Canadian Insurrection | UPDATE - Oversight commission rules invocation of Emergency Act by Trudeau was warranted

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

From that article above:

No one is saying that 100% of the people there are all nazis, etc. But...there hasn't been an internal movement kick out the nazis and racists. That says a lot. They are willing to have them as allies if it means getting their way.

In a protest, it is very difficult for "leadership" to cull unwanted people.  [i.e. how rioters infiltrated BLM protests and turned them violent.]

Any mandate protest was always going to attract unwanted alt-right people joining the protest.

That doesn't mean that the "core group" have a message that is cohesive or coherent either. 

So far, the protests have largely been peaceful and within the bounds of a decent protest.  As the numbers dwindle, this protest will likely fizzle out.  Although, the police will probably be brought in to clear out the last of the hardcore in a few days.

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Police when white people paralyze an entire downtown, including attacking ambulances:

FKcU70CVcAMYaUE?format=jpg&name=large

Police when Indigenous elders protest a pipeline:

FKcU70CUcAAzAyo?format=jpg&name=large

How long did those protests go on before the police moved in?

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Great.

Now order the RCMP to do something.

If history is a guide, Canadian police won't move in on a non-violent protest without a court order.  And, even then, the police chief still has significant autonomy on making decisions -- and most of them focus on de-escalation, rather than confrontation.

I don't think Trudeau CAN order in the RCMP and I'm pretty sure the RCMP doesn't have jurisdiction over this protest.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Elsewhere in Canada…

To answer the question, one event contains elements that advocate the violent overthrow of the Canadian government while the other is primarily concerned with the existence of a foreign state and ostensibly does not advocate the overthrow of the Canadian government.

47 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

To answer the question, one event contains elements that advocate the violent overthrow of the Canadian government while the other is primarily concerned with the existence of a foreign state and ostensibly does not advocate the overthrow of the Canadian government.

Correct. And one is much, much smaller. Not to defend what they are saying. I am anti-Israel in a lot of things, but I am not calling for the destruction of their state, or the murder of any of their people.

Well we are already getting special weather statements for a huge 2.5-3 day snow storm. We could easily be getting another 1-2 feet of snow starting Wed morning into Friday possibly. If they don’t leave soon, they just might get stuck in the snow. Snow clearing will become a pain in the ass because they won’t let the plows do their job. They have been whipping rocks/pebbles at Ambulances while on the job. So here’s hoping they run out of gas and suffer the cold for their stupidity, but I would be more happy if they just fucking left

58 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The truck convoy protest is a lot of dumb things.  it is not, however, a violent attempt to overthrow the Canadian government. 

Untitled-design-2.png
INNOVATIVERESEARCH.CA

Thirty-one percent (31%) of Canadians support the idea of the “truckers’” protest while 38% support bringing back the exemption for unvaccinated truck drivers.  These are the […]

CTM21201-Webpost-Image-.png

Much higher proportion of the populations supports it than I would have anticipated.