How many US states have you been to?

Fizzzzle

To count you have to have put feet on solid ground outside of an airport, so straight drive throughs don't count.

I'm hoping it's something surprising like @Baconhas secretly been to like 30 states and @Joehas secretly never been outside of the philly-nyc-baltimore triangle.

I've been to 20.

Spoiler

Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii, Arizona, Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Massachusetts, and Vermont

Edit: also I'm pretty sure I'm spending Christmas at my sister's place this year, which would knock off Virginia/DC area. She's lived there for like 10 years and I've never visited

I like this site except they're pedants about whether DC counts (have alos lived in DC). I forgot to color NC amber, and I think I've been to SC as a kid but can't remember.

M020042212000020000222020020001402420222

• Red is for states where you've not spent much time or seen very much.
  • Amber is for states where you've at least slept and seen some sights.
  • Blue is for states you've spent a lot of time in or seen a fair amount of.
  • Green is for states you've spent a great deal of time in on multiple visits.

26 minutes ago, Rachel said:

Washington x2

Oregon

California x6

Nevada

Idaho

Montana x2

New York

New Jersey

Virginia

Tennessee 

North Carolina

South Carolina

Georgia

It’s possible I’m forgetting one or two but I think that’s all 

now the real question is which one of these states do I live in 😎

South Carolina

7 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
M000020322020020000422000002002400400022
WWW.GASFOODNOLODGING.COM

Create your Visited States Map and show us where you've been!

I will probably visit oregon at some point but that is probably it.  Not really interested in the rest of the states. 

Out of that 21, Connecticut is easily the worst state I have ever visited

On my drive to and from Cape Ann, CT was the absolute worst to drive through. Stupid roads and even dumber drivers.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've never been to any of them, I wouldn't know

Baltimore lies between philly/DC on the corridor, it seems weird you wouldn't include it

I can tell lol.

Anyway:

New Jersey

New York 
Pennsylvania

Texas 

Arizona 

Minnesota

Illinois

Ohio

Florida

California

North Carolina

South Carolina

Georgia

Connecticut 

New Hampshire 

Vermont

Maine

Rhode Island

Delaware 

Maryland

Virginia 

Massachusetts

West Virginia

Just now, Joe said:

I can tell lol.

Anyway:

New Jersey

New York 
Pennsylvania

Texas 

Arizona 

Minnesota

Illinois

Ohio

Florida

California

North Carolina

South Carolina

Georgia

Connecticut 

New Hampshire 

Vermont

Maine

Rhode Island

Delaware 

Maryland

Virginia 

Massachusetts

West Virginia

You have to expand your western horizons

Passing on through or extended stay? 

States I have at least spent more than one night in

WV, PA, OH, SC, FL, MD, DC.

Passing on thru

VA, NC, GA, NJ. 

Other

I went to NY and spent like an hour in NYC going to the Nintendo World store. And then we left.  I also passed thru NY on my way to Canada. 

Oh I think I went to kings dominion so that might put me at more than passing on thru for VA. 

The only states I’ve spent a significant amount of time in besides my home state of Texas, are California, Florida, and New Mexico.

But I’ve been to by at least Fizzle’s criteria: Louisiana, Oklahoma, Colorado, Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Delaware, Massachusetts, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Nevada

I think that is it

15 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

To count you have to have put feet on solid ground outside of an airport, so straight drive throughs don't count.

I think straight drive throughs should count more than putting your feet in an airport. You see nothing of a state in its biggest airport, but driving through it you get to know it some.

• True 1

4 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I think straight drive throughs should count more than putting your feet in an airport. You see nothing of a state in its biggest airport, but driving through it you get to know it some.

I said feet on the ground OUTSIDE of an airport. Or outside of your car. I've been to basically every major airport in the country, that doesn't count.

If we go by states I've spent significant time in, as in more than a few days here and there, I've lived in Oregon, Washington, and Georgia, and I've spent a lot of time in California, Indiana, and Ohio, since that's where most of my family lives. The rest of the states have just been brief stays.

5 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I said feet on the ground OUTSIDE of an airport. Or outside of your car. I've been to basically every major airport in the country, that doesn't count.

Whoops. Sorry about that. Then I agree.

Though I can't think of many places in the country you could drive through without setting foot outside of the car to get gas. I mean it's possible, just not very likely. My states I haven't been to or have been to lists would still be the same.