Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

13 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

At 720p, it runs a pretty solid 30fps and looks pretty good. It would be pretty cool to have a computer that can play this max out to compare. I am really satisfied with the Deck’s performance so far. 

As for Elden Ring, it spouted some nonsense story in the beginning and drops you in the world like every other From Software game. I have yet to see anything that differentiates itself from other DS/BB games. I’ll keep playing but I doubt this will make my top 5 this year. 

That's pretty impressive specs for a device like that. I understand your points on Elden Ring but it is a masterpiece imo. But if you don't enjoy that genre, drop it like it's hot. 

23 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Spyro Reignited Trilogy looks really good on the Deck and stays at a locked frame rate

By locked frame rate do you mean 60 or 30? I might have to get that next sale though I own it on Switch, I only played the first one, why not upgrade for the other two. Bet it looks great at 720p instead of 540p or whatever low res it runs at on Switch.

I actually forgot my deck should be here in like two days and got a tinge of excitement lol, the shipping is so long I almost forgot about it.

Fedex to California in general seems like total shit? I don’t know what the deal is with them but they often just sit on packages for days doing nothing and their tracking updates are usually dog shit. I’m just hoping I get it by the weekend, not even counting on Wednesday. Right now it’s made it from IL to New Mexico and is chilling there, but at least left the initial state.

44 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

@stepee 30fps. I am sure you can tweak it to get it to 60fps but I like the way it looks and performs so I left it. 

This game was bundled in the “Stand with Ukraine” humble bundle. 

man I can’t remember if I got that one or not for the life of me lol

I think for a couple weeks I’m just going to enjoy the unit as is for playing steam games and checking it out for just that. After that I’ll dive in and work on windows/emus. If they can just integrate game pass native somehow then I would be fine with skipping Windows. But I need to dual boot otherwise because wayyyy too much gamepass stuff is perfect for deck.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I think for a couple weeks I’m just going to enjoy the unit as is for playing steam games and checking it out for just that. After that I’ll dive in and work on windows/emus. If they can just integrate game pass native somehow then I would be fine with skipping Windows. But I need to dual boot otherwise because wayyyy too much gamepass stuff is perfect for deck.

I don't recommend it. I went back to SteamOS. If you really want a Windows handheld I'd recommend a Neo 2 Geek.

3 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I don't recommend it. I went back to SteamOS. If you really want a Windows handheld I'd recommend a Neo 2 Geek.

Cant you dual boot or can you not do it yet? I just want to for gamepass stuff, all it had to do is let me click on the games and run them.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Cant you dual boot or can you not do it yet? I just want to for gamepass stuff, all it had to do is let me click on the games and run them.

oh I see it’s coming soon but not available yet or you can hack around using a sd card, that’s fine as long as it’s coming

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yea I just want access to the Game Pass games. I would like to do some financial stuff on it as well but that’s less important. Game Pass has so many games perfect for the Deck. 

Thinking about this today and honestly even before I tinker with it much or even buy any new games I have so many games I want to play on this it’s kind of intimidating. Basically everything I didn’t get to from the last two gens now has a second life as a potential handheld game for me. There’s stuff like Andromeda and MGS Revengance that I’ve always wanted to play that I just never got around to. 

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

Thinking about this today and honestly even before I tinker with it much or even buy any new games I have so many games I want to play on this it’s kind of intimidating. Basically everything I didn’t get to from the last two gens now has a second life as a potential handheld game for me. There’s stuff like Andromeda and MGS Revengance that I’ve always wanted to play that I just never got around to. 

I would definitely recommend playing around with SteamOS and playing a ton of games. The Sleep/Resume feature will keep you on SteamOS. It has worked flawlessly for me.

4 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I would definitely recommend playing around with SteamOS and playing a ton of games. The Sleep/Resume feature will keep you on SteamOS. It has worked flawlessly for me.

Yeah that’s the thing and why I hope Gamepass eventually works on SteamOS even after we get windows dual boot. That is such a key feature for a handheld and a game changer for this type of device. I’m assuming it works with emulators too, so will just want to set those up through steam os as well.

14 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It's kinda over hyped. It works on Windows though YMMV. Like SRW30 goes to window mode. Of the games I have played I think only one would close if you put the Neo to sleep. The rest will continue working at full screen.

29 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m assuming it works with emulators too, so will just want to set those up through steam os as well.

Yeah, just go to this site and it does everything automatically pretty much

WWW.EMUDECK.COM

Configure your Steam Deck Emulators

Playstation systems take a little extra work since you have to put the bios and things like that but it's not too difficult.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah, just go to this site and it does everything automatically pretty much

WWW.EMUDECK.COM

Configure your Steam Deck Emulators

Playstation systems take a little extra work since you have to put the bios and things like that but it's not too difficult.

please tell me i can do this and just link my onedrive for rom access 

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

please tell me i can do this and just link my onedrive for rom access 

I haven't tried that.

I used some program that you can just drag and drop I posted it earlier in the thread. I'll let you know what it is if you find yourself needing it.

As usual fedex had the package arrive at some middle of nowhere location a little over an hour away and it left from there. I guess we will see if it makes it! 

Edit: Still no out for delivery notice, it ain’t happening today. They do this every time   , they will not provide any further update all day then tomorrow morning they will send me an update saying it’s been delayed and then it’ll come tomorrow most likely. If it did come on time it would be the first time fed ex has delivered on time to me in years.

• Sad 1