GOOD NEWS EVERYONE. . . . Hulu New Season of Futurama (July 24th/Trailer Added)

silentbob

2 hours ago, ort said:

I mean, okay. Sure I guess.

I loved this show, but it got a little weird/bad toward the end. Not sure if we really need more. The world has a lot of Futurama.

Yeah I seem to remember loving the initial run. Had all the DVD box sets. Then they started releasing movies or something that didn't seem to hold my attention as much. Then more episodes later on which were fine I guess. I'm interested in more Futurama.... but I don't know..... 

futurama-serious.gif

The finale formed a cool loop for the series.

I wonder how they will deal with that.

Anyway, the movies were really up and down, but I felt when the series came back for real it had some of the best episodes of it's entire run. But the last season or two did finally fall off in quality. Nothing close to the Simpsons, though. I am not sure Futurama really has anything left to say, but I'll give it a shot.:shrug:

They should all be in the room with The Professor saying “and that is what would happen if we were a Comedy Central universe. Any questions?” As he turns off his What If machine with some infinity stone looking like gauntlet. Kind of start fresh again in some ways, but maybe carry over some of the better story lines of what they saw. Either way, the writers are pretty much geniuses and will figure things out.

professor farnsworth GIF 

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

love Futurama, but...there's no need for this. The ending was perfect, even if the last few seasons were not as great as the first few. 

As I said in my thread title on this, it's digging up the corpse so they can keep flogging it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
john_dimaggio_bender_futurama.jpg
WWW.SYFY.COM

Back in March, Futurama fans rejoiced when news broke that John DiMaggio would return to voice the beloved robot Bender for Hulu's upcoming revival of the...

DiMaggio noted that the plan in his absence had been for Hulu and 20th Century Television to recruit a kind of rotating cast of guest stars to play Bender instead, with a new voice taking over the role each episode rather than a single actor taking on the character.

Thank god he decided to do it. Celebrity guest Bender VAs sounds f’n awful.

• 2 months later...

The episode titles for Futurama's comeback:

"The Impossible Stream,"

"Rage Against The Vaccine,"

"Zapp Gets Cancelled,"

"The Prince And The Product,"

"Related To Items You've Viewed,"

"Children Of A Lesser Bog,"

"How The West Was 1010001,"

"I Know What You Did Last Xmas,"

"Parasites Regained,"

"All The Way Down."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, silentbob said:

The episode titles for Futurama's comeback:

"The Impossible Stream,"

"Rage Against The Vaccine,"

"Zapp Gets Cancelled,"

"The Prince And The Product,"

"Related To Items You've Viewed,"

"Children Of A Lesser Bog,"

"How The West Was 1010001,"

"I Know What You Did Last Xmas,"

"Parasites Regained,"

"All The Way Down."

I hope they're tackling anti-vaxxers in the above episode. :lol:

• Halal 1

• 8 months later...
  • silentbob changed the title to GOOD NEWS EVERYONE. . . . Hulu New Season of Futurama (July 24th)
4 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Had some more free time the last 2 weeks and started rewatching Futurama. I really forgot how hilarious I find the show. So many little jokes and jabs sprinkled throughout every episode. Love it. 

I rewatched it recently and you know what struck me? Isn't it crazy that Futurama only has 150 episodes?

I know, that is not exactly a small amount of episodes for a show, especially when compared to modern day shortened seasons, but for a show the stature of Futurama it surprised me.

Especially when you consider that that 150 includes the 4 movies as 4 episodes each AND that is including the 10 new episodes that haven't aired yet. So really it's more like 124 episodes, so far.

Compare that to other animated shows that would probably come to mind when you think of shows as significant as Futurama. Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill. They all have 2, 3, or even 4x as many episodes as Futurama.

• True 1

18 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I rewatched it recently and you know what struck me? Isn't it crazy that Futurama only has 150 episodes?

I know, that is not exactly a small amount of episodes for a show, especially when compared to modern day shortened seasons, but for a show the stature of Futurama it surprised me.

Especially when you consider that that 150 includes the 4 movies as 4 episodes each AND that is including the 10 new episodes that haven't aired yet. So really it's more like 124 episodes, so far.

Compare that to other animated shows that would probably come to mind when you think of shows as significant as Futurama. Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill. They all have 2, 3, or even 4x as many episodes as Futurama.

Part of that is from (mostly) ending before it got bad. Simpsons for instance only has less than 300 episodes in the seasons people actually care about, less than double the number of Futurama episodes if you cut it off at season 10.

• 1 month later...
  • silentbob changed the title to GOOD NEWS EVERYONE. . . . Hulu New Season of Futurama (July 24th/Trailer Added)

I'm a big fan of this show, I didn't really vibe with the last several seasons / years or whatever... and I really don't know if we need this or not... but that trailer actually looked good and I guess I'll check it out... why not...

I really liked the trailer when I was at work. Now that I’m home and high as a fucking kite I FUCKING LOVED IT! I almost lost it at the end with “will burrow ourselves out” “Burrow, Burrow” :lol: Here’s hoping this means it streams on Disney+ for Canadians or airs on our Adult Swim.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 6:53 PM, DarkStar189 said:
Spoiler

I thought side lining the main character off for half the episode was a weird choice for the first episode back after so long.

Spoiler

So have you seen the second episode?