I got upgraded to first class this morning, AMA

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

United flight from IAD to IAH

did you end up having some brat child crying and kicking the entire flight in front of you with the parents split between first and standard class and even though they had only one first class ticket they had the child sit on their lap after talking the flight attendant into it being okay because that’s what happened to me last time i decided to pay the extra for first class

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

did you end up having some brat child crying and kicking the entire flight in front of you with the parents split between first and standard class and even though they had only one first class ticket they had the child sit on their lap after talking the flight attendant into it being okay because that’s what happened to me last time i decided to pay the extra for first class

No kids in first class. I sat next to an older lady who was lovely, mostly because she had a couple of drinks and then fell asleep for the rest of the flight.

There was a grown woman acting like a kid when the crew told her she needed to sit down during take off as she attempted to go to the bathroom. The weird thing is she never ended up going even once we were at altitude. 

22 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Which do you hate more: Dulles or National?

Dulles, especially if I’m hungry. The absolute most embarrassing food options I’ve ever seen. Also, WTF is up with those weird shuttle bus things? Feel like something out of a 1980s sci-fi film.

I am kinda ambivalent about National, tbh

54 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Which do you hate more: Dulles or National?

How could anyone hate National more? It's conveniently located and you're right at the gates once you get through security. The only reason I'd prefer to be at Dulles is for a connection and if I had lounge access, there's a lot of nice lounges there.

I don't just not dislike National, I actually like it for the most part.

6 minutes ago, Rachel said:

How did you get that to happen? That’s my dream. 

I’ve had to fly a LOT this last year and hit a frequent flyer level where you can get upgraded if there are empty first class seats. 

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

No kids in first class. I sat next to an older lady who was lovely, mostly because she had a couple of drinks and then fell asleep for the rest of the flight.

There was a grown woman acting like a kid when the crew told her she needed to sit down during take off as she attempted to go to the bathroom. The weird thing is she never ended up going even once we were at altitude. 

Maybe she just did cocaine at her seat instead!

5 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Did they provide you with the hot towelette? Helps to clean away the lower class stench

They did, though I declined. I’m not sure what it is but hot towels make me feel the need to pee!

13 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Are you a member of the mile high club? What’s the wildest shit you’ve ever seen on a plane?

I am not, yet. I’m generally not much for sex in strange locales.

I watched a lady change a poop explosion of her baby from her seat. That is probably the weirdest thing I’ve personally witnessed

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Have you ever committed petty theft? What’s your cholesterol like? What do you think happens when we die?

Yes, I was kinda klepto as a teenager. Just for the rush of it, never anything of notable value. I was generally a really good kid and that was my rebelliousness at work.

Cholesterol is on the highest end of normal these days. I lost a lot of weight when my food intake dropped significantly, but I didn’t really change WHAT I eat so much. Could probably improve more by further reducing things like red meat intake.

I have pretty standard orthodox Christian views on death and what comes next. I may lean a little more anhiliationist though, depends on how I’m feeling that day.

46 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

They did, though I declined. I’m not sure what it is but hot towels make me feel the need to pee!

Oh No Reaction GIF by Bounce

In general, I find first class domestic to be lacking. It is a nice free upgrade but I would never pay for it. First class international is a different story. 

48 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Top five games of all time? What would be your last meal? When was the last time you were intimate with your wife?

Based on hours played; Mario 64, Goldeneye, Halo, Virtua Tennis, PUBG

I think I would go with something sentimental, like my mom’s spaghetti. Which is a bit odd because I’m not generally sentimental, but something like last meal seems to be worthy of shedding my robotic lack of feelings for a night.

Yesterday afternoon. I got home from the airport around 2pm, but my daughter’s birthday party wasn’t quite over. Around 2:45 the last child’s parent arrived, but she would not leave. Finally they get out the door around 5pm and we hurried back to our room for a boning sesh. 

1 minute ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

What was your first pet name?

What was your first car?

What is your mother’s maiden name?

What elementary school did you attend?

just curious 

Gonna be real honest here: I got down to mother’s maiden name before I realized what you were doing here.

22 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Dulles, especially if I’m hungry. The absolute most embarrassing food options I’ve ever seen. Also, WTF is up with those weird shuttle bus things? Feel like something out of a 1980s sci-fi film.

I am kinda ambivalent about National, tbh

21 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Those are the BEST part about IAD!

In fact, I've booked flights that depart/arrive out of Dulles simply because I wanted to ride on those vehicles despite the ticket costing more AND the fact that I live about 10 minutes from National!