The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Latest: Season 2 commences filming. Set catches fire.

TwinIon

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I refuse to watch purely based on the thumbnail. I assume it's a rage-bait video detailing that they pitched an "annoying" female lead or something?

It’s a YouTube series like cinema sins, they do the same style thumbnail for everything.

ie: 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I refuse to watch purely based on the thumbnail. I assume it's a rage-bait video detailing that they pitched an "annoying" female lead or something?

Lol no it's a tongue-in-cheek series pointing out the silliness in movies and shows. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I saw the thumbnail too and also skipped it. Then I blocked the channel. 

13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I’ve never watched Pitch Meeting but afaik it’s the same style as Cinema Sins, Honest Trailers, etc and isn’t click bait or outright derogatory.

Comparing them and Honest Trailers to Cinema Sins is insulting. Cinema Sins sucks, and take themselves way too seriously, and are nitpicky and pedantic. They're awful, and encourage bad film criticism. HT and PT are very clearly joking around when they poke fun at things. 

• Confused 1
  • Halal 2

• 3 months later...
  • GeneticBlueprint changed the title to The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Season 2 commences filming. Set catches fire.
  • GeneticBlueprint changed the title to The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Latest: Season 2 commences filming. Set catches fire.

From the The Hollywood Reporter article that I posted:

While Amazon, like other streamers, provides only limited data — and internally, it held information even more closely than usual on the series — sources confirm that The Rings of Power had a 37 percent domestic completion rate (customers who watched the entire series). Overseas, it reached 45 percent. (A 50 percent completion rate would be a solid but not spectacular result, according to insiders).

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:
galadriel-rings-of-power-1661966886851.j
WWW.IGN.COM

A fire broke out on the set of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power while the show was filming its second season in the UK. The fire, which was reportedly started by an electrical fire, did not harm any...

Pippin didn't understand the assignment. 

39 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

From the The Hollywood Reporter article that I posted:

I've done my part and watched it through three times so far. :blush:

• Halal 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 11:49 PM, Nokra said:

Pippin didn't understand the assignment. 

I've done my part and watched it through three times so far. :blush:

Same. Twice here though. I actually came to post this article as I hadn’t seen it till now. 

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
WWW.FORBES.COM

Amazon’s Lord Of The Rings drama, The Rings Of Power, was a flop. Here's what went wrong with the most expensive show ever made.

im actually shocked. It was the best new show last year, imo. I knew it got hate, but those numbers seem bad.

35 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Same. Twice here though. I actually came to post this article as I hadn’t seen it till now. 

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200
WWW.FORBES.COM

Amazon’s Lord Of The Rings drama, The Rings Of Power, was a flop. Here's what went wrong with the most expensive show ever made.

im actually shocked. It was the best new show last year, imo. I knew it got hate, but those numbers seem bad.

This article reads like a hate post made by an angry Redditor. Absolute garbage. 

• True 1

11 minutes ago, CayceG said:

This article reads like a hate post made by an angry Redditor. Absolute garbage. 

I know Amazon signed for the second season right out of the gate, but if it had truly flopped then I'm sure Amazon could have paid a penalty (or maybe not even needing a penalty if the numbers were sufficiently bad?) to back out of doing the second season. 

18 minutes ago, CayceG said:

He’s not the only reviewer who hated it, and im not speaking of right wing media. I really, truly don’t understand it. It wasn’t perfect, but I had a great time with it and would recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy or Tolkien. 

But it also doesn’t change that the numbers for it are awful. He’s correct that the sign of success is increasing viewership. It definitely doesn’t bode well for its future.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know Amazon signed for the second season right out of the gate, but if it had truly flopped then I'm sure Amazon could have paid a penalty (or maybe not even needing a penalty if the numbers were sufficiently bad?) to back out of doing the second season. 

didn’t they cut the S2 budget by a lot, or am I misremembering that?

• Halal 1

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's always been a planned five seasons, and I imagine Amazon may even be contractually obligated when they were getting the rights to have to do all five seasons (this is speculation on my part). Either way, with the amount of money Amazon's thrown at this, I can assure you, they will likely do at least 3-4 seasons.

48 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Didn't they spend like $450 million on the first season? It definitely wouldn't surprise me if they don't go THAT heavy again.

But a lot of that is probably costs for set building that all get listed on the first season's budget and then are assets they can keep using going forward, right? 

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I think I made it like 2.5 episodes into Wheel of Time before giving it up.

Oh man, at least you didn’t have to see 7&8. I felt I had to give my favourite fantasy story of all time at least that much of a chance, but man, did it ever just get worse.

I just started rereading because pf Kal lol.

That’s not fair, I did have the itch. Im looking forward to book 2&3.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jason said:

:dumpster_fire: incoming people 

Ring-of-Power-2.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
VARIETY.COM

'The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power' showrunners J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay will not be on set for the final days of production on Season 2.

If the writing was done and the filming was (obviously) within 3-4 days of being finished… who cares? It would probably be more of a mess to pause the final few shoots for weeks/months amid the strike then to just finish it.

• True 1

On 5/4/2023 at 6:25 PM, Fizzzzle said:

Doesn't seem like that much of a big deal

On 5/4/2023 at 11:14 PM, Spork3245 said:

If the writing was done and the filming was (obviously) within 3-4 days of being finished… who cares? It would probably be more of a mess to pause the final few shoots for weeks/months amid the strike then to just finish it.

On-set rewrites are important.

image.png