How many US states have you been to?

Fizzzzle

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

M000020002030030000000400000000000220020

I quite like that map. Because there's no color code, I'll list it:

Green= lived there or spent a significant amount of time there

Blue= seen a lot of it or spent a fair amount of time

Amber/orange/whatever you want to call it = At least stayed overnight or a few days

Red= Not spent much time, or maybe a day trip

Mine is this

M010232002430223000200201020001000030400

Spoiler

Green = I've lived in Portland, Bellingham, Vancouver WA and Columbus, GA.

Blue = My closest relatives live in Los Angeles and Indianapolis, I go there quite frequently. My grandparents lived in a small town outside of Dayton, OH. I spent a lot of summers there as a kid. Hawaii I've just been to a bunch. Mostly the big island.

Amber = BC: the drinking age in BC is 19, so that's something me and my friends would do for someone's 19th birthday. We'd rent a hotel room in Vancouver and get smashed for a night or a weekend

Idaho: Been to Coeur d'Alene a lot and had an ex that lived in Sand Point.

Montana: Went backpacking through Glacier for a couple weeks and stayed for a few nights in Kalispell.

Arizona: Went to Phoenix one time, it was a central location between 2 relatives who lived in Tucson and Prescott. Never again, Phoenix sucks.

Colorado: Stayed in Denver once visiting a family friend

Texas: I was born there, though we moved away before I remember anything. One of my sisters lived in Austin for a while, I visited her a couple times. Stayed in San Antonio once.

Illinois: Been to Chicago twice, both times during the summer. Would not recommend. City is cool, though. Alabama = Been across the border from Georgia, but never actually stayed there. New Hampshire you have to drive through to get from Boston to northern Vermont, so like.. stopped for gas. So, sure, I'll count it in the most minor way.

Michigan: Stayed in Detroit for a wedding once.

Tennessee: One of my aunts lives in Nashville, I've stayed with her a couple times. The same Texas sister also lived there for a couple years.

Florida: Been to Disney World

Massachusetts: Same sister went to Harvard, I visited when she graduated, then I just went again a few weeks ago

Vermont: Also just went a few weeks ago to visit my friend before he moved to California.

Red = One time I flew to St. Louis and drove to Chicago. I don't remember for the life of me whey I had to do that. I think we got some kind of really cheap deal on a flight that somehow landed us in St. Louis?

9 hours ago, Rachel said:

I think even if you drove across a state and didn’t get out, that still counts. You saw the whole damn thing start to finish from ground level. It counts IMO. 

Yeah, we rode a Greyhound to Yellowstone on a class trip when I was in 6th grade. I certainly can’t recall all of our stops, but we certainly saw all of Kansas and Nebraska, not that there’s much to see. So I count them. 

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

tell me about your time in Alberta 

When I was 18 or 19 I went to Calgary to see a Flames game, driving there from Washington. Just a mini road trip with friends. Stayed the night and drove back. A few years ago I went to Edmonton for work a couple of times. I remember eating at this restaurant (90% sure it was that one). I really liked it.