Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

I still can’t believe it’s actually going to be here soon! It’s always seemed so far away.

I think to start I’ll just feed it a 400gb micro sd since I have those laying around and then maybe I’ll throw in a 256gb usb nub I have. Will probably want to get a 1tb micro for it I’m sure.

Deckbot on reddit doesn't have updated data since the guy is on vacation. I was 80% of the way to my order and it seemed like it was jumping 10-15% each Mon/Thurs. Was hoping to get lucky today, but reasonably confident for Thursday.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

Deckbot on reddit doesn't have updated data since the guy is on vacation. I was 80% of the way to my order and it seemed like it was jumping 10-15% each Mon/Thurs. Was hoping to get lucky today, but reasonably confident for Thursday.

What was your time of order?

On 6/2/2022 at 1:01 PM, stepee said:

So latest reported time is 41:30, Im 41:33…off by 3 seconds, sounds right

Dumb question: Where is everyone getting this information? I made my reservation for the 512GB 62min after it all went live. Me curious when I'll have mine this month. :hmm:

1 hour ago, imthesoldier said:

Dumb question: Where is everyone getting this information? I made my reservation for the 512GB 62min after it all went live. Me curious when I'll have mine this month. :hmm:

Probably late this month. :( Mine was 41min past, but they seem to be doing two a week with a gain of 3+ min each so it could surprise. Went up like 11 minutes last week.

Here is how you check and use the bots and/or he shows the latest times there usually and will when he’s back from vacay

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stepee said:

Probably late this month. :( Mine was 41min past, but they seem to be doing two a week with a gain of 3+ min each so it could surprise. Went up like 11 minutes last week.

Here is how you check and use the bots and/or he shows the latest times there usually and will when he’s back from vacay

That’s fine if it’s late this month. My wife and I just got a new roof this past week, so need to secure more funds before I can make the purchase anyway. 

I knew my order was placed way later on launch day, but I finally actually looked it up and I’m like +3.5 hours from the first orders 😂 I think Deck 2 will ship before my Deck preorder gets allocated 

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I knew my order was placed way later on launch day, but I finally actually looked it up and I’m like +3.5 hours from the first orders 😂 I think Deck 2 will ship before my Deck preorder gets allocated 

Just 2 hours and 50 minutes of orders left and you are up!

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Just 2 hours and 50 minutes of orders left and you are up!

The spreadsheet calculator forecasts March 2023 😂😂😂😂😂

43 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Finally getting around to playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon because of the portability of the Deck. <3

These handheld PCs are epic. I believe I am gonna start switching to mid range gaming ultrabooks. Like that I can play strategy games at a friend's house or hotel. Still playing SRW 30. Probably approaching a hundred hours but thats because I have to stop when I get a call at work.

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’ll know soon!! It is too early so it won’t show me in the tracking yet, I’m going to guess Monday. Would love sat of course but I’m dreaming on that.

Awesome. Saturday would be ideal but you waited this long so a few days won't kill you. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I’ll know soon!! It is too early so it won’t show me in the tracking yet, I’m going to guess Monday. Would love sat of course but I’m dreaming on that.

Mine arrived Saturday. (NJ based). 

• Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, stepee said:

it’s wednesday :(

That’s a bummer. I was hoping you would get it faster. That’s seems really slow. Guess I have another 4 days to make you jealous. 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How are you enjoying the game? How does it look and run on the deck?

At 720p, it runs a pretty solid 30fps and looks pretty good. It would be pretty cool to have a computer that can play this max out to compare. I am really satisfied with the Deck’s performance so far. 

As for Elden Ring, it spouted some nonsense story in the beginning and drops you in the world like every other From Software game. I have yet to see anything that differentiates itself from other DS/BB games. I’ll keep playing but I doubt this will make my top 5 this year. 

8 hours ago, best3444 said:

How are you enjoying the game? How does it look and run on the deck?

Elden Ring runs pretty close to a locked 30fps on a mix of mostly medium settings, and it looks I'd say at least as good as Dark Souls 1 & 2 on PC/PS5. Would be nice if you could hit 60 by turning everything down but unfortunately not possible at the moment.

• Thanks 1