Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

5 minutes.

Dang you fast boyyyyyy.

Will be very interested in seeing how far apart 7 mins real time will effect our queue positions. If yours holds you should get an email by end of month. I'm assuming that would mean  mine probably goes out early May

12 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

Dang you fast boyyyyyy.

Will be very interested in seeing how far apart 7 mins real time will effect our queue positions. If yours holds you should get an email by end of month. I'm assuming that would mean  mine probably goes out early May

That's interesting because I got on the reservation 62min after everything opened, and I'm still on Q2.

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The resetera speculation is if you were Q1 that got bumped to Q2 but remained in Q2, you should expect an April shipment date. How they come up with that? No clue :p

Resetera logic I guess. My guess is they're trying to outdo neogaf in terms of wild ass speculation.

2 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
STEAM-DECK-CALCULATOR.WEB.APP

This is the website they use to base their opinion on. No clue of the validity of it 

So according to that, one says April 18th, and the other says June 6th (My bday. w00t). So their whole model is really, "Oh, you said Q2? Yeah, it'll arrive sometime in Q2."

5 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

So according to that, one says April 18th, and the other says June 6th (My bday. w00t). So their whole model is really, "Oh, you said Q2? Yeah, it'll arrive sometime in Q2."

We just gotta believe in April

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

Valve continuing to take care of business when it comes to the openness, and overall transparency of the Steam Deck. It can run Windows, Linux, and of course Crysis, and CyberPunk.

For lulz more than anything else, the last echelon would be to turn it into a handheld Hackintosh. Then we can say the Steam Deck can run everything.

17 hours ago, Raggit said:

Might not want to install Windows just yet...

Yeah, at this point, I doubt I'll ever install Windows on it. Sure, it can be done, and some will certainly do it, but overall, I think it's the antithesis of what the Deck was designed for. Quite frankly, I'm more interested in Linux gaming, and Linux in general now that the Deck exists. If I want Windows, that's what my work laptop, and my Windows Gaming desktop is for.

1 hour ago, imthesoldier said:

Yeah, at this point, I doubt I'll ever install Windows on it. Sure, it can be done, and some will certainly do it, but overall, I think it's the antithesis of what the Deck was designed for. Quite frankly, I'm more interested in Linux gaming, and Linux in general now that the Deck exists. If I want Windows, that's what my work laptop, and my Windows Gaming desktop is for.

I think of Windows support as essential to the goal of the Steamdeck, which I see as being able to play your entire library of PC games on a handheld. It is, and will remain, the case that some games will simply not work (or work well enough) on Linux. It greatly increases the value of the device to me if I know I can play PC gamepass games or games like Destiny that won't be playable on Linux.

That said, it's clear that the Windows experience is far from complete for now. Until you can dual boot Steam OS and Windows and Windows itself is a better experience, it doesn't seem like Windows is a worthwhile option on the deck.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

I think of Windows support as essential to the goal of the Steamdeck, which I see as being able to play your entire library of PC games on a handheld. It is, and will remain, the case that some games will simply not work (or work well enough) on Linux. It greatly increases the value of the device to me if I know I can play PC gamepass games or games like Destiny that won't be playable on Linux.

That said, it's clear that the Windows experience is far from complete for now. Until you can dual boot Steam OS and Windows and Windows itself is a better experience, it doesn't seem like Windows is a worthwhile option on the deck.

I am tinkering with emulators and I have yuzu and rpcs3 working. Kinda sorta in the case of the latter. Based on that plus the steam games I have 512GB is uncomfortable. Windows is larger then Steam OS3 so I think Imma need to open the deck and replace its SSD.

Edit: I am concerned about drivers for the steam deck. Having a custom APU is cool since it's Zen2 plus RDNA2 but I don't think we are gonna be able to use the normal AMD APU drivers that come out for Windows.

2 hours ago, imthesoldier said:

I am hoping this can replace my old clunky laptop as a device that I can game on using Steam OS and do personal stuff in Windows. I am sure this will get ironed out. 

1 minute ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I check my email every day regardless. 

You “check” your email? What is this, 2008 before push notifications were a thing!?

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You “check” your email? What is this, 2008 before push notifications were a thing!?

I have turned my old hotmail email into my internet trash account. I never check it. I pretend it doesn’t exist. When I ordered, I assumed Steam would automatically charge me in the future. Nope. Instead I need to dumpster dive to make sure I don’t miss the confirm email.