Dead Space Remake (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - Information Thread, update: EA sending surveys to gauge interest in remakes of Dead Space 2 and 3

Brian

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dead Space Remake (PS5/Xbox Series/PC - 27 January 2023) update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

So excited for tonight!! Kinda bummed as I have a 7 hour car ride saturday {3 1/2 each way} for my youngest grandsons 3rd birthday. 7 hours driving for a 3 and a half hour party doesn't excite me much! I will get about 3 hours in tonight though you can be on it!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hand76 said:

Just made it to the first save station. Anyone else getting freezes? On an AMD 6600

Had to get it on a console and didn't care in the slightest but I chose the Series X . I wanted it on PC for the free Dead Space 2 but no biggie I'll buy it agin if I feel I need to.

No crashes here, past the first saved section. It basically is perfect. It looks amazing, precompiles shaders at initial launch, seems programmed to use a cpu beyond one core, pretty much a perfect smooth 120fps maxed out with RT at 4k dlss quality. Guess frostbite can be good for some things besides battlefield/front!

Motive must have good management, this is an impressive and smooth release remake or not.

Wait wtf did they patch or something in the last two hours? I swear it was near dead locked 120fps then all of the sudden now it’s like 100-120fps, which is a first world problem, but…how? I don’t understand what could have caused it. The gpu usage even when it’s running 120fps is just much higher than it was the first time I played it. It’s still super high frame rate but I don’t get how that is possible to happen. 

I also noticed the game keeps defaulting to balanced when I open it even though I keep setting it to dlss quality. Idk if there is an issue with the settings or something.

I did notice the spikes now that I was looking for them, seems like there are small loading stutters, not shader compilation issues. With some of the issues recently it’s a pretty small deal, at least on my machine, I didn’t even notice them at first. Everything has those to some extent but they may be worse here.

Also apparently vrs is always on which messes with dlss and you can’t turn it off. It’s harder to notice on a tv but probably kinda bad on a monitor.

Still, the issues seem small and a couple patches will fix it right up, looks and runs really great overall for me, it’s a million times better than Calisto at launch.

Also this game is a SHOW off for oled tvs. Looks so damn clean with those inky blacks. Calisto had raised blacks and honestly a lot of stuff does like RE2make did also. Here the tone is great and would probably make a good show off at best buy or something.

• Halal 1

Man, you'd have to be blind to think this looks like the original game. I just played the original game and this looks dramatically different.

I like Isaac's performance and interactions with the crew, makes the intro way less awkward. Time to actually dig in...

Just now, Xbob42 said:

Man, you'd have to be blind to think this looks like the original game. I just played the original game and this looks dramatically different.

I like Isaac's performance and interactions with the crew, makes the intro way less awkward. Time to actually dig in...

people…thought that?!!!!! It was obvious from the first reveal!