Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

Yep weight and how cool it runs are the most important thing for me in a laptop these days. I’ve been happy with my Surface Pro but it’ll be time next year to get a new one and kinda planning on just getting another Surface.

How is the deck with heat btw? So you feel it on your hands at all? The Win1 was the worst with this, it would fry your hands.

Well I got the first check (state tax return) that I’m expecting from tax return, returning to work, edd fixing their fuckup that fucked me the last two months, which should hopefully make me normalish again financially. So I can put up the money now if my name comes up so I can finally be excited and hope my order comes up ASAP!

• Shocked 1

Mine now says July-September. Having clearer time window than "after 2nd quarter 2022" is alot more comforting. I can plan my saving and spending around it now and I'm excited to own a piece of cool tech. The 512gig is no slouch on the pocket book that's for sure $649.99....

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2022 at 3:28 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

This looks great. 

So this guy made a follow up to the quoted video. I was not actually wanting to do any emulation stuff but this video made me want to jump in so I was fiddling with my deck all day yesterday trying to get this to work. This was probably only difficult because of the consoles I chose but I chose Dreamcast, PS1, PS2 and PS3 because I've emulated all those on my computer before. This video makes it seem like everything is automatic but I think that is the case for anything NOT Sony because those emulators require you to jump through a couple of hoops to get them running (mainly the BIOS stuff) but putting the BIOS in the folders doesn't work. That being said, the Dreamcast just works.

But if you want the Playstation stuff to work you have to kind of do what he does in the first video and load up the individual emulators (The Emudeck downloads all the emulators for you) and then load the bios in the individual emulators first for it to work with Emulation Station. Also I don't think RPCS3 works through Emulation station so you have to do it separately. And also for RPCS3 since games work differently you have to do the install thing through the emulator like you normally would.

That being said after jumping through all the hoops I got the PS1, PS2 and PS3 running (and dreamcast)

I tried Dino Crisis on the Dreamcast

Devil Dice on PS1

Disaster Report on PS2

Tokyo Jungle on PS3 - PS3 I still have some kinks to work out because it wasn't recognizing anything on the deck as a controller.

Also pro tip, since the Deck formats your SD card (if you bought one) you can't just plug the card into a windows computer and transfer files that way. There's a program called Warpinator and winpinator that allows you to transfer wirelessly pretty easily ( https://winpinator.swisz.cz/ ) - But also you could directly download stuff as well if you wanted to do it that way. I already had the stuff on my computer so I just wanted to transfer it over.

OK so just revising some things here

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Tokyo Jungle on PS3 - PS3 I still have some kinks to work out because it wasn't recognizing anything on the deck as a controller.

Turns out this is an easy fix, you just have to add RPCS3 to steam and then it will recognize it as a controller

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also pro tip, since the Deck formats your SD card (if you bought one) you can't just plug the card into a windows computer and transfer files that way. There's a program called Warpinator and winpinator that allows you to transfer wirelessly pretty easily ( https://winpinator.swisz.cz/ ) - But also you could directly download stuff as well if you wanted to do it that way. I already had the stuff on my computer so I just wanted to transfer it over.

As for this program, it was kind of a bust for me. It worked once but then it wouldn't recognize my computer again. Instead there is a different program called Synchthing, which does the same thing but works more than once (hopefully)

Spoiler

https://syncthing.net/downloads/

If you end up downloading this make sure you download the "integrations" at the top

47 minutes ago, stepee said:

What’s the current Windows state anyway? Can you fully use it yet or are some drivers missing? Can you dual boot ok yet or no?

No updates since the initial drivers released. Tbh if you want a Windows handheld a Neo Next is probably the better option. Alternatively waiting for a 6800u Neo is even better.