Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Oversight commission rules invocation of Emergency Act by Trudeau was warranted

Ottawa's fundamental policing problem is that they allowed the convoy to set up a permanent overnight presence, and then, after it happened, didn't intervene when the numbers fell on Tuesday/Wednesday.

But this is a common problem when Canadian police dealing with protests -- just like the encampments in Toronto's park, Caledonia, the CN rail blockade, the pipeline protests, etc.

In Vancouver:

They fucked up here in Vancouver and went along Terminal towards Main Street. There's no way to get off it once you're on, and now they're blocked by counter protestors. They're making life horrible for them here and it's incredible. All major arteries blocked off by counter protestors. They're all stuck sitting on the highway with no way into the city

EDIT:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently the convoy heading into Vancouver (the one that was tricked and trapped by counter-protestors) was also egged on the way into the city. Like...you're going into a very diverse metropolitan city of 2.5 million people where 95%+ of the eligible population is vaccinated...do you think you're going to get a warm welcome?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

3.8 million? lol

There is definitely a solid 20-30% that agree with the general aim of the protests (that all restrictions should be dropped, etc). But the actual amount of people all across Canada today that are engaging in the protests is, what, under 20,000? 30,000? And in most of the cities there are counter-protests. The actual protests do tap into a sense of displeasure with the current state of the pandemic...but polls show an overwhelming majority of Canadians disagree with not only the aim of the protests, but even more so the reality of the protests. It's basically the anti-Trudeau movement, an assortment of legitimate people (though misguided), and a bunch of crazies. And let's not kid and think that the goal of the protests is just to end restrictions. The core of it is not just anti-restriction, it's anti-vax, anti-mask, anti-government, anti-immigrant, etc.

EDIT - Ah, in previous tweets there is some added context—that 3.8 million isn't the number actually participating, it's the amount of anti-vaxxers. Okay...and? 

• True 1

I end up walking around some of this in TO today to go grab some soup noodles with the wife. I saw a lot of US flags and 1 don’t tread on me which was stupid. There was a hard core police presence all around, it seems like they were closing more streets as the day went on.

I can see tomorrow being a lot more tame then today.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:53 PM, CitizenVectron said:

That's a lot of fuel and propane stored in a dangerous manner, especially with them setting off fireworks nightly.

You’re trying to tell me that the cornerstone of Conservative politics has been and always will be utter hypocrisy?  This is brand new information.

• True 1