recommended me a sound machine since I didn’t want to take any sleep medicine. I have been using a rain sound on YT ever since and my sleep has improved.

Yes. When my brother passed I couldn't sleep so I started using a rain app. It really worked!

17 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

I’m picky though.  Can’t have thunder and don’t like forest sounds where I can find the loop.

I was the same. I couldn't stand thunder or forest sounds. You're not alone. 

22 hours ago, best3444 said:

You're a father with a baby so 6 hours is all you’re getting, pal. 

I make sure to get 8+ hours a night.

I don’t say it out loud…but she sleeps about 10 hours every night (7am to 5am+). If I had my way, I’d be asleep by 8pm but, bonding time with my wife, some leisure time, or work has always stymied that plan.