Everyone should be watching Squid Game

thewhyteboar

That was a really good show. A lot of cool things I didn't notice at first that I read later like

Spoiler

How when the woman sacrifices herself to kill the gangster, she goes so by leaning back which is a callback to tug of war when she said she felt so strong when she leaned back, and makes sense since she wouldn't have been able to overpower him had she tried pushing him normally; the circle, triangle, and square being everywhere; all the contestants picked the blue card, leading to the theory that anyone who picked the red card might have been hired as the staff; the hints to the old man's true identity, and how he might have planned to not get picked for marbles so he could have easily escaped to host the VIPs and everyone else would have thought he got killed, but he wasn't expecting Gi-hun's kindness.

28 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Enlighten me. I don't get it. Why would you back?

I dunno. I guess it all makes sense, I just wish there was more to it. In the end the character is stuck in their endless loop of poverty even though they have money. I get that's part of the message but it all seems so monotonous and pointless. 

24 minutes ago, Brick said:

So how long until we get a Squid Game gameshow (without the killing obviously), or even a video game kind of like Fall Guys, but way more players? 

SquidGame_Unit_101_001.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Roblox developers are copying the show’s bloody games
squid-game-roblox-2-1632761162784.png?wi
WWW.IGN.COM

Roblox creators are making remakes of the popular South Korean Netflix show Squid Game and are fast becoming popular.
Squid-Game-in-Roblox-feat..jpg
BEEBOM.COM

With the popularity of the Korean drama Squid Game, many mini-games inspired by the show are available to play on Roblox right now.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:56 AM, Brick said:

So how long until we get a Squid Game gameshow (without the killing obviously), or even a video game kind of like Fall Guys, but way more players? 

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1635555468
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Crab Game is a First-Person Multiplayer game where you play through several different minigames based on children's games, until only one player stands victorious.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@Brick how about this?

Wish I would have know about this.  I would have definitely gone to check it out.

Yeah but America, so I wouldn't be surprised if the guns are still involved...

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:
capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1635555468
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Crab Game is a First-Person Multiplayer game where you play through several different minigames based on children's games, until only one player stands victorious.

The "trailer" they put together with the purposefully bad mic audio was cancer to my ears and not funny.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Yeah but America, so I wouldn't be surprised if the guns are still involved...

The "trailer" they put together with the purposefully bad mic audio was cancer to my ears and not funny.

Apparently it's actually pretty fun to play like on a server with your friends but shit to play with strangers. Kind of like among us, or any other sabotage-y game, really

46 minutes ago, ort said:

Speaking of not liking the ending, has this story been posted in this thread?

ap_18358136999118.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

'Squid Game' Creator Zings LeBron James For His Critique Of The Show

I don't like what most peoples' cricicisms of the ending are, either.

Spoiler

Getting on the flight to see his daughter would have felt like too much of a happy ending. I'm not really sure what I would have done instead.

Yeah, it's almost like being treated like the greatest person to ever exist by literally everyone around you since you were like 14 years old (and being a multi-multi multi millionaire from the age of 18) gives someone a skewed way of thinking about the world.