I got upgraded to first class this morning, AMA

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

How have your bowel movements been lately? Favorite Mexican restaurant in Houston?

A little stiff. Need to increase the fiber intake.

Hmmmmm. One of my absolute favorite places to go is amusingly called Juanita’s (my wife’s name). It’s run by a mother and daughter, and the mother is from the same region as my MIL and makes her dishes in nearly exactly the same way. It really is like going to your tia’s house and getting waited on like royalty. Love it, they are great.

If I want Tex-Mex, my go to is Gringos. It started in a little house in Pearland, where I grew up, and now the dude has dozens of locations. Food is good, but it is really the service that sets it apart for me. 

I flew from Pennsylvania to Atlanta, then to Florida last week. I was surprised at how much leg room I had on each flight even with the cheapest tickets. Did wearing masks on the plane bother you at all? Flying doesn't usually make me nervous, and masks don't usually bother me, but I felt like I was starting to hyperventilate half way through the flights. 

22 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I flew from Pennsylvania to Atlanta, then to Florida last week. I was surprised at how much leg room I had on each flight even with the cheapest tickets. Did wearing masks on the plane bother you at all? Flying doesn't usually make me nervous, and masks don't usually bother me, but I felt like I was starting to hyperventilate half way through the flights. 

lil wayne party GIF by WE tv

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

1. Yes. I went into the mall during the day time hours to a movie and left when it was dark and I couldn't remember where I had parked. This was in a car with no remote, so I couldn't honk the horn and ended up walking up and down the aisles for 10 minutes

2. No. I always liked the idea of mountain biking but I am a little afraid of it.

3. I actually wanted to be a movie theater owner!

4. My minimum is 20%, or $10 as a floor if I go eat somewhere cheap by myself for lunch. When I'm in Alvin I tend to tip more being that most of the people in the city are customers of mine, so feels right to go a little higher.

5. No, I typically handle plumbing jobs myself.

6. Not at all, though since I was a kid I always avoid stepping on the joints in concrete and still do to this day. So maybe I am?

7. Probably not much, maybe $1000?

8. Absolutely not. I think things like antlers are super tacky

9. We just got a little mutt puppy that showed up at my SIL's house. His full name is Carl Oliver Pilkington Thomas, First of His Name

10. Maybe because I've been diabetic as a kid, but I'm not super into sweets. Not that I won't have any, but I generally have much stronger cravings for savory than sweet

11. No, I don't believe in curses

12. I have not, but I do feel like my hearing has gotten worse in my 30s.

13. I booked our family Disney trip for January 2022, and we are planning to head to San Luis Obispo and Big Sur in a late September

14. I once met Yao Ming at a restaurant in Houston

15. Clear blue skies in the spring, before the humidity sets in here in Houston...yeah, I like that

16. You know, there actually is a real estate agent in the burb I live (Pearland) that is probably one of the 5 most famous people in town...

17. No, my wife is though. She has all the birth certificates, SSN cards, marriage license, and similar perfectly filed away for each of us and the kids

18. Not really, but I turn Cortana and Siri off so maybe I would if they were active?

19. YES. Some really fun stuff in the Asian markets here. And random things like custom T-shirts made in 20 minutes for $6 each

20. Of course. There is a huge one about 15 minutes from my house that we used to go to all the time when I was a kid

21. I've stopped at gas stations that were kinda sorta truck stops, but not really what I imagine when I think of the words "truck stop"

22. I waited tables in my wife's tea room a few times. 

23. Hmmm, I had not

24. I actually did write my initials and put my hand prints into the cement when we poured the new driveway a few weeks back. My wife and kids did too.

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

1. Yes. I went into the mall during the day time hours to a movie and left when it was dark and I couldn't remember where I had parked. This was in a car with no remote, so I couldn't honk the horn and ended up walking up and down the aisles for 10 minutes

2. No. I always liked the idea of mountain biking but I am a little afraid of it.

3. I actually wanted to be a movie theater owner!

4. My minimum is 20%, or $10 as a floor if I go eat somewhere cheap by myself for lunch. When I'm in Alvin I tend to tip more being that most of the people in the city are customers of mine, so feels right to go a little higher.

5. No, I typically handle plumbing jobs myself.

6. Not at all, though since I was a kid I always avoid stepping on the joints in concrete and still do to this day. So maybe I am?

7. Probably not much, maybe $1000?

8. Absolutely not. I think things like antlers are super tacky

9. We just got a little mutt puppy that showed up at my SIL's house. His full name is Carl Oliver Pilkington Thomas, First of His Name

10. Maybe because I've been diabetic as a kid, but I'm not super into sweets. Not that I won't have any, but I generally have much stronger cravings for savory than sweet

11. No, I don't believe in curses

12. I have not, but I do feel like my hearing has gotten worse in my 30s.

13. I booked our family Disney trip for January 2022, and we are planning to head to San Luis Obispo and Big Sur in a late September

14. I once met Yao Ming at a restaurant in Houston

15. Clear blue skies in the spring, before the humidity sets in here in Houston...yeah, I like that

16. You know, there actually is a real estate agent in the burb I live (Pearland) that is probably one of the 5 most famous people in town...

