Update: Microsoft officially announces "Xbox All Access" monthly subscription plan to include console/Live/Game Pass ($22/month for XB1S, $35/month for XB1X)

Commissar SFLUFAN

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This.

Customers will be able to pay around $22 per month and net themselves an Xbox One S, Xbox Live, and Xbox Game Pass for two years. Around $35 will net them an Xbox One X.

It includes the cost of the console which makes sense.

PS Wade this is what happens when you don't post the article in the OP. :shameonyou:

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So you're renting the console?

More like financing a console for two years and getting XBL and Game pass for the duration of it. Not a bad deal I suppose if you consider an S is $399, 2 years of live would be $120 and the total of this deal would be $528 so it's like free game pass for 2 years.

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

More like financing a console for two years and getting XBL and Game pass for the duration of it. Not a bad deal I suppose if you consider an S is $399, 2 years of live would be $120 and the total of this deal would be $528 so it's like free game pass for 2 years.

I picked up a 1TB  S for $185, there are always tons of deals on live for $35-40 /yr and game pass you can find for $60-$80/yr. 

Its still not a terrible deal (and great for people who dont have cash up front to plop down)...but you arent getting anything for free. 

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

Xh4xAt8.png

Buy = $499x (console) + $60/12x (XBL) + $10x (XGP)
Rent = $35x (All Access)

NBQ9s6t.png

Buy = $299x (console) + $60/12x (XBL) + $10x (XGP)
Rent = $22x (All Access)

Couple of things. Is this renting or rent to own? Also is it for 2 years or 3? I thought it was you are paying to own the Xbox for 2 years?

I think we'll see a price cut for the Xbox One X by the holidays.  It'd probably make more sense to hold off until then.  Or for Black Friday deals in general.

Either way, the lines would cross by late 2020.  There's a good chance we'll have next gen consoles in that timeframe.  Hard to get excited about a package like this considering the future, IMO.

We can't think of this thing as hardcore gamers, we have to think of it from the perspective of a broke ass Mom whose kid really wants a console she can't afford. It's for people who are willing to leverage cost in exchange for having it now.

I'd rather go this route through MS than a place like Rent-A-Center or Conn's who artificially inflate the price and/or charge interest out the ass so that you're paying 2-3 times what the device is worth. Or even worse are the places that factor in the 36 months of interest and tack it on at the start so that no matter how fast you pay it off, you're still paying that 36 months of interest.

if you add the 4 free games a month you get for being a gold member it makes the value of the deal a little better per say

I like it not really my cup of tea but I can definetly see the value

Now we need a discounted plan for  gamepass and live together for the people who already have thier system

It's not something I would ever do because I despise anything rent to own. But it's worth pointing out to those saying with diligent shopping this doesn't necessarily save you money, even breaking even is better than you get with almost any other rent to own businesses.

Most of them are downright exploitative in how they convince people who can't afford things to buy on what sounds like low monthly prices. They're more like payday lenders. As someone else said this Xbox deal, even at worst, is more like cellphone plans.