The Game Awards 2021 Discussion Thread

Keyser_Soze

I realize the problem with a show like this for me is that the industry is simply just more multiplayer focused overall than single player. Still more than enough quality games especially with indies, but that means a show like this is going to be at least like 50% things that might as well be ads for lawn chairs or something for me.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah they hyped up the "Silent Hill" thing then it kinda went off the wall wacky but not in a good silent hill way. Looked like a Suda game or something.

I actually like the idea of it but whatever that 'gameplay' was at the end looked dreadful, especially that part where the dude kills the creature. It's probably really early footage so I won't judge it based on this but between that shit Butt Rock song and whatever that combat was supposed to be...not a good sign.

Also lame to cock-tease with the whole Silent Hill thing like that in the beginning.

Except he thought Demon Souls was trash 

I watched the whole event. While it was long, I thought it had good pacing and enjoyed it. The awards definitely felt like an afterthought at times compared to the overhyped reveals. 

I wonder if Kojima is jealous or secretly happy that Geoff has a new crush in Fares. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, stepee said:

I realize the problem with a show like this for me is that the industry is simply just more multiplayer focused overall than single player. Still more than enough quality games especially with indies, but that means a show like this is going to be at least like 50% things that might as well be ads for lawn chairs or something for me.

It’s the same for me as well, I couldn’t care less about multiplayer gaming but it’s primarily what mainstream gaming is these days.

On 12/9/2021 at 11:55 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It already does:

640px-D.I.C.E._Awards_logo.png
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

I forgot to respond to this last night, but yeah I guess there is the DICE Awards, which did cross my mind. I think the issue is that they don't get quiet enough media attention, they're not broadcast on TV, and again when people talk about the best movies people talk about the Oscars as the most prestigious award, but no one really knows or talks about the DICE Awards, and are instead focused on The Game Awards.

When the general public talks about Best Picture you know they're talking about the Academy Awards, but when you say Game of the Year it's kind of a meaningless term because the DICE Awards don't yet have enough mainstream exposure. 

16 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Then beat the Defiled Watchdog of Bloodborne; he’s huge Souls fan. He’s always said he regrets not getting the game at the time; he personally introduced it during the PS5 game reveals last year.

I know. I can’t let him live that opinion down. I’m sure he played a role in the collaboration between From Software and Sony with Bloodborne 

• True 1