God of War (PC) - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry Technical Analysis and interviews with developers

Firewithin

1 minute ago, arnehelst said:

In local stores here in Sweden. Though you usually needs to be quick. Got Deathloop recently as physical. I would have buy this one too, but looks like there won't be one.

Do the physical PC versions in Sweden actually have the game on the disc? Or is it just a link to download the files?

24 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Do the physical PC versions in Sweden actually have the game on the disc? Or is it just a link to download the files?

Depends. Sekiro was just a code. Darksouls 3 & 2 and Deathloop where all real discs. Cyberpunk was 3 (or 2) audio discs.

17 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

61aiFMExI8L.jpg

Are these just called fish in Sweden? :hmm:

Yes, but there are meatballs in the bag.

• Haha 7

28 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Welp I was way off on this. I was thinking they’d keep their biggest games exclusive. 

Will be interesting if they get to like a 6 months to a year in between instead of several years later… if so might be time to sell my PS5 and just go whole hog on a PC upgrade. 

I'm sure the 3 year wait is the buffer zone to maximize profit off the console version and not make the ponies unhappy. If they cut that any closer people are going to get mad (or more mad than they already are)

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'm sure the 3 year wait is the buffer zone to maximize profit off the console version and not make the ponies unhappy. If they cut that any closer people are going to get mad (or more mad than they already are)

It is amusing to see fanboys mad about this. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to God of War (2018) comes to Steam/EGS on 14 January 2022
10 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

And with that, all* games will come to PC! :sun:

*for the purposes of this subject and all others, Nintendo games are considered “other” and distinctly separate from the rest of gamingdom.

Luckily they're highly emulate-able!

God-of-War-PC-settings-1.jpg
WWW.GAMEPUR.COM

Get ready to jet back into Midgard.

Sony Interactive Entertainment has said that Canadian studio Jetpack Interactive would be taking on the epic task of porting the PlayStation 4 game onto PC. God of War creators at Sony Santa Monica will be overseeing the port while Jetpack Interactive, who have previously provided the PC port of PS4 title Orcs Must Die! Unchained, will be handling the bulk of duties.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to God of War (2018) comes to Steam/EGS on 14 January 2022, update: Sony confirms that Jetpack Interactive will be primary developer of PC port
  • 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

- native 4K, unlocked framerate

- graphics settings featuring high-res shadows, better reflections, GTAO, SSDO etc

- NVIDIA DLSS and Reflex support

- Supports both DS4 and DualSense, other gamepads + fully customizable key bindings for KB+M

Wow features a PC version should have! :o

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Such an incredible game and I'm so glad I got back into it after the fire. This was the game I was playing and was in my White ps4 pro when the fire happened to us and all of paradise. I always wanted to go back to it and finally did, bought it again for 19.99 and just so great in almost every way possible. It's already one of the best looking games in all of my ps4 pro days, I bet on PS5 and PC it's breath taking. I won't be playing it again, maybe if I get a PS5 and I do a New game Plus but the announcement of the new game has got me really really wanting a PS5 bad no-a-days.... 

3u8ViUJsgQFtZtt86ij42Z-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The best version of a fantastic game.

god-of-war-review-2022_9.jpg
WWW.WINDOWSCENTRAL.COM

God of War PC defies all expectations with meticulous attention to polish and mountains of configurability, creating an experience that absolutely everyone should play. God of War is a masterpiece.

vgc-social-review-overlay-5.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Even if you’ve played God Of War on the PS4, it’s more than worth going back for another trip up the mountain…

god-of-war-review-header.jpg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

2018's God Of War is a fantastic action-adventure epic with beauty, bleakness and heart. Read our full PC review for more.

god-of-war-pc-review-500.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

Finally, one of the greatest ever PlayStation games has come to Steam and Epic. Here's our full God of War PC review.

God-of-War-review-1.jpg
WWW.PCINVASION.COM

We review God of War, a game that's been trapped on consoles for far too long. Come learn why you should play this modern classic.

god-of-war-pc-review.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

No longer the pinnacle of what can be accomplished on the PlayStation 4, does Santa Monica's older, wiser Kratos hold up on modern PCs?