17. No, my wife is though. She has all the birth certificates, SSN cards, marriage license, and similar perfectly filed away for each of us and the kids

18. Not really, but I turn Cortana and Siri off so maybe I would if they were active?

19. YES. Some really fun stuff in the Asian markets here. And random things like custom T-shirts made in 20 minutes for $6 each

20. Of course. There is a huge one about 15 minutes from my house that we used to go to all the time when I was a kid

21. I've stopped at gas stations that were kinda sorta truck stops, but not really what I imagine when I think of the words "truck stop"

22. I waited tables in my wife's tea room a few times. 

23. Hmmm, I had not

24. I actually did write my initials and put my hand prints into the cement when we poured the new driveway a few weeks back. My wife and kids did too.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I don't want to hurt feelings, but my top 5 guys to share a meal with would be

@Chris-

@Joe

@SaysWho?

@TwinIon

@ManUtdRedDevils

But there are a bunch more, and literally if ANYBODY is ever in Houston, hit me up and I'll take you out! We also have a guest suite if anybody wants to stay in my home for free

For the record, you really don't want to share a meal with me as I view food consumption as simply a necessary nutritional replenishment activity that should be completed as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to move on to more important activities.

• Haha 1

If I were to go out to eat with @Commissar SFLUFAN I'd take him to some out of the way restaurant. He'd immediately be able to tell the vibe was off because no one else was dining there. But we'd sit down at the table and all the lights would go off except a spotlight above ours. I'd tell Wade, "Don't worry I've already ordered in advance." and the server would place the meal in the middle of the table and lift the cloche off. It would look disgusting like that pink goop from DuckTales. Wade would react in horror and say, "What the hell is wrong with you people? I'm not eating that! I'd rather eat the cyanide pill I have in my false tooth."

Then I would tell him, " @SaysWho? will decide what you eat :| " and from out of the darkness @SaysWho? would come with a big spoon. Wade would be slightly surprised but before he can move I would have two strong dudes like @SimpleG and @SuperSpreader restrain him and keep his mouth open so Wade could swallow the goop. Then I would stand up ready to leave and tell him, "Bon appétit Mr. Steele," and laugh as I walk off. As I pass the counter at the front of the restaurant to leave @GameDadGrant is working the cash register and asks, "Who's going to pay this bill?" and then I'd tell him, "put it on @sblfilms' tab" and then walk off.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

First class seems like a waste of money, at least domestically.

I would agree for the most part but for long flights the extra width of the chairs can be worth it. On a normal flight where seats are 17-18 inch wide my shoulders stick out 3-5 inch's on both sides. I become hyper focused on it because I dont wont to crowd the person next to me. If I am on the aisle I get smacked by the cart and the middle seat isnt gonna happen so I normally take the window and mash myself up against it.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If I were to go out to eat with @Commissar SFLUFAN I'd take him to some out of the way restaurant. He'd immediately be able to tell the vibe was off because no one else was dining there. But we'd sit down at the table and all the lights would go off except a spotlight above ours. I'd tell Wade, "Don't worry I've already ordered in advance." and the server would place the meal in the middle of the table and lift the cloche off. It would look disgusting like that pink goop from DuckTales. Wade would react in horror and say, "What the hell is wrong with you people? I'm not eating that! I'd rather eat the cyanide pill I have in my false tooth."

Then I would tell him, " @SaysWho? will decide what you eat :| " and from out of the darkness @SaysWho? would come with a big spoon. Wade would be slightly surprised but before he can move I would have two strong dudes like @SimpleG and @SuperSpreader restrain him and keep his mouth open so Wade could swallow the goop. Then I would stand up ready to leave and tell him, "Bon appétit Mr. Steele," and laugh as I walk off. As I pass the counter at the front of the restaurant to leave @GameDadGrant is working the cash register and asks, "Who's going to pay this bill?" and then I'd tell him, "put it on @sblfilms' tab" and then walk off.

How did I become a hired goon for the worlds worst bond villain? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Working the cash register? More like stealing from the cash register. I'm a thug. What kind of people do you think Detroit makes?

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well, I'm not sure how much money juggalos make but who am I to stand in the way of a man and his wishes?

Indeed, who are you? :p 

Actually...now I wonder how much a jugglo makes. Is it more than the $14/hour McDonald's is hiring for? 'Cuz one of these jobs has to be easier than the other. I assume. 

48 minutes ago, Rachel said:

The comfort plus has like 2 more inches of leg room in front of you but that’s it. 

I think first class can be worth it when you’re lucky enough to find it for cheap like only an extra $150. It significantly elevates your comfort not having to be packed in like sardines and basically cuddling with strangers. But when it’s like an extra thousand, hell no. 

I think I’d spring for it for $150 on a flight over 2 hours. I’m 6’3”, so standard seat spacing is pretty brutal for me.

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Actually...now I wonder how much a jugglo makes. Is it more than the $14/hour McDonald's is hiring for? 'Cuz one of these jobs has to be easier than the other. I assume.

Assuming one of them has a job I'd wager it would probably be around Gas Station / Convenience store wages.

Perhaps we should ask @sblfilms his thoughts on the subject, after all it is his AMA thread where he selectively As his Qs.